PDA

View Full Version : experimental mod in the works

RCIX
03-19-2010, 03:05 AM
Supreme Commander 2: The Experimentals Project thread

__________________________________________________ _____________
Massive update in progress
__________________________________________________ _____________

I am currently in the process of setting up a Google Code project, as well as merging efforts with Esch1lus. The version i have below is out of date somewhat (though fine if you want to like play skirmish games), so be warned.

This mod is a full-blown mod, with primary focus on the experimentals. Its goal is no less than bring back the epicosity (is that a word?) of the original experimentals, while still maintaining the ability to deploy minor experimentals early in a match. I will also be adding in new research to each tree in a way that evens out the advantages associated with using each tree, and makes it less of an air spam game. Finally, there are several top-secret concepts i want to (re)introduce, which will bring the mod to the next level!

Features:
-- Epic experimentals -- you won't see minors before 10 minutes and majors before 25, longer if you're not experimental rushing. Experimentals also have new Experimental Effects, which make them experimental in more than just name.
-- Rebalances
---- The UEF and Illuminate Assault bots have been rebalanced to be more useful.
---- The Anti-Missile Units and mobile Shields have been buffed up to decently useful standards.
---- The Cybran navy is slightly more expensive, and is weaker on land.
---- Nukes are more expensive and anti-nukes are cheaper, meaning that they are not The Final Solution(tm) any more.
---- Mass Converters are now rate-based (you build and forget), but they have a maximum output.
-- New tech
---- New ACU upgrades -- cool things like Emergency Regeneration, Jump Jet Speed upgrades, and a Stun Jammer!
---- Flak upgrades -- you can now research flak for dedicated AA units (mobile and stationary), so gunship swarms are less effective. They cost a bit and are along in the tech tree though, so you can't research them right off!
---- New Illuminate Tech Tree -- the Illuminate now have a whole naval tech tree!
---- Stealth and Omni*!

*= broken right now, i have to look into fixing it soon.
-----------------------------------

Update 5/6/2010: This mod is being retired in anticipation of the merged version being released with Esch1lus.

Here's the download link: [removed due to being obsolete]

Unzip to a directory of your choice, then follow Install Instructions.txt. Changelog.txt details what's new in this version.

FAQ:

Q: I researched some stuff on the illuminate naval tech tree, but i dont see any change to my units! what's wrong?
A: Everything in the illuminate naval tech tree (save unit unlocks) only applies on water. These upgrades are intended to "harden" the land units while on water and make them effective at combating naval units.

Q: What exactly is a "stun jammer"? And what does it apply to?
A: It is a device mounted on the UEF ACU (after research of course), which stuns units which enter weapon range of the ACU. this only applies to land army units: Command units, experimentals, or structures will not be stunned. It can stun up to 20 units completely, but above that it will stun only 20 units. The catch is that as you get more and more units over 20, the stun duration over units it does stun decreases to the point it can't stun anything at all.

Q: What are these new "Experimental Effects"?
A: For each experimental unit, some aspect of it won't quite behave properly or will have some other (mostly negative but sometimes positive) difference that normal units won't have. For instance, the Megalith's main gun damages itself a little on each shot, and the Fatboy slows down during extended travel periods.

Q: How does hunker work now, and is it any better than before?
A: Instead of reducing all damage absorbed, it allows the unit that's hunkering to simply ignore all low damage projectiles. What's "Low Damage"? For ACUs it's anything below 100 damage, for loyalists it's 50, and for Aeon PD it's 200. (The UEF ACU also gets a research item to double the effectiveness of hunker). In essence, a hunkered unit can ignore tank and assault bots while it waits for them to be killed by something else. These units are still vulnerable to artillery units, and in some cases MMLS, as well as pretty much any stationary long range (and some short range) weapons.

Q: How does the production capping for the Mass Fabricators work, and what are the numbers used?
A: I use a falloff algorithm that makes each mass fabricator past a certain point (i think it's 2 for the UEF and 3 for the cybrans) gives you less return on your money up to another point, where building more fabricators have no effect on production. As far as the actual numbers go, the UEF and illuminate get a maximum production of 6 mass/second, which is achieved by building 11 mass convertors. the Cybrans get a maximum of 8 a second from 14 convertors, but this is because their mass conversion effectively costs 6 energy/second for every convertor that is active.

Known Bugs:
- Omni does not work. I have to figure out how to add it properly via research.

Planned changes:
- Even more research for the 3 factions, especially more ACU research.
- More units, as soon as i can get people to help me with modelling/texturing/etc.
- The rest of the experimentals buffing of course.
- Tons more classified stuff

This is a thread for discussing my mod, and not a thread for any other SC2 related thing. Please do not post about such things here...

gimrah
03-19-2010, 03:42 AM
Personally I think the minors are ok. You risk making the races too uniform. If you buff the AC 1000 it becomes a soul ripper clone. And if you switch AA for arty on the megalith it becomes quite like the Urchinow. And I like that they're cheap but not that powerful. They bolster an army but aren't an army in themselves.

But most of the majors are pathetic. They look heavyweight but they move like an arthritic tortoise and punch like a mildly annoyed hamster. You say king kriptor but I'm not too impressed with the colossus either. That beam is his only weapon and it takes forever to kill anything beyond a bot. Likewise the dinobot never seems to kill anything at all and it's even more expensive. I see a major coming at me and I'm not that scared if I have any defences at all. If it actually gets to my base intact, it should be devastating.

Palmerific
03-19-2010, 03:48 AM
One thing that comes to mind is giving the Aeon Sea Hunter the some more autonomy to its little glowing ball things. The range on it seems a bit low to me (maybe I'm using it wrong?).

Personally I think the AC-1000 fits in better as a minor experimental. And if it doesn't have a small AoE to its main canon, shouldn't it?

I would like to see a (large?) buff to the Air Fortresses anti-air, and perhaps a decrease to its land attack for balance purposes. It should be little more then a well guarded factory, not a base assault ship like the Soul Ripper.

It seems like the Cybrans Robo-Dino has way, way too few hit points. For something as enormous, short ranged, and expensive as that, I would expect it to be something like an extremely slow moving train that the opponent ignores at his peril. I'd also like to see its ability to enter air transports disabled. I mean, come on its a giant robot-dinosaur!

RCIX
03-19-2010, 04:02 AM
@gimrah: you have a good point, i'll keep the weapon types and AC-1000 the way they are for now (but maybe change their stats). A major buff for all major EXPs is in order, to make them more epic!

@palmerific: Points noted. The thing about the C. Rex which made it special was that you could get it so cheaply along with the megalith, which i'll try to bring back (it will be a "medium" experimental if that makes sense).

DrSuperGood
03-19-2010, 07:53 AM
I seriously doubt your ability to keep them ballenced with that atitude.

In general I will however say...
The darkinoid needs a buff, not only does it cost more than a soul ripper, take longer to build than a soul ripper but it is generally less effective than a soul ripper and lacks AA which the soul ripper has. I am not saying it should clone the soul ripper, I am saying that a aeon spamming darkinoids is much less damaging than a cybran spamming soul rippers, especially since soul rippers seem to have higher single target damage as well.
The megalith II is perfectly fine, people fail to see its exreemly low cost. It also has long range lasers meaning its perfect for supporting gound attacks from a distance. Logically if it gets focused it dies as it is not meant to be mid combat.
The dinosaur thing is prety much an expensive base killer currently. No AA and sort range with low speed mean it dies to megalith IIs who just run from it. Still I think its meant to be a base killer as it does I think the most DPS in the game when it can actually attack (which it can with still targets like bases).

AC-1000 is strong enough already, on par with soul rippers in effectiveness and is sure as hell cheaper. I saw a guy send in 200 fighters and 10 of them and totally level cheating AI no problem when my 6 darkinoids and 170 fighter bombers (totalling more in cost than his air fleet by multiple times) take longer to kill an enemy.

If you want to attempt such a mod, I advisse eithor moving all experimentals to the end tech chain level and making them all about equally powerful / costly or upgrading their statistics proportionatly with cost. If you make them too strong for their price, they will render normal units usless which is not the point of supreme commander 2.

aleksanderstorm
03-19-2010, 09:34 AM
You say king kriptor but I'm not too impressed with the colossus either. That beam is his only weapon and it takes forever to kill anything beyond a bot.

Um... the Colossus has miniature magnetron/pullinsmash bits in its arms. Basically, it grabs generic units up off the ground and throws them at other generic units. It's a cruel experimental like that- you say it can't kill anything but a bot, but with that ability it can grab tanks and throw them at other tanks and take out multiple targets with one go. Was the case in the original Supreme Commander, and it's still the case now. Doesn't mean it isn't weak, just pointing out you forgot it's magnetic unit-throwing attack by saying it only has one weapon. Everything the enemy throws at it is its weapon.

I'd also like to see its ability to enter air transports disabled. I mean, come on its a giant robot-dinosaur!

What, really? I assumed all major experimentals couldn't be transported even in experimental transports. Only the minors, and the only way to get them across maps with isolated sections was to rely on an Aeon player with a Space Temple... Curious. And nonsensical.

Nanobot o0O0o
03-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Let's not get distracted. I have a lot of suggestions but I am at work, maybe more later.

1) Darkenoid green lasers - Increased by 20% damage (At least 20% above the Megalith's red lasers)
2) [Hard Fix] Darkenoids dripping plasma slows enemy movement 20%

2) C-Rex Health increase
3) [Medium-Hard Fix] C-Rex anti-air addition
4) Ooh! Ooh! All Assault Bots need a DMG increase or Health increase (I have done tests, and Assault bots lose against tanks. Even mixed groups with bots will lose against just tanks).... They do have movement speed, but they are kinda worthless.
5) Reduce cost for Experimental Air Transports, but not the gantries.

====================================
Try to increase cost for units that you are finally making truly effective. :cool:

RCIX
03-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks for keeping it on topic nanobot :)

Assault bots will have to be a separate mod, as i want to start with experimentals to make sure i'm decent at modding.

You mention that darkenoids dropping plasma slows enemy movement, i'll take a look at the code. This seems like the sort of thing that's intended. Edit: nope, i don't see how that is done. In any case, such a fix is both likely beyond my abilities and this mods scope at the moment...

C-Rex AA addition? maybe replace the missile launchers? because wguke it's not impossible to have both, i think it would looks squirly having multiple weapons coming from the same spot on the model.

@DrSuperGood: i've cut my plans to change weaponry on the Megalith or buff the AC-1000, so i'm mainly looking at (right now) adjusting stats to give experimentals the same feel as SC1 and FA (with a statistics method as you suggested). What attitude are you referring to?....

@Aleksanderstorm: Yep, all experimental transports can hold one major experimental. I'd consider cutting the ability, but it gives the major (land) experimentals some use when there are chasms between the base(corvana chasm at least)

So, i'm currently looking at this list of changes:
Minor experimentals could use a small power/cost boost. Major ones need a very large one.
A lot of experimentals have a surprising lack of power in some of their weapons, and i want to fix this (king kriptor, i'm lookin at you)
King Kriptor
Universal Colossus (maybe make it a slow powerhouse)
C. Rex (i'm thinking make it a relatively weak but speedy experimental, add AA)
Minor land assault experimentals could use a bit more oomph.
Mega Fortress could use a bunch more anti-air abilities, and a drop to its anti-ground DPS. I also might look at making it cheaper to research relative to other experimentals so that it's something you might buy in a reasonable time period.
Magnetron needs a fix to prevent it from dumping way too much mass in when grinding up high health units.
A lot of weapons that have big poofy explosion effects are missing AoE, which i will try to fix.
Something for the darkenoid (see below)

So what i need to hear about are the structure experimentals, and the Illuminate ones: shouuld i do anything to them (beyond boosting their cost and stats proportionally)?

An idea i had for one or two weapons in order to make them more effective against defended stuff (in this case, the disruptor station and darkenoid) would be the ability to penetrate shields for their main weapons. THen it would be a "you better shoot it down before it gets to your base because you won't have a base" mentailty. I'm not entirely sure i can do it on a beam weapon though and i'd like to hear on whether it would be OP or even balancable.

Latrodectus
03-19-2010, 03:11 PM
This is a thread for discussing possible changes to the experimentals, and not a thread for discussing balance, strategy, replays, or any other SC2 related thing. Please do not post about such things here...

Airnomo: increased range

Cybranasaurs Rex: I wouldn't even know where to begin with this thing, maybe some kind of AoE EMP stomp that freezes units at its feet. But even that wouldn't be enough.

Wilfindja: Make it faster or more durable.

Airfortress: make it build fighters faster (like Noah Cannon speed). Mind you that's just fighters, not bombers and gunships. This would make it less vulnerable to air units since you would be able to crank out a lot of fighters to defend it no matter where it is.

Atlantis Aircraft Carrier: Make it invisible to sonar when it's submerged maybe? Given the unit's nature all it's really good for is sneak attacks. Maybe an increase in production speed.

Kraken: Problem with this unit is the Cybran naval units already dominate the water. Maybe give it long range tactical missiles or some BS like that. Or maybe give it a transport capability for land units. I'm grasping at straws here.

RCIX
03-19-2010, 03:20 PM
I plan on making the C. Rex a really fast unit (as fast or faster than most army units) to make up for some of it's other deficits.

Added wilfindja to the list.

Air fortress: i'm not sure i can pull that off. I might be able to if you can accept regular speed for other air unit production.

I'd probably beef up the guns on it so it can deal a good punch, and yeah a production speed boost is in order.

Maybe (just maybe), replce the lasers on the kraken with some really long range guns (like illuminate TML or something), so that it has more use.

Latrodectus
03-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Air fortress: i'm not sure i can pull that off. I might be able to if you can accept regular speed for other air unit production.

Tough to say, allowing some one to build gunships at such an enhanced speed could cross some lines, even though they've been nerfed. Still, it IS a deep-tree experimental unit, so maybe it should have that kind of viability.

Oh, also I think the King Kryptor is fine as it is, the AoE damage on its main cannons is insanely good against clusters of units.

The AC-1000 is also fine imo.

RCIX
03-19-2010, 03:46 PM
I dunno, since when you see that big huge BOOM i expect to see tank wreckage not damaged tanks, seeing as a commander shot can wreck a tank (as seen in the first cutscene). After all, if it's going to be a 4k+ mass costing experimental, those cannons better have a big punch!

Aesir Rising
03-19-2010, 04:33 PM
I thought I posted some numbers on fac unit build speeds, but forgot, I guess. Anyway, Noah can do its units in 2 or 3 seconds each, depending on the unit. There may be a decimal fraction that isn't displayed, but 2 or 3 seconds is what is shown.

the air factory, last I looked was producing as if it were a regular factory with max veterancy, e.g., a UEF gunship popped every 8 seconds, and so on. now, when I ran those numbers, I can't recall if I had max research or even if any research bonuses applied (I don't think so) but I wanted to at least give a reference point.

RCIX
03-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Ok, thanks for the tip.

This is my final list then before i get working, anyone who wants to toss in suggestions should do so in the next couple of hours (before 8 o clock forum time):
Minor experimentals could use a small power/cost boost. Major ones need a very large one.
A lot of experimentals have a surprising lack of power in some of their weapons, and i want to fix this (king kriptor, i'm lookin at you)
King Kriptor
Universal Colossus (maybe make it a slow powerhouse)
C. Rex (i'm thinking make it a relatively weak but speedy experimental, add AA)
Minor land assault experimentals could use a bit more oomph.
Mega Fortress could use a bunch more anti-air abilities, and a drop to its anti-ground DPS. I also might look at making it cheaper to research relative to other experimentals so that it's something you might buy in a reasonable time period. Cut buildtime reduction to only the fighters
Magnetron needs a fix to prevent it from dumping way too much mass in when grinding up high health units.
A lot of weapons that have big poofy explosion effects are missing AoE, which i will fix.
Something for the darkenoid (see below)
Wilfindja durability or speed boost
Boost atlantis guns, production rate
Look at kraken for weapon replacement or stat boost or ... something ...

RCIX
03-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Some musing on the Air Fortress and the Atlantis II

If the Atlantis II is to be built (relatively) early on in the game, then what's needed is a reduced production cost over carrying capacity and production speed. This will make it an attractive choice over standard air factories because you get a mobile air factory with battleship level guns (they will get a boost), submersibility, and lowered production costs.

However, for late in the game, what you want above all is production speed and the ability to deploy many units at once. Thus, i feel the air fortress should get a boosted capacity and producion rate, but build at slightly lowered or same cost as an air factory.

JEWNICRON
03-22-2010, 01:12 AM
I would love to see a buff to the Wilfindja in terms of fixing it's firing mechanism. It does good damage when it doesn't die before the drones reach the target, because they always trail behind the Wilfindja, if you could simply increase the range of the drones individually to attack anything inside the radius of the Wilf's range, that'd be awesome. And a speed boost is utterly vital to the functionality of it as a boat killer, it needs to be given an incredible naval movement speed boost, not land though if you fix it's firing.

I think the Assault block could use a little bit more durability, it's design sort of implies it should be a "tank".

The cybranasaurus rex should maintain it's slow-but-impossible-to-kill nature imo, but for as much research as it costs it should deal a lot more frontload damage with it's fire breath, maybe even double.

The Universal Colossus I think what would help it is to have it's main laser have a small AOE (i don't know if it does or not), and to have the units it shoot explode too.

NERF THE LOYALTY GUNS ♥♥♥♥ING RANGE (and maybe increase the speed at which it captures normal units to compensate, or allow one to fire at several units)

Also agree with Latrodectus' Airnomo range increase.

And overall just give all exp a minor damage increase across the board.

I fully support this idea, and am willing to help testing when ready.

RCIX
03-22-2010, 01:31 AM
Wilfindja data noted. But as for the C.Rex, UC, and Urchinow, i went a little bit different direction with those. You can grab the mod and find installation instructions from this thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1198153). You can also see all the gritty number changes and what i was going for with each. Minors won't come in before 10 minutes, and majors before 25. Longer for the really big ones.

Lol, calm down a little, i'll think about what to do with the loyalty gun, maybe it will just be really expensive so that the logical solution would be to stop it before it's built.

"My name is JEWNICRON and i fully support this idea"? :)

Feel free to give the mod a test in skirmish, and if i play online tomorrow i might be able to arrange an FFA match or something between me, you and a friend!

JEWNICRON
03-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Lol, calm down a little, i'll think about what to do with the loyalty gun, maybe it will just be really expensive so that the logical solution would be to stop it before it's built.

Everytime I see that green 400 mile laser I go to my calendar and pencil in a visit to the liquor store and the orphanage.

RCIX
03-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Ok, updated the original post with the latest info.

JEWNICRON
03-22-2010, 10:58 PM
I find the research point cost for some of the minor experimentals a little hefty, if I need an experimental to counter a unit I need it before those units are already upgraded enough to kill me D:

RCIX
03-22-2010, 11:01 PM
I find the research point cost for some of the minor experimentals a little hefty, if I need an experimental to counter a unit I need it before those units are already upgraded enough to kill me D:

IIRC i based all my boosts on the roughly 43 percent more cost it takes for 10 points vs. 7. I'll think though, i don't want to make them too accessible in light of their new power, and i could easily drop them by a point.

Viscule
03-23-2010, 05:53 AM
When i first saw the Wilfindja ever. I was like OMFG ATTACK DRONES. Then i tried to kill navy with it and cried a little bit inside.

RCIX
03-23-2010, 03:29 PM
I was actually worried it was OP now, though i (think i) stopped it from firing on land targets, so it should only do what it does best: pwn navy. It has a longer range which can go up if still too short, and i did a bunch of other tweaks to make it more awesome. I'll be releasing tomorrow, with changes to the rest of the land EXPs (wilfindja, pulinsmash, bomb bouncer), and any other changes people recommend to the existing buffs.

RCIX
03-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Ok, Beta 0.2 is just about complete and i'm just waiting on the new patch to update my mod for release, and i gotta fix a few research things.

Banu
03-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Is it possible to make the Loyalty gun's beam blocked by shields?

Hedd
03-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Is it possible to make the Loyalty gun's beam blocked by shields?

I seez you.

RCIX
03-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Hmm.. maybe, it depends on how it works. I suspect not though...

RCIX
03-25-2010, 04:05 PM
*bump*

Updated to v0.2, come an get it!

Edit: i have a solution for the Illuminate being horrible at naval:

Each illuminate hover land unit has a "sea mode" which it activates when entering water. It will divert power from the hover systems (making it slower) into various other systems which increase its stats in other respects. Initially, it has nothing to activate in sea mode so its unchanged. However, i have added research items to the Illuminate naval tech tree (the empty one) which provide on-water buffs to army units. This makes them more useful on water. I will also be moving the Wilfindja to this tree, and possibly adding an air unit based on its drone (anti-naval gunship or torpedo bomber or something)

RCIX
03-27-2010, 04:17 PM
*bump*

0.3 is out (has been for a day), and i hate to triple post but i've gotten NO feedback at all... Not a good thing for a modder, i can tell you that right now :)

RCIX
04-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Up to 40 downloads (or so), and no feedback.

*sigh*

Anyway, i want to know: what exactly needs to be done to the experimental transports to make them more useful? Just having more health/weapons than an equivalent carrying power of transports? What if i re-purpose them (i'm not sure what i would do for the UEF one but i have a good idea for the cybran one), then make regular transports more powerful/expensive? This would also prevent transport rushes.

RCyclone
04-01-2010, 11:53 AM
I did notice one slight bug in the naval tab for aeon for the 100% regen one it says 100% vision instead of regen just so you know. :)

And for transports I don't really use them and I play aeon so yeah...

So far pretty cool and a awesome job on this mod! :)

RCIX
04-01-2010, 02:48 PM
I did notice one slight bug in the naval tab for aeon for the 100% regen one it says 100% vision instead of regen just so you know. :)

And for transports I don't really use them and I play aeon so yeah...

So far pretty cool and a awesome job on this mod! :)

Thanks!

Oh, huh i must have missed that tooltip change. Thanks for catching that, it will be fixed for 0.4!

RCIX
04-01-2010, 02:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDPuu1d2CtI

Were you aiming for another thread? :)

Micah Otac
04-01-2010, 05:13 PM
One thing I think would Help with the Experamentals is Use the Tech points for Building them.
make the Low lvl experamentals need say 10-15
High takes 20-30
And the Nova unit cannon Takes None to Build but eats one point For each unit built.
The aeon Tower should use say 20 to Move the exit to a new location.
Reason is this would make the Tech points more usefull later game, and make it so Tech is used for more than just the RnD tree.

RCIX
04-01-2010, 06:30 PM
I got something like that going for the exp RP cost, but i do like your idea of things costing RP to use. I'll try and find a way to incorporate it :)

RCIX
04-03-2010, 01:37 AM
I got a little impatient, so beta 0.4 is out. See the original post for info!

alrich6
04-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Okay, so my unit idea is basically an experimental engineer that's designed to be built to an almost indestructible level, yet it can't attack. Instead, it can build several things simultaneously with a build speed slightly faster than the ACU'S.

Each faction should probably have their own version (unless you think this is more of a Cybran sounding unit). For the Aeon version, it would look similar to the assault block (can float of course), for the Cybrans, similar looking to the proto-brain (can fly of course) and the UEF...well design wise I'm not sure but it could have extra strength to compensate for not flying or floating perhaps.

If you're sitting there thinking what it would be used for, mainly it would be for building forward bases in risky places at fast speeds. It's build speed should change depending on how many things it's building at once, too.

However, my fear is people using it to support their armies to invincible levels. Maybe not allow it to repair? : /
Useful yet too overpowered?

RCIX
04-03-2010, 05:21 PM
I do like the idea of an engineer that can build but not repair, and it really does sound like a Cybran thing :) I can see its a little like the Noah for forward bases as you could put them up cheap and fast but you can't use ti to support and repair stuff in there. In fact, this might fit with an idea i had to expand the unit count...

alrich6
04-03-2010, 06:12 PM
What kind of poly limit are we looking at here btw?

RCIX
04-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Good question!

I'd want to go with whatever levels of polys they the GPG artists used for given types of units, but if you can't find that out then i'd use this:

1000 polies for army units and small structures
2-4k polies for large structures and minor experimentals
5k polies for major experimentals and anything else that large

alrich6
04-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Wow, that's actually a lot more than I thought it would be, but ok. I'm pretty sure though that rockhead tanks don't use 1000 polys. If I knew how to open up one of the mesh files from the game it would make this a lot easier.
Although, based on this (http://supcom2.wikia.com/wiki/File:Rock_Head_Tank.png) image, just by counting half the tank polys and doubling the number, roughly somewhere around 100-200 polys. But since they likely used a lot of alpha textures and normal maps, it's difficult to accurately guess. : /

At the risk of making a crappy looking unit though, I'll have to aim for around 200-400 for anything the size of a rockhead. The trick is in having a good texture artist to be honest.
I wonder if they'd tell us how many they used if we asked them...

RCIX
04-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Well, i wasn't sure so i set a highg max limit, but based on your feedback we could go:

500 polies for army units and small structures
1-2.5k polies for large structures and minor experimentals
3.5k polies for major experimentals and anything else that large

avgleandt
04-08-2010, 10:29 AM
My suggestion for CyberRex. Instead of making it stronger or faster, I suggest adding some kind of pounce ability, kinda like a cat. Rex would move at orginal speed but once its target is in some set range, he loads and pounces to the target so that the target is in flame range. Basically covering the remaining ground between him and target in very speedy fashion. The pounce can have some reload time as well, mabye it doesn't come right away but needs to be researched.

RCIX
04-08-2010, 03:49 PM
That's an interesting idea, but wouldn't work for two reasons:
1. I don't have any animations of it "pouncing"
2. I seriously cranked up the power on the other major assault experimentals, and it needed a sizable power boost to match. It's stil the cheapest and fastest to build though.

You will be seeing active abilities on each experimental though, related to their Experimental Effects!

alrich6
04-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Do we have a texture artist yet? A lot of the stuff I need to do will depend on what the textures will be like.

RCIX
04-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Yup, though i might need an animations guy. How good are you at those?

alrich6
04-08-2010, 09:44 PM
I can animate but don't really know how it works with games since the animations are triggered rather than simply played out. In other words, I don't know how to "save" the animations or how it's integrated into the game/mod. But I can animate, particularly if I rigged it too. So how can I get in touch with the texture guy?

RCIX
04-08-2010, 10:34 PM
I should have sent an email to both you and the texture guy, and IIRC with emails you get to see all of the primary recipients. I'll refrain though from posting his email directly on this page so as not to invite spam for him :)

alrich6
04-09-2010, 09:45 AM
:/ Haven't recieved any emails from you in the past couple days. Checked spam folder too. Speaking of which, did you get those emails I sent you back? PM me his email.

RCIX
04-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Hmm, lemme check on that. I'll be busy for most of the weekend though, so if you don't hear from me that's why.

alrich6
04-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Just came up with a cool unit idea XD
This is for the UEF since it's kind of brute strength based. It's use in the game is two-fold: 1st, it serves as a land based unit transport/tank. 2nd, it can be used to push forward large land forces toward an enemy base at the same time.

The design would be similar to the mega fortress but with gigantic wheels or tank treads (like the fatboy 1). It's key feature however is a huge metal wall at the front made to act as a mega shield that can "scoop" enemy forces away like a bulldozer (Bulldozer would be a great name for it too). I thought of it when I was thinking of this (http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/05/Military_Land_Bridge.jpg), except it opens up sideways as a wall, possibly curving round it's sides slightly for protection. It would act to literally push away enemies with good speed. Then when the time is right, you can unload your troops with added protection. Hitting the vehicle face-on would only do very minimal damage, but flanking it and attacking the sides and rear would be very effective at taking it down. It's normal speed would be quite good, but should get a 50% decrease once it's wall is opened up.

The other uses for it are for air restricted games where air transport isn't available and for crossing bridges. A nice extra feature would be an ability to bulldoze down enemy buildings if it manages to get to their base. Obviously it would be weak against air attacks and arty, so it's not too overpowered. Also this should not be able to be picked up by the experimental transport (for obvious bulldozing reasons).

: / Actually, now that I think about it, this could probably be a Cybran unit since they don't have anything that will transport units besides air transport (UEF have noah and Aeon have teleport). Should even things out. Unless I'm missing something. *Hopes this won't step on the bomb bouncer's feet*

Anyway, tell me what you think...

alrich6
04-10-2010, 01:06 PM
@RCIX: Have you figured out how the animations are exported to the game yet? I've been experimenting and have worked out how to export animations as .anim files within Maya, and .FBX files will happily transfer over models and animation details (with one or two annoying hiccups) to 3ds so I can export in the correct file for you to use. Either that or I'll take a look and see if there's a plug-in for Maya for that instead.

RCIX
04-11-2010, 07:57 PM
The unit idea is interesting, though i have something in mind for non-air based transports, as well as an "offensive defensive unit". I'll email you soon :)

As far as exporting animations go, i'm not sure how that works as i'm just the code monkey ;) You might want to ask on the GPG forums about them, i'm sure they would know.

RCIX
04-12-2010, 12:23 AM
Update: i'm tracking down a possible bug with a previously released feature, then i'll release. This next release will feature a couple exp boosts and new research, but it's mainly to get back up to speed with the latest version.

Joecheeze
04-14-2010, 02:22 PM
wait wait wait. mods.... didnt think you could mod supcom2?!?!?!?!?:confused:

RCIX
04-14-2010, 02:33 PM
You Can, just without mod manager support. Means you can only have one installed at a time, and you have to manually disable it (by uninstalling it). That said, please try, i put a lot of hard work into it :)

alrich6
04-14-2010, 07:14 PM
The engine supports displacement and normal maps right? I know it supports bump maps which is good.

RCIX
04-14-2010, 08:50 PM
I know it supports normal maps, i'm not sure about displacement. It does support diffuse, reflective, and glow maps as well. THere's a very informative thread on what all the textures do for models on the GPG forums.

RCIX
04-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Update: I've updated the mod to 0.6, which contains a boatload of new stuff and compatibility with the latest patch. See the first post for details.

RCyclone
04-15-2010, 11:27 PM
After testing the 0.6 version it seems the Badabooms no longer work correctly in it. The buff doesn't affect anything not sure if the regen does either. O_o

RCIX
04-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Odd, lemme check the code to see why...

Edit: i figured it out, when in skirmish mode it applies a different buff i didn't specify (i thought it just used the one). If this is really breaking i can push it out in an update right now, otherwise i can just note it for the next version.

RCyclone
04-16-2010, 12:03 AM
I don't think it's too bad I can wait for the next release.

alrich6
04-16-2010, 11:49 AM
A small request for a new restriction here. Could you make a "No Air Units (Except Transports)" restriction? Sometimes I want a no air match but would like to strategically place my units on the field quicker. I'd love to be able to get an automated logistics system like I used to in SC1.

RCIX
04-16-2010, 01:44 PM
It might be doable. Lemme check the code.

Edit: yep, it should be easy enough. It'll be in the next version (assuming my changes to the given file actually do anything). IIRC, didn't people also want a 'No Artillery' option?

RCyclone
04-16-2010, 02:52 PM
yeah, that would be good too.

RCIX
04-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Update: unfortunately, it would seem that the UI ignores any attempts to add additional restrictions beyond those in place. I could hack existing ones, but i don't know which ones i would replace.

alrich6
04-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Would it be possible to put factory assist back into the game? God knows why they took it out of the game. I noticed something else in the demo and I'm surprised it hasn't been changed or at least made optional yet; when you tell a transport to assist a land factory that's building units to go to a particular waypoint to unload and attack move, the transport will only pick up the units waiting outside the land factory and then move on to the waypoint. It does not fill itself up all the way like it should do (at least in my mind), so you only put about anywhere between 1-8 tanks into the field per drop instead of the 20 odd you could be putting in. They just get picked off when they hit an army bigger (which they will). The only way of getting round this is to put a load of engineers onto the factory to boost it, but that still fails to meet even half the amount of units to fill a transport, particularly if you have the +10 transport load research. Adding factory assist will allow you to stack up multiple factories to the same transport so there are more units to fit into it when it returns.

Alternatively, the pathfinding for the transport (I'm assuming it's pathfinding) could be fixed by GPG. It seems we've had a ton of pathfinding issues this time round despite them telling us how good it was going to be : / I do enjoy the flowfield though :P

The main request though isn't factory assist, it's a "special assist" I thought up. Sometimes what I will do is have an experimental land factory producing Kriptors on loop with a waypoint to the enemy's base. But sometimes what will happen is I'll forget to send in tanks too if I'm distracted. My kriptor goes in unsupported and gets squashed. I propose a special assist option done with ctrl - right click from a land factory onto an experimental factory. What this will do is automatically tell each unit that comes out of the land factory to assist whatever eventually comes out of the experimental factory. All you do is have about 3-4 land factories and 1 experimental factory set up with a special assist and whenever the kriptor comes out, the land units support him by themselves. If the kriptor gets destroyed you could have the game tell the land units to either retreat back to the experimental factory and wait for another one or use whatever waypoint the kriptor was using and continue on. This also works well for air experimentals like the transports etc.

I also like to have an experimental transport assisting an experimental factory with kriptors being made and have them automatically drop them in the field. What would be nice is to make the transports also pick up whatever units are assisting the kriptor via the special assist. So when making a transport assist an experimental factory, if you special assist (ctrl-right click) the transport to the experimental factory it will also load the tank units special assisting the experimental. Hope that makes sense.

Is that possible?

RCIX
04-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Very nice ideas, but unfortunately all the assist and transport stuff is out of my reach in the engine. Besides, i'm mostly happy with how factory regular assist works (though your other ideas are good)!

RCIX
04-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Beta 0.7 has been released, which contains more bugfixes, balance changes, a new Hunker implementation and more experimental effects. See the first post for download link and details of the new hunker system.

Esch1lus
04-24-2010, 03:38 PM
-- Epic experimentals -- you won't see minors before 10 minutes and majors before 25, longer if you're not experimental rushing. Experimentals also have new Experimental Effects, which make them experimental in more than just name.
-- Rebalances
---- The UEF and Illuminate Assault bots have been rebalanced to be more useful.
---- The Anti-Missile Units and mobile Shields have been buffed up to decently useful standards.
---- The Cybran navy is slightly more expensive, and is weaker on land.
---- Nukes are more expensive and anti-nukes are cheaper, meaning that they are not The Final Solution(tm) any more.
Although I really appreciate your afford to enhance the game, I'm quite angry to see that many of my mod changes are copy\pasted in your project. It's true that I'm not the only modder who can change how the game works, but changing in the same exact way is silly.

RCIX
04-24-2010, 05:38 PM
I have not touched your mod, and in fact have never downloaded it. I offer my own spin on modding, with some focus on unique script features. I should put a disclaimer on my mod saying:

Any similarities with other mods, unless otherwise noted, are entirely coincidental.

I assure, you i try and forget what i saw on your changes before making a change to a given unit, let alone copypasting your changes. I hope you believe me :)

Edit: aside from balance changes (those are pretty trivial 5-minute things for me), the main focus of my mod has been on good solid experimentals, and new features that use scripting to implement. Don't believe me? here's a list:
- Layer-based buff application and removal
- Health based buff application and removal
- Stun Jammer related code
- Adjustments to the buff system to make it a little more flexible.
- The ability for production to be inefficient (i spent a good 4 or 5 days on this).
- Experimental effects (thse involve smaller scripting projects for each and every experimental).
- A new implementation of hunker.
- Expansion of the research system to allow application of layer and health-based buffs via research, plus stun jammers too.

Esch1lus
04-25-2010, 05:30 AM
Any similarities with other mods, unless otherwise noted, are entirely coincidental.
Coincidental? Not credible. If you posted in my thread, no matter you downloaded it or not, I'm sure you read my mod description. You should change your mod a bit, for a matter of respect at least. Then I'll trust you 100% :)

Micah Otac
04-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Not sure if there is any way to code this. But is there a way to change the Mass Converter so instead of "rate Based" It will auto fire all of them at 999999 Power? (Or what ever the max was)

Also It would be nice if Factory's / Engineers Produced power and Mass. Say 0.1 Mass and 1.0 Power each engineer, and Double that for the factory's. Perhaps while Idle? That might be over powered though...

RCIX
04-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Coincidental? Not credible. If you posted in my thread, no matter you downloaded it or not, I'm sure you read my mod description. You should change your mod a bit, for a matter of respect at least. Then I'll trust you 100% :)

I did read your mod description at one point, but all i can say is i did my best to forget about whatever changes you amde before making my own. I'll download a copy of your mod and try it out to see what's most similar i guess (i won't dissassemble it i promise!), then see if i can't go another direction for my mod.

Not sure if there is any way to code this. But is there a way to change the Mass Converter so instead of "rate Based" It will auto fire all of them at 999999 Power? (Or what ever the max was)

Also It would be nice if Factory's / Engineers Produced power and Mass. Say 0.1 Mass and 1.0 Power each engineer, and Double that for the factory's. Perhaps while Idle? That might be over powered though...

I get what you're saying with the mass convertors, and i think i could do it, but i prefer the way i have it now. However, i'll consider releasing a separate mod to do such.

That is an interesting idea, but i think i'll have to decline on that too. I'm not sure how much it would affect balance to allow engineers and factories to produce resources (even if it's only while idle).

RCIX
04-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Ok, i just looked at your mod description, and it woudl seem that while we changed a lot of the same units, we ended up with different numbers. For instance, my P-Shield stats are the following:

p-shield new stats:
RP: 4
mass:80
energy: 200
build time: 25
shield health: 1250
shield size: 32
shield regen rate: 4
health: 900
regen: 3
whereas you simply buffed up it's shield health, regen, and i forget something else. Another example (this time nukes/anti nukes):

UEF/illuminate Nuke launcher changes
RP: 20
mass: 1000
energy: 3000
build time: 3 minutes
health: 6000
regen: 15
nuke cost: 1250 mass 10000 energy 5 minutes buildtime, max storage of 3
increased total nuke damage to 50000

UEF/illuminate anti nuke changes
RP: 6
mass: 350
energy: 800
build time: 100 seconds
anti nuke costs: 1250 energy 400 mass 30 second buildtime, 10 max storage

Cybran all-in-one nuke thingy changes:
mass: 500
energy: 2000
build time: 2 minutes
health: 10000
regen: 20
nuke costs: 12000 energy 1500 mass 5.5 minutes buildtime, max storage of 2
anti nuke costs: 1250 energy 400 mass 30 second buildtime, 10 max storage
My mod provides a steeper cost for nukes and cheaper for anti-nukes, making it paramount to take out any antii-nukes around covered targets first, or catch the player by surprise.

My titan changes are the following (pulled out of my changelog over several releases):

Titan changes:
increased weapon DPS to 100
increased speed to 4.5
increased titan cost to 60 mass, 150 energy, and 27 second build time
decreased Titan health to 950

New Research:
Assault Bot Health --increases assault bot health by 40% (6 points)
Assault bot damage -- boosts titan damage by 25% (4 points)
whereas you simply buff it slightly. I hope these offer enough proof that i make a unique mod, but if you still feel that i have similar changes, I'll try and change something. You're welcome to download my mod and inspect my changelog, and even disassemble it (provided you don't steal my work of course :) )

Esch1lus
04-25-2010, 04:59 PM
No, there was no intention at all of not trusting you, since you're showing me the differences between our mods. Notice that, although not equal, most changes are moving in the same direction. For example I've found slow and expensive nukes and cheaper antinuke both in my mod and in yours, as you stated above.

Anyway, since I'm here for the same reason you're here, and since we got the same general ideas about the game, we may merge our mods and ask machater for a sinergy (he's doing an incredible job for the AI), meaning that this trio could do the best mod outta here.

RCIX
04-25-2010, 05:19 PM
That's not half bad an idea. I got some cool scripting features and research (and tbh i prefer some of my rebalances over yours ;) ), and you're ahead of me at rebalancing the economy, air, and navy. If you want to merge with me, i could send you an email detailing my progress and goals.

katzenkrimis
04-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Yeah, you guys should work together.

Esch has done some great work already. But the lot of you would make a great team.

Who knows if GPG will ever balance this game properly. Can't imagine we'll see any sweeping changes from them.

Keep up the good work.

paxton666
04-26-2010, 12:53 AM
I want to try this mod but the link on mediafire says page cannot be found

NEVERMIND, I tried again and it worked

katzenkrimis
04-26-2010, 03:07 AM
I tried out the Wilfindja. Works great with the nice big 48 range and 75 vision.

The 14 pod speed and 12,000 HP are great, too.

Interesting decision to disable its ability to attack ground targets. I like it. It keeps the Urch and Wilf apart. Gives them their individual roles.

I'll try out some more units later.

---

Love the new tech tree layout & costs, the nuke silo and nuke defense. Also like the titan, the mass converter, all the experimentals (especially the Kryptor fix). : )

Esch1lus
04-26-2010, 03:38 AM
That's not half bad an idea. I got some cool scripting features and research (and tbh i prefer some of my rebalances over yours ), and you're ahead of me at rebalancing the economy, air, and navy. If you want to merge with me, i could send you an email detailing my progress and goals.

I don't like some of your mod aspects too, but merging is taking the best from both and removing what is not perfectly working. This is our goal and that's the right way we have to walk.
Let me know when you want to speak about it.

Love the new tech tree layout & costs, the nuke silo and nuke defense. Also like the titan, the mass converter, all the experimentals (especially the Kryptor fix). : )
Me too.

RCIX
04-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Cool. As soon as you PM me your email we can start talking (i prefer emails to PMs). In the meantime, i'll download your mod and try to give it a good workout.

Edit: thanks guys for the complements, only way i know i'm doing my job is through you :)

RCIX
04-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Interesting decision to disable its ability to attack ground targets. I like it. It keeps the Urch and Wilf apart. Gives them their individual roles.

I actually did that because it would be way OP when attacking land units (major experimental weapon in a minor experimental body and all that) :)

katzenkrimis
04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Yes, that would be great if you guys merge some of your numbers.

You both have great vision for this game.

I like it.

I'll play some more tonight. Test it out.

Volgun
05-03-2010, 03:23 PM
I download this an a few hours ago and thought id try the aeon navy tech tree on finns revenge and i think i found a bug with the way all off the upgrade stack.

All of my unit on water had enough range, sight and radar to cover most of the map, some of them covered the full map and had 10k+ health and destoryed every thing instantly in a few shots.

And they couldnt get very far into the water only about 1 or 2 lengths of a basic tank and then couldnt move the only way i could get them out was teleporting them.

I didnt try any experimentals so i dont know if that effects any of them
Also when hunker for the acu was researched but its icon to activate it didnt appear

with cybren it crashed twice on a 4 player FFA (3 comps on that X shaped platform i cant remember the name) at about 18 mins into the game and this has never happened before

going to try uef when i have some spare time
Keep up the good work looking forword to playing the completed mod

RCIX
05-03-2010, 05:59 PM
The stuff with the aeon navy is sort of expected, that code is kind of buggy :/ However, it may be my fault where i simply offered too many buffs, i'll experiment with my dev copy (i didn't really touch that aspect).

With the Cybrans and crashing, this is because of the change they made to the Mega Armor that i forgot to update compatibility for. It's fixed in my dev version.

Hmm, that's very odd with the Hunker icon not appearing, can you get a screen of that? it works fine over here.

Basically, until i release again, make sure to just play UEF (sorry); the next version should be much better as i am merging with Esch1lus :)

Glad to hear you like it!

Volgun
05-04-2010, 04:35 PM
ok i double checked the hunker not appearing and it Doesn't appear on the uef or aeon acu.

i havent checked the cybrens acu or bot since it crashes or the aeon point defence.

i have screenshots of both but i dunno how to post them on here ( im new lol)

RCIX
05-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Ok, as soon as i get my working copy into a state where i can check on this, i will. THanks for the report!

Everfades
05-05-2010, 11:49 AM
I love your work, finally experimentals aren't finished modells. Instead they can have unexpected problems but also unexpected benefits. Just awsome :)

Btw I saw the scalemod on the gpg-forums. Could you think about scaling down all units about 20-30% ? It really makes the game feel more epic as it makes the maps virtually larger ^^ If you don't know it try the mod from the gpg forums, it really makes a larger difference than you think, it feels far more like a finally adult game. It nearly feels like good old TA and SupCom/FA :)

In the scale mod the experimentals aren't build in the experimental factory but instead like in Supreme Commander. I liked it maybe you like that idea too and want to add it?

I hope I gave you some starting points for new stuf :) If you need ideas for more experimental effects just tell us and we help you out. I would love to see at least 2 negative and 1 positive effect on every experimental (some just happening really rare, others more likely). To have more than one guy working on a mod isn't easy right now due to missing mod support. If a new update enables real mod support I could try to help you editing the gamefiles.

Anyway thanks for reading and have a nice nice day :)

RCIX
05-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Always glad to hear another person likes my changes!

I get what you're saying about the smaller units and larger maps, but i was never really a fan of having small units. It's just not the direction i'm going with the mod. I also like that they now have dedicated construction gantries for the experimentals so those will be staying. Thanks for the ideas though!

It's not too horrible actually, i'm working on merging my mod with the creator of Eschmod. The big depressing thing is that so few people want to use mods now that they (hopefully temporarily) removed the mod manager support. That's why it's so nice to hear every time someone posts with a "it's a good mod" post! :)

Everfades
05-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Damn I always played SupCom 1 with friends with mods. I bet real modsupport and some good modtools would create a modcommunity in less than 2 weeks.

I like your new resource system btw. Always hated endless resource supplies. But it should be balanced a bit by changing the position of the mass generator in the tech tree or make it more expensive. I haven't looked up the supcom 2 files alot but I guess it's not possible to make the building decrease energygain, right?

Oh, before I forget. You could increase the max zoom to make the units still look as large as before when you scale them down. This would make the maps larger without making the units feel smaller.

(When your next version of the mod comes out I can make some videos to advertise it on youtube. More mod fans --> more pressure for the SupCom 2 Patchcreators to insert modsupport)

WV2MJR
05-06-2010, 12:13 PM
I believe I speak for most of the community as I say we are very excited and eagerly awaiting the new Supreme Commander 2 mod made by the two talented mod makers. Since you both will be merging mods in a combined effort to provide a better game experience, what is the new mod name going to be (if you have decided on one already)? Also, I believe the community would like to know how is the transition is going?

RCIX
05-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Ok, I can report that we've finalized a working arrangement and I'm laboring to get the mod to the point where Esch can tweak it and release a new version. As far as the name goes, I'm in favor of keeping SC2: The Experimentals, but I'm not entirely sure since the mod has blown past that scope (and esch hasn't really weighed in on what name he would like).

@Everfades: I can see how it mass convertors would need to be more expensive, so I can do that. and aside from the setup with the Cybran convertor, no there's no way to make units draw energy. Also, with the zooming, I actually tried that but i couldn't figure out how (wanted to see all of the pretty unit details) :( Also, I think we would welcome someone making some videos of the mod! Thanks!

@WV2MJR: Really? I didn't expect many people were interested in the mod. Wow!

Everfades
05-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Send an email to earthplayer1@gmx.de when you are ready with your mod and I will make some vids. (Do you have xfire btw?)
I have no time to mess around with the game files currently but if you can't find out how to increase the max zoom I will try it in a few weeks. Maybe theshadowlord already found out something as he's making a scale down mod and I'm sure he messed around with the zoom already as he made some fixes to the max zoom-out so maybe he knows how to increase the max zoom-in, too.
Ask him: http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43762&start=75

(And the converter problem could be fixed by giving the generators from UEF and Aeon [I WILL NEVER CALL THEM ILLUMINATE!] the same ability as the cybran one and cutting out the massgenerator completely)

Esch1lus
05-07-2010, 02:28 PM
@WV2MJR: Really? I didn't expect many people were interested in the mod. Wow!

I don't think so.
Or rather, I'm almost sure that the majority of players is even ignoring the existence of this forum and gpgnet. This makes me a bit angry because that are dozens of players complaining everywhere about the game, there are tons of "no xxx" games, but no one is asking if our project could be the way to open a new chapter of this sad and frustrating community. And apart from a bunch of trusted friends, no one seems to be interested in our project. My Balance mod is version 1.5, it's almost completed in every aspect, but although this, there are 8 subscribers in my steam group, which means that only 8 people are going to play it. I have to admit that I have a hard time when I try to play even with those 8 people due to gmt problems, and due to the fact that all of them have to study\work and so they have big problems finding a place in the day to play with me. It seems that a 2v2 match organization is impossible for the reasons above, which is terribly sad.
I'm starting to get bored about the game, because I hate vanilla and I won't bother playing it without the mod. At least, I want to see my creation at work at least once.
This doesn't mean that I'm not going to merge our works; I'm still here but my university exams are coming and I should consider how to spend my precious spare time between fun and modding.

tevtevbob
05-08-2010, 07:20 PM
ok if ANYONE is interested I think a unit/exp should be created that can hold air and/or land units at the same time but not able to build them. What I'm getting at is pretty much a transport that also carries air units so you dont need 2 unit carriers but just one... I'm just suggesting but ya that'd be a little more effiient.....

jonabar31
05-09-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't think so.
Or rather, I'm almost sure that the majority of players is even ignoring the existence of this forum and gpgnet. This makes me a bit angry because that are dozens of players complaining everywhere about the game, there are tons of "no xxx" games, but no one is asking if our project could be the way to open a new chapter of this sad and frustrating community. And apart from a bunch of trusted friends, no one seems to be interested in our project. My Balance mod is version 1.5, it's almost completed in every aspect, but although this, there are 8 subscribers in my steam group, which means that only 8 people are going to play it. I have to admit that I have a hard time when I try to play even with those 8 people due to gmt problems, and due to the fact that all of them have to study\work and so they have big problems finding a place in the day to play with me. It seems that a 2v2 match organization is impossible for the reasons above, which is terribly sad.
I'm starting to get bored about the game, because I hate vanilla and I won't bother playing it without the mod. At least, I want to see my creation at work at least once.
This doesn't mean that I'm not going to merge our works; I'm still here but my university exams are coming and I should consider how to spend my precious spare time between fun and modding.

I am using your mod and it is fantastic! I'm just a little uneasy playing online. Keep up the good work!

RCIX
05-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Ok guys, i'm officially retiring this thread. Please don't post in it anymore, as my mod has been merged with Esch's. I'll be getting the mod data to him tomorrow or so, so he can prepare it for release.