PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for fragmatch + add your own

EliteTemptation
03-23-2010, 12:47 PM
here are some suggestions i have

1) add a leaderboard for total kills/deaths, most kills with each weapon, and kills per map

2) fix for registry/hit detection - the double barrel shotgun in specific, is not hitting targets when your directly aiming at them, along with other weapons... play the original second encounter, go online and use the double barrel or any other gun, and see the difference with the hit registration

3) chat at end of game, as soon as someone wins a match, or the timelimit is reached, it shows all the players names and lets you know the next couple of seconds until the next map starts, but your unable to type to someone while this happens, enable it so we can type gg and etc

4) allow more options when starting a server, such as not having people spawn with 50 armor, if gibs are enabled or disabled, a map rotation that can be specified (not sure if you can do that with dedicated servers, probably, but i host listen servers)

anyway, just a few suggestions, you can add your own and state whether you agree with any of these

alenl
03-24-2010, 01:31 AM
IIRC, you can set the map rotation for listen servers using the same cvars as with dedserver (check dedserver's readme). Note I think there is a bug that prevents you using the map list from file, but setting it directly should work.

Also, gibs can be disabled per-client at player's preference.

Leaderboards and end-match chatting and similar are on our wish list too. :)

ChrisW
03-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Yes, my dedicated server is running a custom map rotation. The prj_strMapListFile method does not work but prj_strMapList works fine.

MADDOGGE
03-24-2010, 11:22 AM
IIRC, you can set the map rotation for listen servers using the same cvars as with dedserver (check dedserver's readme). Note I think there is a bug that prevents you using the map list from file, but setting it directly should work.

Also, gibs can be disabled per-client at player's preference.

Leaderboards and end-match chatting and similar are on our wish list too. :)You guys couldn't take over fixing AvP2010 also could you?:rolleyes: In your spare time? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? Just joking guys but so much love and attention is shown by Croteam on SS:FE HD. Too bad others don't feel the same about their games. Played my first DM yesterday after a month hiatus from SS and had a blast. LOL I died a lot!

Illyria
03-24-2010, 03:26 PM
1a) Free camera when you get killed.

1b) Auto respawn time after you got killed is too short, it's bad if you wanna take little break without getting killer over and over again.

2) I did record two demos of deathmatch today, they both got cut short. Does others have this problem?

3)New voices ain't that good lol

4)Player made chat should be in different color, hard notice it.

5) F11 (screenshot) key not work after map is finished and scores are shown, fix it. Also to see every 16 players without scroller would be nice.

alenl
03-25-2010, 02:08 AM
#1b - The point is - if you joined, play to the end of round. (it's usually 10 minutes or so). If you want to take a break, spectate, don't join. Once you join, you are a free game to kill. :)
#2 - We are still trying to get reliable repro on this to fix it.
#5 - F11 is fixed, to show more players use a higher resolution or use men_fScaleOverride to customize menu scaling.

Others are on our wishlist, but no guarantees on the timeline.

EEs
03-25-2010, 07:57 AM
what happen with scorematch?

anyway the only things that is buggering me is the hit detection and that there is almost no servers with players. I found one full 6 player server and one with 3k ping.

total enigma
03-25-2010, 04:15 PM
sup there, first of all i would like to say that i played sam FE and SE for years but this one just beats them :P
but like all games they have bugs or things that could be changed to better.
1 fix hit detection, its just bad ; /
2 single shotty and double shotty should reload 25% faster on Coop,single player and DM
3 rockets should fly 15% faster (if shotty will be changed then rockets have to as well,otherwise shotty will be overpowered just like in old sam)
4 add map editor with ability to auto DL player made maps (if u add this i think ppl will love you for it :P ) mapeditor should be quite easy to handle!!
5 make grenades explode on walls ( just like in old Sam )

thouse are the things that i would likk to see ^^

_Politician_
03-26-2010, 04:33 PM
[REGARDING THE PREVIOUS SUGGESTIONS]:

1) add a leaderboard for total kills/deaths, most kills with each weapon, and kills per map

I think they neither need to nor should add OFFICIAL leaderboards (yet).

Don't need to because an extern program can retrieve the information required for simple leaderboards (including all the stuff you mentioned) from the server log file. 'Angelo' has already created a stats system for SSHD that works this way. Here's the corresponding thread (http://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?60087-The-Serious-Ranker-HD-%28Deathmatch-

leaderboards%29).

They shouldn't as long as the ping is as important as it is now. However I wouldn't mind it if the stats couldn't get worse. This would be the case if they didn't report stuff like

suicides/deaths. Then again I highly doubt that stats kept more players playing than the current lag situation puts off.

I fully agree with your other suggestions, though.

[OWN SUGGESTIONS]:

1.The 'netcode'. Other people have already complained about this. This is by far my biggest concern. Also, this is not a problem of this particular game but of the engine. That means you will need to fix it for SEHD, or SS3 anyway.

The projectiles being unpredicted is not _that_ of a big issue, you need to predict those anyway. Using bullet/sludge weapons however is a real pain in the a55 if your ping is >20. The combination of predicted hits but unpredicted player positions is just... Wtf??

I suggest adding rudimentary prediction of enemy player movement. Considering only collision with static objects. It would still be 100 times better than status quo.

OR AT THE VERY LEAST

Make the bullets->blood spilling unpredicted. Currently it gives you the false impression that you are constantly hitting but yet the enemy wouldn't die.

2. You don't jump higher when running up a slope. Essential jumps are no longer possible because of this. While in SS1 the jump speed was added to the current upward speed, it seems like the upward speed is set to the jump speed in SSHD. Please change it.

^These are the suggestions most important to me.

3. Please make grenades/rockets destroyable by bullets/other projectiles. Now that I'm talking about this.. maybe this time make rockets a little immune to the damage inflicted by rocket explosions :).
4. Allow disabling of smooth zoomout after obstacles have 'forced' the 3rd person view camera to get closer to the player. I want it to immediately zoom out to the max.
5. If you go from one plane onto another one and the angle between the planes is <X you will not float in the air due to the inertia of the player but instead stick to the ground. Maybe this is related to 2. ? It was different in SS1 (though I have to admit that it was annoying sometimes)
6. Camera and player model not synchronized all through a jump. At some point (after the peak?) the gap between the crosshair and the head gets bigger. From the jumping player's 3rd person POV it looks like the jump isn't in the form of a smooth parabola anyway.
7. Allow us to change the distance between player and cam in 3rd person to what it used to be in FE1 or SE1.
8. Some time after jumping off a bouncer you will suddenly get an extra boost. Why is that ? It is annoying.
9. When changing views it would at first change it immediately just to switch back a split second later. Then after (ping/1000) seconds it will eventually change the view. Predict it or don't predict it, but please not both, the flickering is annoying.

total enigma
03-27-2010, 10:07 AM
lol get lost with your idea no3
this will just make weapons like shotty overpowered just like in old sam,every single noob could easy shoot down your rocket ; /
however if by some reason they will add it then the fire/reload speed should stay same (slow)
the rest of your suggestions are fine :P

Illyria
03-29-2010, 05:06 PM
1. More room for server name in serverlist. I'd like to write more stuff in there.
2. There is often strange&annoying lags when observing. Fix?

Guestions:

Server message (rcts_strWelcomeNote): not work? Or it's not like in original, you see it when you enter the server? How does it work?

Rules: can I modify that? I wan't add server rules & info.

alenl
03-29-2010, 05:17 PM
That welcome note is printed when you connect via rcon telnet. It is useful for dedserver operators to know which instance they have connected to.

Illyria
03-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Ok.

There is some bug in Little Trouble with big health&armor? At least I many times have saw them when they really ain't there. I've tried pick them up multiple times when that happen, but no success. It's not the server either, ping is like 60. I've seen same when I'm in observer mode. Dunno if it's just my problem.

alenl
03-29-2010, 06:23 PM
We have a bug outstanding that in DM if an item is in state of "picked and waiting to respawn" at the time you connect, you will see it as if it is available but cannot pick it until it really respawns. This should be fixed at a later time.