PDA

View Full Version : You ARE Killing your game.

ice_breaker
03-18-2010, 09:49 AM
I really don't know who is responsible for this(Rebellion or SEGA),but you ARE killing your own game! Damn.

Charge for a MAP DLC is completly nonsense. You are dividing the comunity, disrespecting your consumers and fans, Lied about Dedicated Servers(and still lying! Because all we have are some BETA ♥♥♥♥), and Killing the multiplayer.

I think we may expect to won't see any SDK release EVER based on this ♥♥♥♥ty DLC.

AvP3 is a GREAT game. I'm not kidding. And the multiplayer is so awesome. One of the best, in my opinion. But with you guys making those incredible unbelievable mistakes. This game is at terminal state. It is dying.

I am feeling regretful for having bought this game. Congratulations for that...

What a shame.

loli_san
03-18-2010, 09:57 AM
ya and its not refundable.
Should have canceled my pre-order in time.
O guess that is why it became avaliable in my region b4 the actual release date. Valve only refund pre-order games before they release.

AeonGrey
03-18-2010, 10:28 AM
I don't regret buying the game as I paid less for it (key on ebay). But yeah...this map pack works out to $2(US) per map. I just don't feel right paying that, especially given that the game shipped with too few maps in my opinion. But eh, maybe there will be a sale on it someday.

The game is very good, I thoroughly enjoyed the singleplayer, but yeah....A 4-map map pack for $8, just what? A month after release? I dunno. If it were me, I would hold onto those maps, work on some richer content, like new game modes...maybe new abilities/weapons for the classes, then wait a few more months then release a $15 DLC that has MORE maps and maybe some new features to add richness to the title. I think people would find that more reasonable.

tb87670
03-18-2010, 11:52 AM
I wish I canceled my pre-order as well, this game sucks so bad I took it off my HDD. Might get again later down the road, maybe 2-3 years from now, when the company is releasing a patch to finally allow dedicated servers and mods for a dead game that they kept making failed attempts of selling DLC for over a few years.

Tikuto
03-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Yep. Wish it the multiplayer started-off correct at the very least.

(Fratt)Behemoth
03-18-2010, 12:10 PM
It's a great game, the multiplayer has a huge potential, but SEGA and potentially Rebellion are just laughing at the community right now.

X_Minion_X
03-18-2010, 12:11 PM
you can get a refund email sega, they will send you a new copy you can return with your receipt.

ComradeLenin
03-18-2010, 12:21 PM
you can get a refund email sega, they will send you a new copy you can return with your receipt.

Doesn't really make any sense. What happens to your Steam game?

AMC_Duke
03-18-2010, 12:25 PM
if you dont want this maps you dont need to buy them

X_Minion_X
03-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Doesn't really make any sense. What happens to your Steam game?

Idk, doesn't really matter to me I'm getting my money back they have already sent the game to me just need to return it.

airblad3
03-18-2010, 02:40 PM
I wish I canceled my pre-order as well, this game sucks so bad I took it off my HDD. Might get again later down the road, maybe 2-3 years from now, when the company is releasing a patch to finally allow dedicated servers and mods for a dead game that they kept making failed attempts of selling DLC for over a few years.

lol, that sucks

ice_breaker
03-18-2010, 06:08 PM
if you dont want this maps you dont need to buy them

I think most of us wants these maps. The most maps we have, the better... :p

But paid for them is ridiculous.

catbarf
03-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Idk, doesn't really matter to me I'm getting my money back they have already sent the game to me just need to return it.

Could you elaborate on what you did?

X_Minion_X
03-18-2010, 06:22 PM
I sent them an email asking for a refund, I stated that the game did not come with dedicated servers as advertised and that I can't get into a game half the time. They asked for my shipping address a picture of my game with my name beside it, then they said a new copy is being shipped.

catbarf
03-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Ah. So you didn't get a Steam copy then. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by this point.

GrimCW
03-18-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't regret buying the game as I paid less for it (key on ebay). But yeah...this map pack works out to $2(US) per map. I just don't feel right paying that, especially given that the game shipped with too few maps in my opinion. But eh, maybe there will be a sale on it someday.

i wouldn't openly mention that to often.
thats actually somewhat considered illegit at times, and they were banning similarly sold keys and related accounts from MW2.

catbarf
03-18-2010, 06:50 PM
You buy a game, then sell it on eBay, perhaps as a retailer- technically the serial key IS the license for the game, a box and disk are just window dressing, especially if the key can be used with Steam.

xenoss
03-18-2010, 07:53 PM
"Killing" the game? Untrue. Because the game is already dead. It is killed, so "killing" isn't the right choice of word.

I look at my server list and can barely find a populated server. Only a month or so after release...

Don't get me wrong, I think Reb/Sega aren't the only 1's responsible for the game's demise. The bad reviews (those ones that are popular go-to sites with very questionable review content for this game) contributed a lot, too.

Reb/Sega finished the job, though. Whatever players they managed to get, they drove off.

I really liked this game; it could be so much more, and yet it isn't. I still visit these forums hoping for good news, but I never get any. In the mean time, my AVP server list remains populated with empty servers.

elixenie
03-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Rosen's Corollary: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by greed.

Smedley's Toothbrush: When what looks like greed benefits no one, consider sabotage.

X_Minion_X
03-18-2010, 08:32 PM
In order to get a refund on steam they said to take a screenshot of your gamelist

this is what they emailed me

To make this happen, I will need you to reply with your full mailing address and a photo or scan of your game with a slip of paper with your name visible in the same picture. If you purchased the game through Steam then please send a screen shot of your "My Games" tab in Steam. Once that is received, I will then be able to send out a factory sealed copy of the game.

GrimCW
03-19-2010, 07:17 PM
You buy a game, then sell it on eBay, perhaps as a retailer- technically the serial key IS the license for the game, a box and disk are just window dressing, especially if the key can be used with Steam.

thats true but part of the purchase agreement is that "not for resale" thing.
normally ignored, they took a toll when MW2 keys were being sold as is without the packaged deal, and for lower prices.
because many of these keys may just be from stolen copies of the game right out of trucks/stores.
proof is non-existent, but that doesn't stop some companies from slamming down a ban hammer anyways.

Game650
03-19-2010, 07:21 PM
hm, so you love the MP but don't want to pay for MP maps? I understand your anger, but direct it towards SEGA, they are the ones who charged us.

It makes sense they would charge us because the people who got the extra editions bought them for the maps mainly. It wouldn't be entirely fair to those people would it? So, if this is how SEGA thought about releasing the DLC then it's possible we may see free DLC as all of the DLC so far has been paid for by either extra editions or waiting for the stand alone DLC.

Hive Mind
03-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I mean, if you think about it, they payed 50$ extra for those maps and a face hugger, so we are actually getting it pretty easy.