PDA

View Full Version : New Maps are AMAZING!

Stratocaster449
03-18-2010, 10:06 AM
The new maps are incredible. There are facehuggers even on hive!

ComradeLenin
03-18-2010, 10:13 AM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee178/TrueRandomness/Random%20Pictures/trollface-1.png

SolidusPrime
03-18-2010, 10:13 AM

Who are you and what have you done to Stratocaster????

Seriously though, that kicks ♥♥♥!! The facehuggers are just aestetic; for show, right?

Ugh I cant wait to get home and play them :mad:

loli_san
03-18-2010, 10:14 AM
so the facehuggers worth 8 usd?
I highly doubt it...

SolidusPrime
03-18-2010, 10:28 AM
so the facehuggers worth 8 usd?
I highly doubt it...

No, the hours and hours of fun I'll have with my friends playing these maps will be though.

wtf is 8 dollars anyway dude? McDonald's extra value meals are almost that much...

michael89
03-18-2010, 10:29 AM
The Survivor - hive is a bit improved version of the single player - version.
Hell, it's the pack's most epic map.

Ps. around 6 - 7th round, there will be drone aliens, facehuggers and praetorians all together. (i survived to 10th wave, until praetorian came and sliced my head off.) :)

ComradeLenin
03-18-2010, 10:29 AM
No, the hours and hours of fun I'll have with my friends playing these maps will be though.

wtf is 8 dollars anyway dude? McDonald's extra value meals are almost that much...

I've purchased better, complete, finished games for less money.

SolidusPrime
03-18-2010, 10:31 AM

#1 - Which games?

#2 - So ♥♥♥♥ing what. You guys act like 8 dollars is the end of the world. If your going to be mad, be mad about the principal of the thing, not a measly 8 bucks.

loli_san
03-18-2010, 10:37 AM
I can name one now.
Killing Floor.

and of course it is not the end of the world.
some ppl are just disappointed that AvP come up with DLC first before they iron out the bumps.

Quint
03-18-2010, 10:38 AM

you are arguing for a mere 8 dollars only?how did you even purchase this game in the first place?No wait,are you in a street with your computer and posting here?Damn,that sucks.

tron_vix
03-18-2010, 10:45 AM
#1 - Which games?

#2 - So ♥♥♥♥ing what. You guys act like 8 dollars is the end of the world. If your going to be mad, be mad about the principal of the thing, not a measly 8 bucks.

1) World of Goo , CIV III complete , AudioSurf , Bioshock , Assassins Creed , Stalker SoC , Grid , Medieval TW II , ArmA1 .. and more .. All of them , below US$ 7.99....

2) US$ 8 for 4 (!!!) maps IS the end of the world... I think should be free... IF was 20~30 maps , I think it's ok.. but FOUR ? MAPS ?

KyRoS
03-18-2010, 10:59 AM
My biggest problem is that I don't care about survival and you don't get XP for it anyways. I'm one of those people who like to get unlocks, and would especially like to unlock all the skins, but that's nearly impossible at the rate in which XP is accumulated and the lack of players in ranked matches.

So basically for $8, I get two actual MP maps, neither are which are currently supported by dedicated servers.

The maps may be good, but this game was sorely lacking content to begin with. I mean, there are 6 MP maps for retail. MW2 had 18 maps I think. BC2 has 10 HUGE maps (2 were FREE DLC on release day). Charging customers for maps in a game that is struggling for players and should have had more content is just bad customer service.

Look at it this way. This map pack, had it been free, might very well have boosted sales of the game. In addition, it would have unified the player base of those who got the regular games and those who got the special edition. This DLC achieved achieved neither, as not the player base will be more split up and the entry price to get the game will be $50 for the game and $8 for the DLC. Just not smart business IMO.

Stratocaster449
03-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Just shut up already pussys! Bla Bla Bla This game is amazing!

CrawlingChaos
03-18-2010, 11:05 AM
ROFL.. i see what you just did there Stratocaster ; This is an amazing reverse-troll.

Vladplaya
03-18-2010, 11:10 AM

No sh*t, that's exactly what you have been saying all alone! Omg Why didn't I listen to you before!

RayzorBlue
03-18-2010, 11:11 AM

Your right I love this game especially the multiplayer, its just a shame noone plays it and they release a map pack for a multiplayer game that is still in beta, I am writing the 20 I spent on this game off as a bad investment, I got more multiplayer fun out of FEAR 2 than I have out of this. I'm off to play BF:BC2 at least they are fixing that game.

ComradeLenin
03-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Also:
Mount & Blade, Gyromancer, Trine, Shadowgrounds pack, Freedom Force and X-Com Pack, Psychonauts, Defense Grid: The Awakening, Zeno Clash, KOTOR, Madballs in Babo Invasion, Team Fortress 2, Red Orchestra

and yes even ALIENS VS PREDATOR 2000 CLASSIC LOLOLOLOLOL

These are only some of my games on Steam. Steam is not my preferred method of purchase and I've bought other games $8-less such as Civilization 4 Complete and Tom Clancy's Endwar. If we want to look into my console gaming collection (which I don't recommend because I own 20 different consoles) then today I just received a mint copy of Front Mission 4 for $4 shipped.

So yes I feel that $8 for 2 new actual maps (hardly anyone plays Survivor anyway) which aren't really new just cut & pasted from the single player, like all the other multiplayer maps are, is a horrible offer.

ElfShotTheFood
03-18-2010, 11:18 AM
You bought all those games when they were on sale, or they were already really cheap.

Stratocaster449
03-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Comrade ♥♥♥♥♥♥?

theSkillfull1
03-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Can't wait to get home and play these maps...but I can see this forum hasn't changed much.

Vladplaya
03-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Can't wait to get home and play these maps...but I can see this forum hasn't changed much.

Sorry to bust your excitement bro, but those are only few new maps. Its not new game or expansion. I am sure you will realize that few minutes into the playing those maps by yourself though.

wonderboy2402
03-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Nice try rebellion! Now take off that steam member skin.

ComradeLenin
03-18-2010, 11:27 AM
You bought all those games when they were on sale, or they were already really cheap.

And???

Is it bad buying games when they're on sale? Civ 4 Complete still retails for $40 on Amazon. Is it bad that I got it $8 retail brand new?

I actually got Red Orchestra brand new for $7 on eBay a year ago while it was still retailing for around $20. So no that wasn't on sale :P

I don't really see a point in spending full price for a game when you can get it much cheaper. Even AvP. I imported it from the UK for $30 USD.

If we're talking about full price offers then I certainly got my money's worth on pre-ordering Shattered Horizon and NecroVisioN: Lost Company.

jon_hill987
03-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Pay 5 or get kicked from the server every other game. I have already paid for the game, shouldn't I be able to play it without extra costs?

SolidusPrime
03-18-2010, 11:38 AM
And???

Is it bad buying games when they're on sale? Civ 4 Complete still retails for $40 on Amazon. Is it bad that I got it $8 retail brand new?

I actually got Red Orchestra brand new for $7 on eBay a year ago while it was still retailing for around $20. So no that wasn't on sale :P

I don't really see a point in spending full price for a game when you can get it much cheaper. Even AvP. I imported it from the UK for $30 USD.

If we're talking about full price offers then I certainly got my money's worth on pre-ordering Shattered Horizon and NecroVisioN: Lost Company.

Are you ♥♥♥♥n serious? OK my dad sold me my first car for $1. Should I go around ♥♥♥♥♥ing because I dont get every car for $1?

You bought games that dont sell anymore OUT OF A BARGAIN BIN. Thats why you got a bargain.

You've said yourself "I don't really see a point in spending full price for a game when you can get it much cheaper."

You obviously don't care to support a game, or developer simply because you think they made a good product. Your only after deals, which there is absolutely no problem with at all. Things like paid DLC are not geared towards smart consumers like you.

If we were all smart, no one would EVER pay for this kind of ♥♥♥♥. But I am being realistic here. It's not going away. Ever. Buy the ♥♥♥♥ and support a game you love! Everyone in the world could piss and moan about it, and it will never change. It's time to get over it one way or the other or move on. Like gas prices. Everyone and they're mom ♥♥♥♥♥es about that but you don't see them dropping a cent.

Wolf_sas
03-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah all those games except tf2 are ♥♥♥♥.

tb87670
03-18-2010, 11:48 AM
To be honest this was not even as bad as Borderlands, at least it lasted longer and I got to play BL with my brother via LAN constantly, so I had my fun with Borderlands for the price. AVP is just sadly broken, not fun, and another example of why Rebellion should never make a game again. This DLC is just more proof they suck, let the sheep buy it I'll play better stuff like Jagged Alliance 2 from GOG which is $6.

Mulky
03-18-2010, 11:58 AM
you are arguing for a mere 8 dollars only?

Just out of interest, how much higher would you have been willing to pay for the maps?

Also, while I'm at it, how much are you willing to pay for female and android player-able characters in multi-player?

What about new skins?

If they added a net gun for the Predator, how much is that worth to you?

Game modes, how much will you pay for extra multi-player modes, such as capture the flag and assault?

How many hours of play would a single player DLC need to be to justify a $10 price tag?

I'm not trying to troll, I'm genuinely interested in what DLC you, and everyone else, would consider value for money.

michael89
03-18-2010, 12:02 PM
So yes I feel that $8 for 2 new actual maps (hardly anyone plays Survivor anyway) which aren't really new just cut & pasted from the single player, like all the other multiplayer maps are, is a horrible offer.

Maybe people like to play survivor on solo, instead of playing with whiners like you?

Ever thought about that?

ComradeLenin
03-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Are you ♥♥♥♥n serious? OK my dad sold me my first car for $1. Should I go around ♥♥♥♥♥ing because I dont get every car for $1?

You bought games that dont sell anymore OUT OF A BARGAIN BIN. Thats why you got a bargain.

You've said yourself "I don't really see a point in spending full price for a game when you can get it much cheaper."

You obviously don't care to support a game, or developer simply because you think they made a good product. Your only after deals, which there is absolutely no problem with at all. Things like paid DLC are not geared towards smart consumers like you.

If we were all smart, no one would EVER pay for this kind of ♥♥♥♥. But I am being realistic here. It's not going away. Ever. Buy the ♥♥♥♥ and support a game you love! Everyone in the world could jarate and moan about it, and it will never change. It's time to get over it one way or the other or move on. Like gas prices. Everyone and they're mom ♥♥♥♥♥es about that but you don't see them dropping a cent.

Meanwhile, I paid $55 for Beggar Prince when it came out to support the developers (brand new Sega Genesis game, came out 2-3 years ago I believe), paid full price Torchlight (only $20 but an awesome game), pre-ordered Shattered Horizon ($20 full price, budget price but a state of the art game) and NecroVisioN: Lost Company ($30 full price), pre-ordered Bad Company 2 ($50), and plan on purchasing the expansion to Dawn of War 2 probably in a month or two or whenever I free up playing my set of games now.

Generally, yea I'll stick with my previous statement that I don't see much of a reason to pay full price. If I paid full price for the games I own now, I'd have 1/2 as many games.

I do support developers, when they deserve it. I haven't even installed NecroVisioN: Lost Company yet nor do I plan on playing it for several months. I could've waited months for a better deal but I decided not to. The same with Shattered Horizon (I do play this game but not that often). It was 10 bucks during one of the recent sales. Still I pre-ordered it.

Nor have I even played my Genesis copy of Beggar Prince that I've owned since release.

Beggar Prince won me over because it was a brand new RPG for a really old console. Shattered Horizon won me over due to the constant interactions between developers and players on the forum especially with developers implementing things that the community wanted. NecroVisioN: Lost Company won me over because I loved the original and was impressed with the amount of content and awesomeness that this tiny Polish studio managed to create. And Bad Company 2 won me over because I own every single other Battlefield game on the PC.

Those guys deserved my money.

Rebellion did not deserve my $30 for the imported copy of AvP and they sure as ♥♥♥♥ do not deserve my $8 for 4 copy/pasted single player maps.

(Fratt)Behemoth
03-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Hey, good job at telling SEGA the PC gamers are moron they can abuse as they want. Great job

Aitkenj
03-18-2010, 12:13 PM
The new maps are incredible.

I doubt that very much. All of the maps I already have are absolute ♥♥♥♥.

Out of intrest what are you gaining from being such a tool? Your posts are all drivel pushing the supporting of sloppy work at primium rates.

This whole game is probably only just about worth 4.99 screw "4" maps.

ComradeLenin
03-18-2010, 12:17 PM
I doubt that very much. All of the maps I already have are absolute ♥♥♥♥.

Out of intrest what are you gaining from being such a tool? Your posts are all drivel pushing the supporting of sloppy work at primium rates.

This whole game is probably only just about worth 4.99 screw "4" maps.

Dude, he's trolling.

Have you ever read his previous posts? He had a lot complaints and issues with this game.

He's poking fun and I find it amusing.

Stratocaster449
03-18-2010, 12:19 PM
As an AvP fan I would have paid $60 to play the hive map alone. Great job Rebellion this game is even more than I hoped it would be.

Aitkenj
03-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Dude, he's trolling.

Have you ever read his previous posts? He had a lot complaints and issues with this game.

Yeah ok my bad :(. I thought he was the same side of the fence as a few other people on here making daft posts like this.

SolidusPrime
Meanwhile, I paid $55 for Beggar Prince when it came out to support the developers (brand new Sega Genesis game, came out 2-3 years ago I believe), paid full price Torchlight (only $20 but an awesome game), pre-ordered Shattered Horizon ($20 full price, budget price but a state of the art game) and NecroVisioN: Lost Company ($30 full price), pre-ordered Bad Company 2 ($50), and plan on purchasing the expansion to Dawn of War 2 probably in a month or two or whenever I free up playing my set of games now.

Generally, yea I'll stick with my previous statement that I don't see much of a reason to pay full price. If I paid full price for the games I own now, I'd have 1/2 as many games.

I do support developers, when they deserve it. I haven't even installed NecroVisioN: Lost Company yet nor do I plan on playing it for several months. I could've waited months for a better deal but I decided not to. The same with Shattered Horizon (I do play this game but not that often). It was 10 bucks during one of the recent sales. Still I pre-ordered it.

Nor have I even played my Genesis copy of Beggar Prince that I've owned since release.

Beggar Prince won me over because it was a brand new RPG for a really old console. Shattered Horizon won me over due to the constant interactions between developers and players on the forum especially with developers implementing things that the community wanted. NecroVisioN: Lost Company won me over because I loved the original and was impressed with the amount of content and awesomeness that this tiny Polish studio managed to create. And Bad Company 2 won me over because I own every single other Battlefield game on the PC.

Rebellion did not deserve my $30 for the imported copy of AvP and they sure as ♥♥♥♥ do not deserve my $8 for 4 copy/pasted single player maps.

THAT I can agree with :)

I think paying for ANY form of DLC nowadays is rediculous, except in the special cases, like Fallout or Elder Scrolls. But you know, those aren't even really "DLC". Theyre freaking expansion packs.

"DLC" is crap like 2 new skins, or, like you point out, 4 new maps. It IS ♥♥♥♥ing stupid that the masses have allowed it to happen. But it did. It's already done and gone. It's a "norm" of the industry now, and companies like Rebellion/Sega need to do it to compete with the D-bags over at Microsoft...Even if they don't need it to compete, they're seen as almost stupid for NOT doing it, because we gladly line up to pay for it.

Back to the point: No amount of sticking to our morals, or ♥♥♥♥♥ing, or whining is ever going to make this DLC trend go away. Not until games like MW2 stop coming out. I've accepted that, and decided that the best thing I can do now is give my money to the games I DO want to succeed, and developers I love.

I would sell my kid to Valve for a spiffy new TF2 hat. Because I want the hat? Hell no, I dont give two ♥♥♥♥s about those things. I just love Valve.

Stratocaster449
Lenin your a typical dumbass as you dont even recognize sarcasm when you see it. To much time lost in your cyber world I guess.

ComradeLenin
03-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Yeah ok my bad :(. I thought he was the same side of the fence as a few other people on here making daft posts like this.

Nah he's a typical joker. Look through his other posts. About a week ago he had a nice one that we should all send Rebellion a $60 check and then maybe they'll implement real dedicated servers. Made me chuckle.

Stratocaster449
03-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Sarcasm dumbass! lol what an idiot you are lenin.

SolidusPrime
03-18-2010, 12:32 PM

You know....its funnier when you dont tell them...

ComradeLenin
03-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Dude, he's trolling.

No ♥♥♥♥ Sherlock! My definition of trolling is your definition of sarcasm. You're not being sarcastic. You don't even know what it means.

It's gems like these that made me rate this thread 5 stars.

EDIT - The second post in this thread, done by me actually, as a response to OP explains everything.

Stratocaster449
03-18-2010, 12:46 PM
I sense some hostility Lenin(sarcasm)are you off your meds again? LMFAO!!!!!

nzstiB
03-18-2010, 01:07 PM

So how are things at Rebellion?

AFireEternal
03-18-2010, 01:10 PM
So how are things at Rebellion?

BOY, WHAT AN ORIGINAL POST. It isn't as if you've said this a dozen times already in various threads.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pizzaguy
03-18-2010, 01:31 PM
How do you even buy this? I went to DLC on Steam but it doesn't show up.

ComradeLenin
03-18-2010, 01:33 PM

I think it's better that you don't know ;)

Cottonbud1
03-18-2010, 02:54 PM
And???

Oh ok then, I have got 100s of games for FREE with pirating ?

Stupid arguement.

AFireEternal
03-18-2010, 02:57 PM

Do a search for Aliens vs Predator in the Steam Store and it should show up as a separate purchase.

D_TOX
03-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Looks like Rebellions getting desperate. They're sending Devs out to the community to bull♥♥♥♥ how great the DLC rip off pack is.

AFireEternal
03-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Looks like Rebellions getting desperate. They're sending Devs out to the community to bull♥♥♥♥ how great the DLC rip off pack is.

Eh? :confused:

Cottonbud1
03-18-2010, 03:07 PM
He's a troll...

Sarcasm, look it up, that's what he's doing.

nzstiB
03-18-2010, 03:13 PM
He's a troll...

Sarcasm, look it up, that's what he's doing.

doesn't change the fact that he's actually right about the rip off part, and I don't see why devs couldn't makeup fake accounts and pretend to be a common user, it can be tactically fundamental to boost their cash flow from the masses of sheep

XLRDALLAS
03-18-2010, 03:17 PM
not really good maps 1 to small and dark great for alien marine cant see ♥♥♥♥, the other is a nice looking map but i see pred spaming disk an plasma from up high . the marine is f**** on bolth maps they look nice well the 1 the other too dark

username5
03-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Hey can anyone that purchased the dlc tell me how big the download is?

Im downloading now, but I couldnt find anything that said how big the download is.

InspGadgt
03-18-2010, 04:34 PM
No matter how amazing the new maps are...until they address the lag issues due to the poor code I won't play.

AFireEternal
03-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Hey can anyone that purchased the dlc tell me how big the download is?

Im downloading now, but I couldnt find anything that said how big the download is.

Supposedly it's around 1 gig.

Greenpakto
03-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Oh ok then, I have got 100s of games for FREE with pirating ?

Stupid arguement.

Thanks! Best post in a while :D

I must be honest and tell you that this is one of the most funniest multplayer games ive played. Maybe because my computer is good and I dont play DX11, so no crashes or freezes for me. But there are way to few maps, the DLC maps should have been released for all "Aliens VS Predator releases" as the "survivor edition" did.
And now 4 more NEW maps would have been added as DLC. I do like that there are a ranking system so that you can gain skins and such. But I would have liked the ranking system to add more, for example give better guns the higher rank you are. Meaning, if I am rank 10 I can start as as predator holding a spear for example.
Same with marine, he can start with sniper or whatever.
Eventualy marine and predator can choose two starting weapons.
Aliens would gain faster regeneration. Now all this should be a choice, to who you would like to level up first. Do I want to have my predator to "level up", my alien or my marine. Eventually if you are a hardcore gamer you would have leveled up all species!
So for example, at rank 10 you can choose to either,
A: Give alien better regeneration.
B: Add a new gun for marine to start with, or advance the motion tracker to pick up noises farther away.
C: Add a new weapon for Pred to start with (mines do not work to add).

PS: It wouldnt look like that at a real ranking system. I know!
But I just want the ranking system to be more advanced. So that you know what players have played for long etc. TO FEEL REWARED MORE.
NEWEST RAINBOW SIX a great example of customization and unlocking features that make you better.

ComradeLenin
03-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Yes, him not reading half the thread just responding to something in PAGE 2 and not reading any further comments = best response EVAR ^_^_^

Stratocaster449
03-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Ignore Comrade Lenin she is a major a ss hole.

ManOWar2
03-18-2010, 06:45 PM

I refuse for now to buy this DLC. Maybe I will, I dont know.

But you have a pretty damn good point.

Sometimes you may eat fastfood that is actually more costly than this, and for what, 5 minutes of pleasure and a possible health problem ?

lol...

carLow
03-18-2010, 06:59 PM

8 dollars aint much, but the so called 'dlc' just unlock maps you already have installed on your hd and rebellion was kind enough to deny access unless you pay (they made these maps before release date). so thats 58 dollars for the full game. no thanks. i already regret paying 50 dollars on the ripped version. rebellion aint taking 8 more dollars from me, and i hope everyone else with a brain do the same, so they stop treating us customers like ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

steakz
03-18-2010, 07:00 PM
8 dollars aint much, but the so called 'dlc' just unlock maps you already have installed on your hd and rebellion was kind enough to deny access unless you pay (they made these maps before release date). so thats 58 dollars for the full game. no thanks. i already regret paying 50 dollars on the ripped version. rebellion aint taking 8 more dollars from me, and i hope everyone else with a brain do the same, so they stop treating us customers like ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

BUy dis game! It is graaate! :D We need more players not enough now buy for your friends and family! maybe ur dog can play too!!!! just teach him! dis is good game cuz same company hoo made Rogue Warrior oh! and buy dlc! more maps!!1 only $8 dolurs for 4 maps!! WOW!!!!

i ruv rebellion oh and sega too!!! grate companies!!! der games work perfectly plus i ruv matchmaking ^^ it is like console only on my PC!!! :D so coooooooool!!!! hurry tho it's 33% for NOW!!!!!! i'm sory but i got to go and milk my cow, i can't get enough of milk it is sooo good!!! mmmmmm....my cow get upset sometimes when i do dis but I DON'T CARE LOL milk is good

see u in game? ok bye ^^

P.S I don't understand why admin ban me why do tey want to silence me, i just want to tell ppl how HONEST rebellion and Sega are for making a graate game, it even plays like a console which is coool cuz it's like...a xb0rx for my PC i'm sad now

Trashcantoy
03-18-2010, 07:03 PM
#1 - Which games?

just go away fanboi.. with your "what is 8 bucks", nerd. WE can safely asses the value of 8 bucks, and 4 maps that could have been put together by any modder are not worth it.

username5
03-18-2010, 07:07 PM
just go away fanboi.. with your "what is 8 bucks", nerd. WE can safely asses the value of 8 bucks, and 4 maps that could have been put together by any modder are not worth it.

pfft, he has a valid point.

You just have regurgitated childlike anger............

Pizzaguy
03-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Its the 18th and I still cannot download the maps.

username5
03-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Hey pizzaguy, i think your on my friends list :)

download the maps from the store (website), not from the game menu.

Greenpakto
03-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Ignore Comrade Lenin she is a major a ss hole.

Haha I will, but surely she must have some good features :)

I would like to say that I would have bought DLC because I am a major hardcore fan of this game. I do not need to buy it because I acualy have the survivor editon. Well spent money in my opinion.
Now we all feel differently about DLC packs. I do not care if they were made before releasing the game (they were though).
What I care about is that if a function such as DLC is added to a game, I would like to see DLC packs to be released shortly thereafter. Why else would the function have been implemented at all?
If not buying DLC packs, well then we are making sure they will not be doing any more of those.
And sure some people dont give a "♥♥♥♥", but I dont mind to pay some cash for extra multiplayer contents, once in a while (months, days or weeks whatever).

Though yes what they did was ugly, the maps should either be free or HAVE not been added to survivor edition at all. Community is now split in half. Where I personaly stand on the DLC side. I rather pay for a DLC (that I can keep for ages), than eat at Burgerking once.

Just letting you know how I feel about it all. Maybe by supporting rebellion, we will see that they will improve the game. BUT if a lot of people do buy the DLC pack, and they anwyay just stop working with the game (updating etc), THEN you can tell them to "♥♥♥ off".

PS: Just think about it, they messed up from scratch! By adding multiplayer maps to certain editions of the game (costed more for such edition). Just giving these DLC maps away for free would not be fair to the people who payed extra the first time (at least that how rebelion thinks, im guessing). So ya they messed up, but giving the stuff away free now would also be a sort of deathwish, I guess.
I dont mind though, I have survivor editon, payed extra, but I did it for the special casing. :P
If rebelion would give the DLC away for free, I personaly would not start a vendetta just because I earlier payed extra.

rumplemintz
03-18-2010, 08:24 PM
All I will do is post this link:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/aliensversuspredator2/download_2833917.html

That's it. The link/page itself does all the talking for me any everyone who is against this DLC.

J_Dash
03-19-2010, 01:03 AM

MMMMmmmn, Macca's, might go get some right now your making me hungry lol. Ok, now onto my response.

"At least you know what your buying when you purchase a value meal at McDonalds!"

Should I mention the money back-guarantee you get when your dissatisfied with the how poorly the food is presented?

loli_san
03-19-2010, 01:15 AM
ya at least Mac will give you a satisfying response when you present the problem. instead what sega/rebel are doing is offering you fries and drink for 8 dollars when you already bought the MEAL that included fries and drink (full game).

AFireEternal
03-19-2010, 01:17 AM
instead what sega/rebel are doing is offering you fries and drink for 8 dollars when you already bought the MEAL that included fries and drink (full game).

Well then you have MORE fries and MORE drink...I guess I don't understand the analogy.

If you want more maps, buy the map pack. If you don't, then don't.

Playing devil's advocate, I assume you meant to say something like, you bought the meal, but they only gave you some of the fries and some of the drink, and are now charging you 8 dollars for the rest.

carLow
03-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Well then you have MORE fries and MORE drink...I guess I don't understand the analogy.

If you want more maps, buy the map pack. If you don't, then don't.

Playing devil's advocate, I assume you meant to say something like, you bought the meal, but they only gave you some of the fries and some of the drink, and are now charging you 8 dollars for the rest.

exactly

its like you buy the meal, and when youre gonna take it to eat they say 'hey wait a min', then they take half of the fries and half of the drink right in front of your eyes, and say 'ok you can go eat now, if you want the full order you need to pay more 8 dollars.'

seriously, somebody should sue these morons

Greenpakto
03-19-2010, 08:22 AM
exactly

its like you buy the meal, and when youre gonna take it to eat they say 'hey wait a min', then they take half of the fries and half of the drink right in front of your eyes, and say 'ok you can go eat now, if you want the full order you need to pay more 8 dollars.'

NO its like this:
So while the "chef" is doing your fries he made about enough fries for three plates. But in order for you to get an "extra" pack of fries you have to pay extra money:
Chef- "Here you go, would you like extra fries with that?
Customer- "Sure just give it to me"
Chef- "That will be (a certain amount of cash) extra."
Customer- "Hey why dont I get to eat all the fries for free!??"
Customer- "The fries are already made so I should get it all without paying extra!"

That is the same thing. Either pay extra or avoid the maps. I doubt anyone would complain about getting free fries just because they were made in the same batch as yours.

The cost for the maps is another deal though. They are way to expensive (because they were already made, before releasing game), but its the way of life.

dleslie
03-19-2010, 08:33 AM

Aye, me too.

This game still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth when I see it in the games list. I have 179 games in my Library, most bought on sale or in giant packs, making this the third full-priced game I've purchased on Steam. It's likely to be the last.

Fool me once (L4D2) shame on you, fool me twice (AvP) then shame on me.

This DLC is just Rebellion squeezing us for more cash. Take a cue from Valve: when you drop the price your new content should be free, don't drop the price and charge for DLC. But I see what you did there, the Total Cost is still identical for players that want to be assured of a consistent Multiplayer experience.

SolidusPrime
03-19-2010, 08:41 AM
MMMMmmmn, Macca's, might go get some right now your making me hungry lol. Ok, now onto my response.

"At least you know what your buying when you purchase a value meal at McDonalds!"

Should I mention the money back-guarantee you get when your dissatisfied with the how poorly the food is presented?

LOL that wasn't the point guys. The point IS:

When you drive away from the drive through, and your missing, say, your fries. Do you rage the ♥♥♥♥ out? No. It was a dollar something, and your halfway down the road. Not even worth the gas to go back and get them. Sure, its BS that you paid for it, and they forgot it, but are you going to beat your head against the wheel, put out a petition against McDonalds, and go to their forums to ♥♥♥♥♥ about it OVER AND OVER AND OVER again?

No.

Trashcantoy
03-19-2010, 08:50 AM
pfft, he has a valid point.

You just have regurgitated childlike anger............
what a well thought out opinion, at least im giving an argument (unlike you)
why dont you stop personally attacking me :) you shouldnt be angry for being canned from rebellion

Liudator
03-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Omfg poor bums..... Mami can i have 8 dollar?

J_Dash
03-19-2010, 10:11 AM

Word! Nice 1.

J_Dash
03-19-2010, 10:18 AM
It's gems like these that made me rate this thread 5 stars.

LMFAO that is a ♥♥♥♥ing gem mate. + Rep lol

-Veritas
03-19-2010, 11:00 AM
you are arguing for a mere 8 dollars only?how did you even purchase this game in the first place?No wait,are you in a street with your computer and posting here?Damn,that sucks.

He is right. I bought killing floor for 5$ and it is far better than this DLC. In fact it's far better than AvP3 in general.

mriguy
03-19-2010, 12:02 PM
The game is ok, but they need to open it up to modders and the community.

I really dislike how SEGA views modders as an enemy to their precious DLC revenue.
They took the same stance with the Total War series.

Spend your $8 on an indie title instead and treat them to a cheeseburger. It's obvious that SEGA needs to go on a diet anyway.

Stratocaster449
03-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Poor pathetic Comrade Lenin:cool:

carLow
03-19-2010, 01:37 PM
NO its like this:
So while the "chef" is doing your fries he made about enough fries for three plates. But in order for you to get an "extra" pack of fries you have to pay extra money:
Chef- "Here you go, would you like extra fries with that?
Customer- "Sure just give it to me"
Chef- "That will be (a certain amount of cash) extra."
Customer- "Hey why dont I get to eat all the fries for free!??"
Customer- "The fries are already made so I should get it all without paying extra!"

That is the same thing. Either pay extra or avoid the maps. I doubt anyone would complain about getting free fries just because they were made in the same batch as yours.

The cost for the maps is another deal though. They are way to expensive (because they were already made, before releasing game), but its the way of life.

actually, a lot of places do that (at least in my country)

if you order a drink, and they make more drink then your glass can handle, you can drink a bit, and then get the extra drink for free with no costs at all.

but that food comparison is going out of the topic

the straight fact is: rebellion denied access to content already made and is charging people for it. they didnt even mention to their customers that we were buying a game with some parts locked, and they could only be unlocked with extra money. that would be a total different story.

Greenpakto
03-19-2010, 08:20 PM
QUOTE:

Hahaha yes its true it has gone quite out of line.
Laughed as hell reading that.

Cottonbud1
03-19-2010, 08:56 PM
actually, a lot of places do that (at least in my country)

if you order a drink, and they make more drink then your glass can handle, you can drink a bit, and then get the extra drink for free with no costs at all.

the straight fact is: rebellion denied access to content already made and is charging people for it. they didnt even mention to their customers that we were buying a game with some parts locked, and they could only be unlocked with extra money. that would be a total different story.

But I thought it was concluded that the DLC wasn't on our disks, and we had to download 1 gb of memory for it?

It was only included on the hunter's edition.

Cottonbud1
03-19-2010, 08:57 PM
what a well thought out opinion, at least im giving an argument (unlike you)
why dont you stop personally attacking me :) you shouldnt be angry for being canned from rebellion

Original joke, besides the fact it has been used by every other troll on this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ forums, really shows you have the intellectual capacity of a spoon.

AFireEternal
03-19-2010, 10:06 PM
exactly

Except it's really not like the analogy I posted at all. It's really more like, you bought the meal, but now you want the apple pie. Other people paid more and got the apple pie, but you feel like you're entitled to it for free, when in reality it costs $8.

Greenpakto
03-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Except it's really not like the analogy I posted at all. It's really more like, you bought the meal, but now you want the apple pie. Other people paid more and got the apple pie, but you feel like you're entitled to it for free, when in reality it costs $8.

No its not the exact same thing, the same thing would be if you paid for a meal, but felt entitled to a bigger meal (for free) then was given to you, because that meal was made in the same batch...

That in my opnion would be a complete "analogy" in this case...

Sierra Oscar
03-21-2010, 08:41 AM
OK I think it is clear that this thread has now run its course.