PDA

View Full Version : BS unlocks

rasta-far
03-19-2010, 05:55 AM
why would you try hard to get an unlock when its worse than what you have already? shouldnt it be the other way around, like start out with ♥♥♥♥ty weapons then get better ones? the first sniper rifle is the best all the way up to the COL, then they give you another ♥♥♥♥ty sniper rifle that is quiet but takes 4 shots to kill an enemy unless you wig him/her. not saying headshot are hard i got my badge already for marksman headshots. and once you unlck them all at early levels, your like thats it? LAME!

Smasher4ya
03-19-2010, 05:57 AM
why would you try hard to get an unlock when its worse than what you have already? shouldnt it be the other way around, like start out with ♥♥♥♥ty weapons then get better ones? the first sniper rifle is the best all the way up to the COL, then they give you another ♥♥♥♥ty sniper rifle that is quiet but takes 4 shots to kill an enemy unless you wig him/her. not saying headshot are hard i got my badge already for marksman headshots. and once you unlck them all at early levels, your like thats it? LAME!

well its kinda true. BF2 unlocks were great!! wish DICE made a special unlock system as in BF2 for us PC gamers only. When i first unlock G3 in BF2 it was freaking great!! top notch kills i got with that rifle!

Now in BFBC2 it cant shoot sht 5m away

STEVENXO
03-19-2010, 06:07 AM
Learn to use the G3, it's one of the best rifles in the game if you burst properly. I've never heard anyone say the G3 was just "Okay." It's either "it sucks" or "it's great," which tells me that some people just haven't learned to use it correctly.

As for unlocks being better, I disagree. One thing I've always liked about BF is that unlocks aren't always necessarily better. There are things about the unlocks that are better, but even the default weapons are useful. When you make unlocks flat-out superior, you just make the newer players have to work harder to be effective, which in turn makes people leave. I don't want elitism in this game.

ugly kid joe
03-19-2010, 06:10 AM
I like how the unlocks aren't as great as the default guns. It keeps everything in more balance because everyone already has one of the top notch guns, instead of 1-2 stat padders who unlocked the top gun.

Now the gadget unlocks, that was annoying. I didn't like how the starting medic has a LMG and sidearm and that's it. No defib no healbox. I mean how could one consider that a medic in the game.

(wounded player) Doc I need a heal or I'm gonna die

(medic) sorry dude I haven't unlocked my heal box or defib.

shotbirds
03-19-2010, 06:26 AM
Hmmmm, I actually like the VSS sniper, I do A LOT better with that than any bolt action, maybe its my play style, I don't know. But as for the g3, that thing is terrible o.O. I have no idea how i managed to get a gold star with that.

The stats on the guns in-game aren't necessarily true btw :/ and I'm pretty sure they're there to add variation rather than dmg and killing power

Starfire13
03-19-2010, 06:46 AM
It depends quite a bit on the individual. Some are great at getting their crosshair right on the target real quick. Others take a little longer, but track moving targets a lot better. Some are really good at leading moving targets and getting headshots on targets that don't keep still.

Hyperion88
03-19-2010, 06:51 AM
With the g3, if you're firing more than 2 bullets in a burst, you're doing it wrong. It should almost be treated as a semi-automatic rifle.

zomgzomg
03-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Just because you suck with some gun doesn't mean it's ♥♥♥♥ty.

rasta-far
03-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Just because you suck with some gun doesn't mean it's ♥♥♥♥ty.

yes it does

zomgzomg
03-19-2010, 07:26 AM
If it is indeed so, then you must be really, really crap at this game. Most people who use these ♥♥♥♥ty guns, even the noobs, can use them just fine. ;)

Product
03-19-2010, 07:33 AM
I suck with certain guns; So i just flat out avoid them and try the next unlock when it comes along.

Some nights I do well with said weapons though - I was tearing the enemy apart with my MOD-0 the day I unlocked it; however now I can't hit the broadside of a barn with it :p

vorhees77
03-19-2010, 07:38 AM
I don't see it as an upgrade/down grade with unlocks but more of an alternative. I like all the guns in the game and i prefer the obscure ones because players disregard them as crap. I hated the G3 at first but i treat it like the M14 and it's a beast. I think most people disregard them because the learning curve is huge compared to the default weapons, but it boils down to personal preferance.

FocusPocus
03-19-2010, 07:42 AM
g3 is ♥♥♥♥ty because of its low rate of fire, no attachments and the fact that by the time you get it, you most likely have the good weapons of each class.

Assault: An94/m416 (or other you prefer)
Medic: M60 (or other you prefer)
Engineer: Carl Gustav + AK47u (or other you prefer)
Recon: GOL Magnum (or other you prefer)

MrChris
03-19-2010, 07:42 AM
yes, unlocks are more thought of as alternatives, they are not necessarily better weapons, some guns might have better stats but players will sometimes prefer a different gun

sniper for example, some people might overlook the type 88 or SVU, but whack a 4x scope on them and god dam you can mow some people with them

D4mnit
03-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Weapons unlocked later are not better, but have different strengths and weaknesses. You should use the weapon that best fits your own play style, not the one that is considered to be the "best". It's something called balance.