PDA

View Full Version : Two (hopefully) easy DoW II Questions

ksac42
03-19-2010, 03:21 PM
I just starting playing DoW II and I have two basic questions, which I am almost embarrassed to ask:

1) After about 7-8 missions, Tarkus' squad just disappeared. He's no longer in the list of squads I can bring on a mission, don't see him on the right side of my screen, etc. Is this on purpose or am I weirdly bugged? I really liked playing with those guys.

2) I'd had two instances where Avitus got stuck in the terrain. First he got caught in a bunker with his men and couldn't exit and the second time he fell from one building and got caught in another. Is there a way, outside restarting the mission, to un-stick people?

Genosidoh
03-19-2010, 09:14 PM
1 - If you were playing the original campaign, Tarkus leaves temporarily to guard some relics of the chapter, it's brought up at the end of the mission. He comes back later though.

2 - I'm not sure about this one, I've never had anyone get stuck. Maybe someone else can offer insight on this one.

RavN
03-19-2010, 11:31 PM
2) try to kill avitus and revive to unstick?
Have avitus retreat?

Is your game patched up?

ksac42
03-20-2010, 02:23 AM
Is your game patched up?

How can I tell? I just downloaded it from steam 2 days ago.

Versian
03-20-2010, 03:39 PM
I just starting playing DoW II and I have two basic questions, which I am almost embarrassed to ask:

1) After about 7-8 missions, Tarkus' squad just disappeared. He's no longer in the list of squads I can bring on a mission, don't see him on the right side of my screen, etc. Is this on purpose or am I weirdly bugged? I really liked playing with those guys.

2) I'd had two instances where Avitus got stuck in the terrain. First he got caught in a bunker with his men and couldn't exit and the second time he fell from one building and got caught in another. Is there a way, outside restarting the mission, to un-stick people?

1) There is a specific mission after which Tarkus stays on Meridian for a day or two. This is normal.

2) This is pretty odd, bro. Hopefully it won't happen again.

How can I tell? I just downloaded it from steam 2 days ago.

Steam always downloads the most recent version.

thePyro_13
03-20-2010, 07:39 PM

Q1 had already been covered.

For Q2, you could try charging your FC through the terrain he is stuck in, the charge can destroy a lot of terrain and might help you get him out. I've never seen anyone get stuck in terrain like that so I don't know any fool proof way to get him out. just keep trying different things(try and blow him out of the terrain with nades? etc).

Aleatory
03-22-2010, 02:14 AM
I had the issue with avitas getting stuck on some things, i found using any of his gear/special abilities freed him.