PDA

View Full Version : Which should i get?

smitysmit
03-20-2010, 05:27 AM
i have just played the napoleon demo and im wondering which to get empire or napoleon as empire has better metascore, but its more expansive and older.

thewizard1566
03-20-2010, 10:18 AM
There is more in Empire. However that said, Empire is also still to my knowledge quite unstable for many people. Napoleon on the other hand, has a much smaller grand campaign, but is more stable. While the turn count in both games is about the same, it feels like less in Napoleon because there are only a few years in which you can do things. The feel of the Napoleon is enhanced by taking longer to train units and taking longer to repair or replenish, but this is because of the more turns within a year. It is lacking in that major historic figures such as Napoleon or Horatio Nelson can not be killed in the grand campaign but are sent off to heal from wounds. While I understand this is an attempt to preserve history a bit, I think the developers went a little too far here.

The decision is yours, and everything I have posted above are my opinions. Take them as they are, and hopefully other users will share their opinions.