PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen of DEATH

dirtstain93
03-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Last night I had installed the R.U.S.E. Beta because I had heard so many great things about the game. After installing, I went to launch the game and DirectX began to install. I thought nothing about, no big deal. Soon after I launched the beta and went to adjust my video settings for max performance. At that moment, BLUE SCREEN. I nearly cried. I didn't know what had happened, I freaked out. I let it run it's course, and restarted my computer. Sitting at the desktop screen soon after rebooting, blue screen once again. System Restore was my only option. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if it was possibly a corrupted DirectX file, or rather just a glitch in the video settings of R.U.S.E.? I didn't get a chance to record the error of the Blue Screen, but as soon as I find the log, I will report what error I was experiencing. All I know is, after System Restore back before the game was installed, my computer runs fine. Any ideas?

Kilzet
03-22-2010, 01:08 PM
You sir, just got owned.

Sorry, just kidding. :P
But I don't really know what to do, perhaps update video card? I have no idea mate. Maybe disallow it to mess with your settings? Dunno, I advise you to wait until the technology dudes come to help you. :)

LordCurlyFry
03-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Update video drivers, you can get them by googling the name of your video card and the word drivers.

If that doesn't work, reinstall the beta, and work with the settings it gives you.

If you can get the BSOD again and tell us what the message was, it'd be a lot easier

dirtstain93
03-22-2010, 08:07 PM
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043c from line 45 of d:\longhorn\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsyst emobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

this is one, and:

Failed to create restore point on volume (Process = c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\r.u.s.e. beta\Support\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe files\steam\steamapps\common\r.u.s.e. beta\Support\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe" /silent; Descripton = xv; Hr = 0x80070057).

Sh00TeR
03-23-2010, 05:34 PM
holy ♥♥♥♥

I'm scared I lost 1 of my 3 computers due to blue screen

The gameplay is fun for 1 map but that bad thing about this game is it crashes and freezes online and other things plus the horibal lag online fix those problemes and I just might get the game, till then I just wait

asdfzxc920
03-23-2010, 06:17 PM
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043c from line 45 of d:\longhorn\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsyst emobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

this is one, and:

Failed to create restore point on volume (Process = c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\r.u.s.e. beta\Support\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe files\steam\steamapps\common\r.u.s.e. beta\Support\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe" /silent; Descripton = xv; Hr = 0x80070057).
wait
d:\longhorn\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsyst emobj.cppUnfortunate anti-spam is unfortunate

But seriously, random BSOD these days is usually caused by bad video drivers. Update your video card drivers, then re-install the latest DirectX for good measure.

dirtstain93
03-25-2010, 08:12 AM
Well the thing is, I am using integrated graphics so I doubt there are many video drivers out there for onboard video. I do have a video card (7600gt) that's just dead. So it's kind of just sitting in the tower... dead. It doesn't cause any trouble, and I am way too lazy to take it out. I kinda sorta think that that could cause a BSOD, but it doesn't register as ever being installed, so it's dead weight.

EDIT: the longhorn issue, is just affecting my restore points, so don't worry that didn't cause the issue. I had that fixed immediately after finding it. It's been removed, and I don't believe it's the issue.

Evil Jon
03-25-2010, 12:29 PM
You try to play games with integrated graphics? Spend a few bucks and get a half decent card.

teH_angRy_nIgHt
03-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Ignore Evil Jon. He's Evil.

Anyway of course an integrated would have drivers, I updated the 'ol watchcallit 64mb intel thingy's drivers plenty of times. Just find who made it, go to your computer manufacturer's or mobo manufacturer's site, and look for support, downloads, whathave they.. unless it's really that old and the company has dropped off the face of the earth..

I'm guessing here, you got a prefab, probably with Intel Inside!