PDA

View Full Version : So when's the "Complete Pack" coming out?

Edward To
03-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Now that there's three STALKER games on Steam, I'm really hoping they'll get around to releasing that inevitable "Complete Pack".

I've played Shadow of Chernobyl when it was first released in retail form, and would love to have it on Steam. I have not yet touched Clear Sky or Call of Pripyat at all, but am definitely looking forward to it.

Just wondering, when do you think the Complete Pack will be released? How long after the release of the third game in a series do they usually come along?

Rogersdead
03-22-2010, 04:12 AM
Highly unlikey to ever happen. Reason is simple. All the games have different publishers. THQ for SoC, Deep Silver for CS and bitcomposer games for CoP.

Suomis
03-22-2010, 04:18 AM
Its clear sky btw, not clear skies. Just sayin...

velvetmeds
03-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Highly unlikey to ever happen. Reason is simple. All the games have different publishers. THQ for SoC, Deep Silver for CS and bitcomposer games for CoP.

^yeah, can't see how that could be worked out. they're all cheap anyway...buying all 3 is cheaper than a newly released "full" game

Edward To
03-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Now that you point that out, I guess I'll just wait for the next sale.

velvetmeds
03-22-2010, 12:40 PM
btw i wonder why the different publishers? insufficient sales led to the publisher not wanting to keep the franchise?

Dragunovhun
03-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Quite the contrary. THQ were pushing GSC for progress and they ended up having to cut like half the game (SoC) to get it out the door. No idea what happened with deep silver, maybe bitcomposer just offered them a better contract...

Bad_Motha
03-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Why would a complete pack of sorts even be needed?
They're cheap enough as is on Steam (or elsewhere).
And installing them via Steam for example, and then doing a single update gets your installed Stalker games updated with the latest released patch version.

What else do you need?

Edward To
03-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Why would a complete pack of sorts even be needed?
They're cheap enough as is on Steam (or elsewhere).
And installing them via Steam for example, and then doing a single update gets your installed Stalker games updated with the latest released patch version.

What else do you need?

Because it's convenient.

Bad_Motha
03-23-2010, 10:58 PM
GSC offers a double pack with SOC and CS, but that is only in Russian.
Perhaps once COP is old news, say around Fall/Winter 2010, we might see a 3 pack.