PDA

View Full Version : Deciding to buy

Phil_Ayceao
03-19-2010, 07:58 PM
So, should I. The Trailer and description on the store page are intriguing, but I'd rather hear from you guys. Is this game worth dropping 50?

Is the story as engaging as the trailer makes it seem?
Are the controls up to par?
I know it's visually pretty.
and lastly about how many hours should I expect a play through to last?

tehwhale
03-19-2010, 08:03 PM
HELL. ♥♥♥♥ING. YES.

I and everyone I got to buy this game loves the ♥♥♥♥ out of me and the game. Get it.

Yes it is, amazing story.
Controls are fine, like any normal game.
Visuals = Ecstasy
12-18 hours.

BionicAir
03-19-2010, 08:18 PM
its far from perfect..but it is indeed worth the 50$..it has its problems,but find me a game that doesent

12-18 hours is pushing it..its like 8-10hrs..thats stealthing,and exploring every possible place,which doesent take much time to do,this game is VERY linear

TRaK
03-19-2010, 08:19 PM
I thought it was worth it, excellent game all around. However, keep in mind it's rather short (~6.5 hours for me), very linear, and not particularly replayable. Also, it's not especially scary if you're into the horror aspect.

highrise
03-19-2010, 09:20 PM
I got this game to take time off from BFBC2 multi player modes. I wanted bit slow paced SP game and good story with atmosphere.

Almost 10 hours in so far and I think I'm getting to the ending soon. Very satisfied up to now but if money is a concern, I will say wait for little price drop. (providing you have other games to enjoy for now)

I gotta say I'm more engaged into the story than Bioshock2. This is not really a horror shooter but perhaps thriller type. (I like that about this game a lot)

socrfan
03-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Biggest problem is the performance issues many are experiencing (yes I know a lot of you are not having issues and I'm very happy for you) but otherwise a good game.

darkdeus
03-19-2010, 10:24 PM
yea its worth it. I was wondering the same thing but i like i so much i will play it more than once.

pinkBrood
03-20-2010, 01:14 AM
tbh this is the best game i played for a very long time, i really advice you to buy it mate :) i havnt had a single issue with the game, other then not letting me sleep since i cant turn it off, its too awesome :)

RockPaperNinja
03-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Well, I'd say its a maybe- but I know they're coming out with DLC in the future so yes. It lasted me about 9.9 hours, without everywhere searched, but im replaying to get certain achievements and explore some. There's so much detail packed into it that it's a shame they made it so linear. But it's still, in my opinion, the best singleplayer game out there.

lawina
03-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Most of these people are 12 year old kids or Russians. Don't fall for it. Watch the review on IGN.com where the game got a 6.9 - Game is WAY overrated.

InFailityWard
03-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Buy it and enjoy not being able to play it like countless others on the forums.
Do you even pay attention to the majority of topic titles on the first page?