PDA

View Full Version : BC2 Mousewheel problem

Gromit
03-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Ok, so I have this problem where sometimes when I scroll the mousewheel down to get my ammo box, it scrolls up and gives me a pistol, and visa versa. I was using a grenade launcher and wanted to switch to bullets to shoot down a guy, but instead ended up throwing a box of ammo at him... I have checked that the controls are right, and for the most part it will work, just at the most inconveniant times it will switch around, help ? thanks in advance

TL;DR: Mousewheel sometimes switches controls and will scroll up when I scroll down. Have checked controls and they are fine

kyriel
03-18-2010, 11:29 AM
I end up throwing med packs at enemies. I've been told I'm quite generous :)

Iraqi_Police
03-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah. I end up rocketing my own tank a lot instead of repairing.

marcosxd2
03-18-2010, 11:33 AM
This is why I prefer to use the number keys

PsylentStorm
03-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Yeah. I end up rocketing my own tank a lot instead of repairing.

LOL I've done that a couple of times too.

But yeah, use number keys, or if you have a multi-button mouse, bind them to that.

Gromit
03-18-2010, 11:41 AM
LOL I've done that a couple of times too.

But yeah, use number keys, or if you have a multi-button mouse, bind them to that.
Will try binding the buttons to mouse. Thanks for the help

Orannis
03-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Its so annoying. I've started to use the number keys more now. I've noticed I get my pistol out faster when I use number keys too.

zosima42
03-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Its so annoying. I've started to use the number keys more now. I've noticed I get my pistol out faster when I use number keys too.

Same, switches faster and less chance of trying to hit enemies with a med pack.

Hundbert
03-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Ok, so I have this problem where sometimes when I scroll the mousewheel down to get my ammo box, it scrolls up and gives me a pistol, and visa versa. I was using a grenade launcher and wanted to switch to bullets to shoot down a guy, but instead ended up throwing a box of ammo at him... I have checked that the controls are right, and for the most part it will work, just at the most inconveniant times it will switch around, help ? thanks in advance

TL;DR: Mousewheel sometimes switches controls and will scroll up when I scroll down. Have checked controls and they are fine

What is your mouse. Sounds like you have your mousewheel set to the fast scrolling mode. On the g500 for example there is a button on the mouse you press to get the normal scroll back.

lilspooky
03-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Same problem here. I find it happens more when i am sprinting and change weapons.

When i was playing the Beta, my mouse wheel was always inverted.

I hope they fix this, i am tired of throwing med packs at enemies.

monkeyspunk
03-18-2010, 01:16 PM
I've had the same issue, i've noticed it always happens to me when im holding down shift and sprinting.

never does it backwards if I'm not sprinting, that's just me though.

bloggy
03-18-2010, 01:24 PM
It definitely happens only when shift is held down

irritating and has gotten me killed many times

nothing like rounding a corner, trying to switch from GL to AR, and ending up face to face with an enemy with just an ammo box in your hands

neuromancer
03-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Q= Secondary weapon
W= Primary weapon
Mouse6= Gadget
Mouse8= Spec Weapon

Direct selection > scrolling

Kastor
03-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Q= Secondary weapon
W= Primary weapon
Mouse6= Gadget
Mouse8= Spec Weapon

Direct selection > scrolling

How do you walk forward?

THE Nakedgun
03-18-2010, 01:51 PM
mouse wheel is fubar its classed ans an axis have a look in the options and try to bind 2 different htings to Mwheelup and down you will see its not possible.

neuromancer
03-18-2010, 01:54 PM
How do you walk forward?

EDAF are my movement keys. WSAD has always felt too cramped for my long fingers.

jonvan
03-18-2010, 02:01 PM
EDAF are my movement keys. WSAD has always felt too cramped for my long fingers.

Never heard that combo used. I was a arrow key player for the LONGEST time.

que3
03-18-2010, 02:05 PM

that feels pretty good actually.

neuromancer
03-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Never heard that combo used. I was a arrow key player for the LONGEST time.

HA!

Back in the Wolf 3D and Doom days it was Arrow keys for movement, left-Ctrl to fire and space to open doors. That was it :D

Sn0wbl1nd
03-18-2010, 02:13 PM
change the scrolling speed within windows and then u can scroll a bit slower even though your scrollin fast on the wheel ...hope that helps :cool:

shadowdragon970
03-18-2010, 02:34 PM
I use the numpad, and I've used all the accessible keys already for other things :(

Gromit
03-18-2010, 05:16 PM
How do you walk forward?

I have always used Mouse1 to walk and Mouse2 to shoot, mouse5 to reload. ASD as left, right and backwards.

And thanks for all the help from everybody and it is nice to see that I am not the only person with this problem :S

rezyn8
03-18-2010, 05:51 PM
I have always used ESDF as opposed to WASD. Gives you more keys to bind to important things like direct weapon selection.

Rattenkrieg
03-18-2010, 07:34 PM
This seems to happen to me especially when I am engineer. I'll say fire a rocket at something and scroll up to go previous weapon and get my Krinkov out but it will instead take the input as 'next weapon' and get out my repair tool.

KissYourKiller
03-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Yea this happens to me every no and then, that is why I too prefer to use the number keys, and when I get a new wireless mouse I'll assign the extra buttons to pistol and rifle. Everything else I'll just use the wheel.

With the power of thought.

lol, that was hilarious.

Matthias Vance
06-26-2010, 12:27 AM
lol, that was hilarious.

You can actually do this.

tnk343
07-02-2010, 04:57 AM
I have an MX-518 mouse and the game won't bind any actions on mousewheel up/down.
Is there any solution to this problem?