PDA

View Full Version : Planet / Spherical shaped level terrain !

helio-g
03-21-2010, 06:29 PM
This game would be so kick A$$ if instead of having squared shape territories (that fall off into oblivion on the edge) it would have a Spherical or Planet shaped land.

Im not talking about Full scale planets but something the same size as the square miles in the current square terrain. kinda like the Spore planets.

And instead of a table when u zoom out u can have Outer Space with stars and stuff. Unless you really want to keep the table and room stuff, then u can just have a hologram in the middle of the room projecting the planet.

I would 100% buy this game if it had spherical land! Im sick of squared, circled, rectangle, etc land...

thePyro_13
03-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Its set in WW2. Why would it be its own tiny planet? The zoomed out table is indicative of a WW2 war room. Its all part of the games theme.

Its set in WW2. Why would their be holograms. That is completely out of theme for the game.

Stinger911
03-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Yeah, what thePyro_13 said. It's supposed to simulate being a commander in a war room. Letting you zoom to outer space would break immersion and wouldn't even aid in gameplay since it's all taking place on earth, and you can only manage battles taking place across one land mass adequately, anyway.

PenPen
03-22-2010, 03:52 AM
I would 100% buy this game if it had spherical land! Im sick of squared, circled, rectangle, etc land...

That says allot about you.

I bet your one of those people who look at the graphics of a game, instead of its game play value.

hoshizora
03-22-2010, 09:49 AM
i'm sorry.. this just makes no sense whatsoever to me..

you want each little battle to take place on some 5km diameter rock in space?

helio-g
03-22-2010, 10:34 AM
wow im getting blasted. Okay so not for this game, but for another game they might make after this one, that is set in present time with modern military vehicles. I really like the sound in this game as well as the new ruse feature it has, and yes the graphics are awesome as well. For me personally its half and half, graphics and game play are essential. Cant have one w/o the other.

hoshizora
03-22-2010, 10:52 AM
I remember supreme commander was like that.. if you zoomed out from the battlefield you went all the way up into space, and then rotate the planet a little and zoom all the way back in :)
it was pretty cool, but it's definitely better for something on a different scale to RUSE.