PDA

View Full Version : Toki Tori will not run

JonJonWhatsGood
03-22-2010, 04:53 PM
I bought this game for my sister to play and im not to sure what the problem is it cannot be a hardware problem because i have an Amd Athlon BE-2400(dualcore) with a 2600pro so there shouldnt be an issue where i cannot run it, however i updated the game and whenever i run it from steam, the start menu, or the desktop, the popup comes up and says preparing to launch and then nothing happens ive looked everywhere for someone with a similar problem and have not yet came across one if anybody can help it would be much appreciated

Thank you.

Centy
03-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Right click on the game in steam and verify the contents of the download then restart your computer. That system should be able to run it so I suspect it might just be something simple. Let me know if it works or not.

JonJonWhatsGood
03-22-2010, 06:20 PM
When I right clicked and went to properties then the Local files tab Did you want me to Verify integrity of game cache because i did and restarted theres still a problem

Dieuw_twotribes
03-23-2010, 03:58 AM
Hi JonJon,

Have you tried updating your drivers? If you haven't, you can take a look at the steam support page for driver updates (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6416-EYDH-0477).

You could also try and install Microsoft DirectX and Microsoft Visual C++. These are at the bottom of the page under Other Important Drivers (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6416-EYDH-0477#other).

Minago
03-23-2010, 07:49 AM
I bought this game for my sister to play and im not to sure what the problem is it cannot be a hardware problem because i have an Amd Athlon BE-2400(dualcore) with a 2600pro so there shouldnt be an issue where i cannot run it, however i updated the game and whenever i run it from steam, the start menu, or the desktop, the popup comes up and says preparing to launch and then nothing happens ive looked everywhere for someone with a similar problem and have not yet came across one if anybody can help it would be much appreciated

Thank you.

windows firewall maybe blocking the game .

hit start/settings/control panel/security center/windows firewall/allow program threw windows firewall.

or try creating a icon to the desktop right click run as administrator.

JonJonWhatsGood
03-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Thank you for the responses.
I have updated the Drivers and software and this did not fix the problem
I also ran as administrator from the administrator account on windows
If it helps i have Windows XP professional sp2 32bit if this helps

Dieuw_twotribes
03-24-2010, 07:29 AM
This might be more of a steam related problem. So you'll have to contact steam support (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1223-QROC-4460) about this issue.

JonJonWhatsGood
03-30-2010, 02:39 PM
alright i got it to work it was missing d3dx9_41.dll because i ran it through the program files folder i downloaded the dll and copied it to the folder and now it works
Thanks guys