PDA

View Full Version : Skip the Weekend Deal

dleslie
03-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Save your cash, the game might be worth it at 66% off.

Lister of Smeg
03-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Fix the controls to make it feel like it did back in the days of 1999 with AVP and we might just get some players.

Wolfrip_Sixshot
03-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Fix the controls to make it feel like it did back in the days of 1999 with AVP and we might just get some players.

The only control difference between AVP 2010 and 99 is the the Aliens in game walk-walk toggle is missing and autotransition off is not really fully off.

Reconfigure the controls a few times till you find a sweet spot and they become more fluid although a agree Alien controls would be better with AVP 99's toggle walk walk in game.

Might take a couple hours to get use to the Alien wall-walk system in muiltiplayer. Your better off using focus leap to migrate the difference in systems.

Kashin
03-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Got to say I'm with Lister on this one. Bought this when it came out and have hardly played for a number of reasons (including the controls).

If it was any good why would they reduce it by 33% in the first couple of weeks after release.

ElfShotTheFood
03-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Did you think this comment was so good it deserved its own thread?

Wolfrip_Sixshot
03-19-2010, 10:02 AM

They want atttention as they don't get much being locked in the basement.

AMC_Duke
03-19-2010, 10:03 AM
yeah every stupid comment deserve a new thread its cooler to open a new thread post in the other 10000 existing threads is lame and unspecial

Mad Max RW
03-19-2010, 10:13 AM
The only control difference between AVP 2010 and 99 is the the Aliens in game walk-walk toggle is missing and autotransition off is not really fully off.

Also there's no crouch, you have to hold down sprint and it only lasts for short periods, movement is like trudging through wet cement, the marine's jump is useless, and the whole thing is designed for a controller.

Wolfrip_Sixshot
03-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Also there's no crouch, you have to hold down sprint and it only lasts for short periods, movement is like trudging through wet cement, the marine's jump is useless, and the whole thing is designed for a controller.

Marine crouch was rarely useful in AVP 99 but it would be nice to have it instead of the walk key. Marine jump was next to useless in AVP 99. Marines should sprint forever when carrying heavy armour and weapons? If you sprint around too much it will get you killed. I don't find movement too slow for Marines and especially not for other species.

Predators movement in the other games was VERY slow. Alien sprint in this game is as fast as it gets out of the 3 titles.

I still do agree that the controls could of been better. Crouch instead of walk and a walkwalk toggle key would resolve a lot of issues. Infinte Sprint though would seem silly to me.

Mad Max RW
03-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Why would it be silly? This is a game where you fight Aliens and Predators with far out weapons that don't even exist. Sick of "realism" being added into games for the sake of it. The only reason it's so slow is to keep the console players happy.

Also, did you ever play AvP1? The Marine jump was a good way to dodge attacks in conjunction with strafing. And as a Pred, if you timed the sidestep and jump you can move as far and fast as an Alien.

Vladplaya
03-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Why would it be silly? This is a game where you fight Aliens and Predators with far out weapons that don't even exist. Sick of "realism" being added into games for the sake of it. The only reason it's so slow is to keep the console players happy.

Wtf are you talking about? This game almost perfect when it comes to balancing realism with all the crazy fiction stuff the franchise got to offer.

Infinite run not only would be silly, it would be just plane ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. As marine you should be focusing on shooting and not running around. Plus what's wrong with the sprint option right now? You can sprint, than sprint again and again, its not that bad.

The only thing that pisses me off really bad is that I can't sprint while reloading, now that's pretty messed up, considering that's like the only time when you really need to haul a*s and you can't do it.

Also, did you ever play AvP1? The Marine jump was a good way to dodge attacks in conjunction with strafing. And as a Pred, if you timed the sidestep and jump you can move as far and fast as an Alien.

Bunny hopping is probably the worst ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ tactics that ever been allowed in FPS games. It's just fking stupid. Period.

I am sorry that you can't bunny hope in AvP3 man, but maybe you should try like, picking a good spot on the map that favors your tactics, and maybe like using right weapons. Also marines can block and push back their opponents, so that gives you last chance if you really in trouble.

My point is that game provides everything you need to enjoy the game without seen bunch of people mindlessly jumping around each other. Or as last resort you might just go try Halo, cuz bunny hopping is way to go there!

Mad Max RW
03-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Kinda hard to enjoy it when NOBODY PLAYS. And Halo is just another console game. Ya see where I'm going here? PC gamers don't like handholding like autolocking melee combat and broken controls.

Vladplaya
03-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Pffs that story with no one playing is getting really old now. I live in SD, and usually have no trouble finding match even in Ranked Matchmaking with whatever setting I want. It might take up to 8 or even 10 minutes, but I still will end up having good times. (And not like I support that system, it s*ck balls, but you get the point)

And personally I always see a good number of dedicated servers with bunch of people playing. Yeah some of them have crappy ping, but still people play the game, and its not like dead dead.

Sgt Jigglebelly
03-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Kinda hard to enjoy it when NOBODY PLAYS

but I got into a species tdm match yesterday!!!

... with 4 people... :(

Mad Max RW
03-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Pffs that story with no one playing is getting really old now. I live in SD, and usually have no trouble finding match even in Ranked Matchmaking with whatever setting I want. It might take up to 8 or even 10 minutes, but I still will end up having good times. (And not like I support that system, it s*ck balls, but you get the point)

And personally I always see a good number of dedicated servers with bunch of people playing. Yeah some of them have crappy ping, but still people play the game, and its not like dead dead.

8-10 minutes to join a game? Sounds pretty dead to me, dude.

Vladplaya
03-19-2010, 12:33 PM

8 to 10 minutes because game wont start unless there would be certain amount of people that is needed per map. So sometimes there are 5 people sitting waiting for couple more people so the game can actually start. The people are there, its just the system that sucks a*s, that's all.

dleslie
03-19-2010, 05:41 PM

It's a concise PSA for those considering the immediate deal; the other threads are buried in bickering.

AFireEternal
03-19-2010, 05:52 PM
It's a concise PSA for those considering the immediate deal; the other threads are buried in bickering.

...And so is this one. Good times.

Cottonbud1
03-19-2010, 05:55 PM

THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE THAT PLAY

I IS SO COOL I CAPITALIZE WORDS LOLOLOLOL