PDA

View Full Version : Ok, what does this game need ?

ShadowMan
03-18-2010, 07:17 PM
According to you ? We all know, we all want the proper Dedis. But what else is needed ? Speak up and let it be known. The imbalance issue is debatable to many. What would of been the perfect AvP to you ? Or at least close to it ?

Wolfrip_Sixshot
03-18-2010, 07:26 PM
The Marine Mechs from Avatar. Heavy Armour Predators, and Alien classes including the ability to turn into a Queen after a kill streak.

AFireEternal
03-18-2010, 07:26 PM
1) Fix ranked matchmaking, or better yet, do away with it altogether and make dedicated servers ranked.
2) Allow much more server customization (e.g. variable player limits per game mode, enable/disable weapons, auto team balancing, etc.)
3) Tweak/optimize either the netcode or the melee system so that having a ping over 50 does not horribly break the melee game.

There really isn't any major inherent imbalance, IMO, but certain game modes can lead to an imbalance depending on who is what race, what weapons are used, etc. (For example, Pred Hunt needs to be like 8 players max, no smartgun, possibly make motion tracker ping for all Marines as well as the pred)

Vladplaya
03-18-2010, 07:28 PM
I think the MOST annoying thing that bothered me during the campaigs would be enemy AI. I mean people act completely stupid and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, looks like developers didn't even try to put effort into making NPC act life like.

Better AI for single player is MUST, also it shouldn't be too difficult too fix. Just make it so ones Marines are aware of your presence, they will stick together and act like there is a deadly creature in the room. Especially when you already took out few of their buddies while everyone else is watching you... Man, its just disappointing how ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ AI destroys the immersion. Also aliens act pretty weird, they are too slow, and they rather hump around stuff than attack the player, which also looks pretty ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and doesn't help the immersion.

And for multiplayer? Oh man, I wont even go that far, there are endless possibility that can improve current game. The major three that pops in my head right now, would be 1) More maps that are made for All species (preferably outside night maps) 2) Different classes 3) Free character customization

Sin Red
03-18-2010, 07:37 PM
make alien vision have no limited rage IF they are actually in your line of sight. it's fine that you cant see something across the other side of the map through 10 walls, that's obviously okay and shouldn't be changed, there's nothing wrong with how the "wallhack" works. but on ruins for example, if there's nothing between you and a predator at the other side of the valley then he should have a red outline.

also perhaps make heavy attack take slightly longer to execute? as it is right now I find it IMPOSSIBLE 99% of the time to get my light attack in in time. and even if somehow my light attack does actually connect with him, his heavy attack will still hit me anyway and the best case scenario will be that we kill eachother at the same time.

following on from that....killing eachother at the same time. it's pure fail, and happens far too often. should only happen from the aliens acid blood

ShadowMan
03-18-2010, 07:44 PM
It would of been nice indeed, at least for the multi aspect of AvP3. After having a certain number of kill streaks (according to a server if it's enabled) one can morph to a queen, if playing a xeno. Another is (according to the server if it's enabled) to have Xeno life cycles, starting as a face hugger, then the so called worm once you popped out of your victims chest, then morphing into a warrior/drone or predalien, depending on the host. AvP2 had this feature.

A knockable or destructible Predator helmet (caused by heavy blows to the head), which allows the predator to lose specialized vision modes and lock on weapons for the plasma-caster and disc. AvP2 had this feature.

Specialized marine Mech suits influenced by the power loader, 1 per marine team. It could contain heavier automatic rotating guns, flame thrower attachment and even 1 or 2 rocket propelled grenades. AvP2 had this feature.

Larger and more versatile maps, good to be creative and imaginative. I find quite a handful quite small. Especially Survival maps, it's like an old DM arena match.

Maybe reintroduce an old feature which was only available in AvP for the Atari Jaguar. Add more predator vision modes, they could word differently in various environments and conditions. More coloring cycle, so to speak, which can be utilized more effectively in different conditions, and climates. Would need more maps and environments for this.

A few female Marines for Multi.

Larger maps for survivor, and an option to choose friendly AI along you, if you wanted too. Nice addition.

Maybe a mission mode for multi. Marines go in to purge the eggs, Xenos protect. you get the point.

sege
03-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Get rid of matchmaking, ranking, unlocks (just give us all skins) make the current DLC free and refund anyone who has already paid for it. Finish work on the Beta dedi servers and make the netcode as good as it can be. Sort out whatever ATI or other graphics issues people are having. Leave the price as it is for this current weekend deal permantly from now on, or at least untill the online number back up.

Don't change anything else about the game like balancing or crouching or any of that rubbish, because this is a great game as it is, it just needs to work FULLY, and it'd be an instant classic. Sales would sky rocket, players would come back to the game and sega and whatever developer they got to make the sequel would be rich rich rich! come cash in time for that next game!

IMO anyway......

Actually I'm serious. It doesn't make sense to me that, what must be one of the strongest IP's in the entertainment business (in terms of interest, loyalty and money making potential) so constantly underacheives. Look at the films! A = some of the best sci-fi horror/action ever made. P = 80's classic. AvP = rubbish...how did they manage that?!

A little investment from sega now and they'd be reaping the rewards for years to come.

ShadowMan
03-19-2010, 12:03 AM
What about the Default E key that does those unique moves be more like a wrestling match, by some continuous tapping, and the victim could also get out of it with continuous tapping also, the victor either is release (victim) or gets a kill (attacker).. So it won't feel so "auto" as some ppl say.

AFireEternal
03-19-2010, 12:08 AM
It would of been nice indeed, at least for the multi aspect of AvP3. After having a certain number of kill streaks (according to a server if it's enabled) one can morph to a queen, if playing a xeno. Another is (according to the server if it's enabled) to have Xeno life cycles, starting as a face hugger, then the so called worm once you popped out of your victims chest, then morphing into a warrior/drone or predalien, depending on the host. AvP2 had this feature.

A knockable or destructible Predator helmet (caused by heavy blows to the head), which allows the predator to lose specialized vision modes and lock on weapons for the plasma-caster and disc. AvP2 had this feature.

Specialized marine Mech suits influenced by the power loader, 1 per marine team. It could contain heavier automatic rotating guns, flame thrower attachment and even 1 or 2 rocket propelled grenades. AvP2 had this feature.

Larger and more versatile maps, good to be creative and imaginative. I find quite a handful quite small. Especially Survival maps, it's like an old DM arena match.

Maybe reintroduce an old feature which was only available in AvP for the Atari Jaguar. Add more predator vision modes, they could word differently in various environments and conditions. More coloring cycle, so to speak, which can be utilized more effectively in different conditions, and climates. Would need more maps and environments for this.

A few female Marines for Multi.

Larger maps for survivor, and an option to choose friendly AI along you, if you wanted too. Nice addition.

Maybe a mission mode for multi. Marines go in to purge the eggs, Xenos protect. you get the point.

Some great ideas here. An objective-based game mode would be awesome, or even bring back the Evac mode from AvP2. That was a blast, my favorite game mode in that game next to Infestation (or whatever it was called in AvP2)

InspGadgt
03-19-2010, 12:24 AM
It needs to have the alien controls to have wall walk either on or off with toggle...not on and sometimes on sometimes off. It needs to have alien heavy attacks be on 2 different buttons so that the player can decide which heavy attack to use and not the computer. It needs to have finalized dedicated server code with a comprehensive set of tools for administering the server. It needs to have whatever is causing the in-game lag to be fixed to stop all this melee fight skating...and depending on how well the game plays after the lag is fixed it may need the console auto aim feature turned off for the PC.

ShadowMan
03-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Yes, a toggle transition key. Also, a Pounce attack for the xeno. A well coordinated pound attack should be able knock an enemy on his back or stomach.

AFireEternal
03-19-2010, 01:39 AM
Yes, a toggle transition key. Also, a Pounce attack for the xeno. A well coordinated pound attack should be able knock an enemy on his back or stomach.

There already is a pounce attack (focus pounce), but I assume you mean a free-form one that will knock an enemy down?

Larry1212
03-19-2010, 01:53 AM
A shovel to help dig it's own grave.

mattymaddo
03-19-2010, 10:46 PM
There already is a pounce attack (focus pounce), but I assume you mean a free-form one that will knock an enemy down?

at the moment only the preditors pounce attack will knock the target over.

what they need to do is give the alien more damaging melee hits or more ways to stun there target. They should be the race you want to avoied in hand to hand combat

ShadowMan
03-21-2010, 07:34 PM
For multiplayer maps. I personally would love to see, Outpost 4, Reservoir, Verloc, Quarantine, Lucifer's Fate, Leadworks, Bunker, Depot, Colony, Auriga and Compound reinvented and implemented. :D

http://www.planetavp.com/avp2/mapreviews/ The originals here..

KaXaSA
03-21-2010, 08:00 PM
aliens being able to jump freely without having to get near a surface to do the 'transition', that would give aliens a little more mobility.

NuKehl2
03-21-2010, 08:21 PM
aliens being able to jump freely without having to get near a surface to do the 'transition', that would give aliens a little more mobility.

agree. Its most annoying to leap to the ground and face the opposite direction because of a jump animation.

~Killing people when the SK is actually done not when immediately initiated.
~Make a way your teammates can break you out of a SK.
~Wouldn't mind them to have a mode where there is no melee combat and bring it back to the old school. Preds would start with weapons.

username5
03-21-2010, 08:27 PM
~Make a way your teammates can break you out of a SK.

Actually while playing last night, I had some of my stealth kills interrupted, now i dont know what the deal is, or what the exact conditions for all players involved were, or have to be, theres just too many possible variables to get into, but i guess it is possible to interrupt it.

Was it just a one in a thousand, bug/lag induced isolated incident?

I dont know, and im not even going to go there so dont ask.

But I know you will so Ill say the server was running fine.

All I know is it happened, and it happened more than once.

NuKehl2
03-21-2010, 08:29 PM
its lag because once a SK is initiated its instadeath b4 the animation plays through.

username5
03-21-2010, 08:31 PM
see I knew youd go straight there. lol.

well i was an alien, and I had just grabbed the marine, and I had him so right up to my bod where i could smell him and...Wham, pred knocked me off, and I saw the marine running away lol and no kill was registered on my part.

Like I said, it happened.

Just to clarify the animation was started.......soooooooo

Believe me or not I dont care.

Believe me it was shocking at first, but then I was kind of happy the little guy got away lol.

His lucky day i guess.

Griker
03-21-2010, 09:46 PM
For multiplayer maps. I personally would love to see, Outpost 4, Reservoir, Verloc, Quarantine, Lucifer's Fate, Leadworks, Bunker, Depot, Colony, Auriga and Compound reinvented and implemented. :D

http://www.planetavp.com/avp2/mapreviews/ The originals here..

Lucifer's Fate man that map takes back great memories

I believe this game needs Marine crouch