PDA

View Full Version : Spell Force 2 launch issues.

ThatAsianGuy
03-20-2010, 01:44 PM
I'll keep this post short:
I bought this game when it was on its crazy sale a while ago, installed and played fine. I tried to play it yesterday, wouldn't launch. Steam would say it was launching, and a friend of mine said I kept going in game, but the game never launched. No errors, no popups, nothing. Tried reinstalling and it still doesn't work. Help please? D:

Love,
That Asian Guy

Megalomaniac
03-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Try launching the spellforce2.exe from the "Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\spellforce 2" directory.

ThatAsianGuy
03-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Just tried it and the same exact thing happened. Thank you for the help though
/sadface

Megalomaniac
03-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Well, thats indeed strange and must be related to your system. Could you please contact our support at support@jowood.com?

ThatAsianGuy
03-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Well, thats indeed strange and must be related to your system. Could you please contact our support at support@jowood.com?

Oh it was. No idea what was wrong, but nothing a fresh copy of windows XP can't fix, eh? :D

pager760yo
07-18-2010, 07:36 PM
my game wont launch either. same problem, no errors just wont launch.

pager760yo
07-18-2010, 11:39 PM
what i did before the launch failure was i turned off the cd key notification. not thru the game but thru steam..

Mad-One
07-30-2010, 02:30 PM
I'll keep this post short:
I bought this game when it was on its crazy sale a while ago, installed and played fine. I tried to play it yesterday, wouldn't launch. Steam would say it was launching, and a friend of mine said I kept going in game, but the game never launched. No errors, no popups, nothing. Tried reinstalling and it still doesn't work. Help please? D:

Same here ... when watching processes it appears as a process for a few seconds then closes no errors are appearing in event viewer related to this either. Firewall/av are set to ignore the program entirely and neither of them are closing it.

Mad

Mad-One
10-06-2010, 04:21 PM
since i still have had no response from the support email other then to send me a FAQ months ago which interestingly enough had NOTHING resembling this problem in it when i originally emailed them about this problem. It looks like time for another mass boycott of a game studio.

ThaProphet
11-10-2010, 09:31 PM
I have had the same exact problem, and no solution still... why!? I have barely played this game... I just bought a new computer first install... and wam... no play... the little box saying initializing pops up... goes away... and huge anti climax insues...

Megalomaniac
11-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Hi guys,

Please send me a dxdiag.txt of your PC and also a compressed version of your My Documents\SpellForce2 folder if it exists.

ThaProphet
11-17-2010, 08:01 PM
where/how do u want me to send this?

Nordoyle
11-18-2010, 12:44 PM
I had the same problem a few hours ago backed up the My Documents\SpellForce2 folder and the game started up just fine.