PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Glitch - Tiley Surfaces

Mr. Dex
03-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Basically the graphics for the first Half-Life games and the expansions (OP and BS) are being screwy.

The walls and floors have square grids all over them as if the graphics have been toned down (even for Half Life).

Here's a screenshot (http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8061/halflifem.png) of what I mean.

gorpie
03-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Have you verified the game cache files in your Steam games list?

What graphics settings are you using?

And what are your system specs (especially OS, graphics card)?

Mr. Dex
03-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Have you verified the game cache files in your Steam games list?

What graphics settings are you using?

And what are your system specs (especially OS, graphics card)?

Yeah, everything is where it should be.

And lol my laptop is well above capable of running Half-Life (honestly, whose isn't?)

The issue has seemed to have subsided now since getting off the tram and entering the actual facility, must have been a ♥♥♥♥-up of some kind.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Zekiran
03-21-2010, 09:24 AM
Generally when we ask for system specs, we mean it so that if there's a conflict that someone knows about, it can be solved. Your screenshot looks like your drivers are out of date and need to be updated. Have you tried updating your video drivers?

gorpie
03-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah, everything is where it should be.

And lol my laptop is well above capable of running Half-Life (honestly, whose isn't?)

The issue has seemed to have subsided now since getting off the tram and entering the actual facility, must have been a ♥♥♥♥-up of some kind.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Glad it got fixed.

I asked for system specs because that can affect things. Some people with Win7 need to run HL in Win98 compatibility mode. Some integrated graphics cards have issues. Some people actually have run out of disk space because someone in their family DLs lots of music or whatever (which wouldn't have been the case here). Et cetera.

darkrai88
03-21-2010, 11:20 PM

Agreed. My neighbor runs it at a decent FPS on a netbook with a screen smaller than two cans of coke.

Stu-Pidaso
03-22-2010, 02:43 PM
I know exactly what that was. That is a custom wad file. wad files contain the graphical textures used in the game. I have seen that particular wad file before. Go into your HL folder and look for a halflife.wad file and delete it. The game will then use the default one that is in the .gcf file.

Mr. Dex
03-26-2010, 12:47 AM
I know exactly what that was. That is a custom wad file. wad files contain the graphical textures used in the game. I have seen that particular wad file before. Go into your HL folder and look for a halflife.wad file and delete it. The game will then use the default one that is in the .gcf file.

Yeah it started happening again and now it's fixed ala your method.

Thank you very much :D!

ThatoneJeff
04-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Your all wrong... 4 Words: Black Mesa Tile Day