PDA

View Full Version : no Episodes for Steam ?

polosistealth
03-20-2010, 02:06 AM
why there is no pre purchase on steam yet ? :eek:

NaD1
03-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Because it was delayed.

SheD
03-22-2010, 05:56 AM
And im guessing it will be GFWL exclusive as there is no DLC tab for gta4:mad:

dinky2012
03-22-2010, 06:26 AM
And im guessing it will be GFWL exclusive as there is no DLC tab for gta4:mad:

actually, the original 2 episodes on the own are DLC. but Episodes From Liberty City isn't DLC. it's a standalone expansion. you don't need the original game at all to play. so i think that at some point it may come to Steam. maybe not on the release date or even near it, but at some point.

tragikos
03-22-2010, 08:49 AM
it's a standalone expansion. you don't need the original game at all to play.
Link please?

Bercon
03-22-2010, 09:05 AM
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/grand-theft-auto-episodes-from-liberty-city/

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City delivers two games based on the world of Liberty City. Both games -- The Lost & Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony -- offer expansive, story-based experiences inside this wild and dangerous city. The package does not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV to play.

MaximusPM
03-22-2010, 03:59 PM
I hope they release the 'Episode from Liberty City' pack on Steam sometime... If I'm not mistaken, GTA4 took some time to pop up in steam, so maybe we'll have to wait a bit... If it's not released on Steam, I'm NOT(as in NEVER) buying this game through GFWL. GFWL suck balls... Local retailers don't seem to sell GTA4PC around here, so I hope we get a Steamed version soon...

tragikos
03-26-2010, 07:45 AM
If they don't require the original, then they will be like 10gigs? :O

Austin007
03-28-2010, 12:14 PM
If they don't require the original, then they will be like 10gigs? :O
Ya I'm wondering that too, maybe each is a dual layer dvd. Hope it's posted on Steam on the release date, I don't wanna wait any longer than I have to.

Cammalerie
03-28-2010, 07:35 PM
the dlc on GFWL are going to be around 4 - 6gig total ( 2-3gig'ish each)

Obviously the retail pack is going to be a lot more since you dont have to own the original gtaiv to play with it

Austin007
03-28-2010, 09:22 PM
I really don't believe there will be two version of it Cammalerie, I think it's just a standalone game, same size for everyone, unless I've missed something.

I put off buying Saints Row 2 for this game, I hope it's good.
The waiting is the hardest part. - Tom Petty.

MomentDEFINED
03-28-2010, 10:22 PM
if it came to steam as a separate package, it would still include GFWL. So, if you're waiting for the Episodes to come to Steam, they are going to have GFWL regardless, and you should probably just get it on there if you already own GTAIV through Steam.

stonefish
03-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Yeah, because mixing and matching distribution systems is the best plan.

Cammalerie
03-29-2010, 08:50 AM
I really don't believe there will be two version of it Cammalerie, I think it's just a standalone game, same size for everyone, unless I've missed something.

so if someone already has GTAIV and wanted to buy one of the 2 dlc on GFWL market, you think they'd have to download another 10 - 12 gig?

gijas04
03-29-2010, 04:51 PM
I was wondering if the delay only effects the Liberty City Episodes and not the single DLC? I saw on GS a release of "The Lost and Damned" in US for the 30th?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/grandtheftautoivthelostanddamned/index.html

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-US/community/newsarticles/pages/gtaivdlccomingsoon.aspx