PDA

View Full Version : Prestige or not?

Anonymao
03-23-2010, 12:52 PM
So while Steam is down, I'm going to take this chance to ask the community an important question.
Should I prestige?
I've been 70 for a week or so, and haven't been playin much lately, but I've been playin today and I think that maybe I might as well. I don't really wanna have to start over from the beginning, but I would like a reason to play other than shooting people in the face.
Yay or nay?

NotGettinMyFlag
03-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Anyone who doesn't prestige is a wimp, keeping a 70 with no prestige just shows you cannot play without the higher unlocks.

UrbsTheWord
03-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Anyone who doesn't prestige is a wimp, keeping a 70 with no prestige just shows you cannot play without the higher unlocks.

It's up to you, doesn't really make a difference. All you get is a few more titles and emblems. Also, you have to go through all the guns again which can get tiring after the 7th or 8th time.

giggityjeeper
03-23-2010, 12:57 PM

well he is being kinda of a ♥♥♥♥, so I will give my 2 cents...

YES, why? cause if you dont you wont get ALOT of unlocks and challenges, all you prestige 2500 kill emblems and call signs will never show up...

There are alot of prestige challenges you wont be able to get....and even tho your getting kills now all the kills you get BEFORE you prestige DO NOT go towards your prestige kills SO you HAVE TO prestige and then start counting your kills...

just do it, you will find lots of new guns and tactics that you never usedbefore and have more fun... I did anyhow, on my forth now

SeanScotland
03-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Every time I click the prestige button, I have a feeling of regret that seems to go away when my level gets back into double digits.. probably the same for a few people.

Slaughter
03-23-2010, 01:02 PM
So while Steam is down, I'm going to take this chance to ask the community an important question.
Should I prestige?
I've been 70 for a week or so, and haven't been playin much lately, but I've been playin today and I think that maybe I might as well. I don't really wanna have to start over from the beginning, but I would like a reason to play other than shooting people in the face.
Yay or nay?

Why not
Its part of the game
There's those who do and those who won't
Most who won't are cheats and don't want to lose their favorite gun

Anonymao
03-23-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm fully aware of the extra slot, plus the emblems and titles you get, which is the only reason you would even think about it. But there aren't any new guns or items or anything other than cosmetics. And even then, you lose all your earned weapons and (I assume) camo.
I'm just personally torn about it, and I'm debating whether or not to go through it all again, just for the sake of getting the feeling of progressing.
You're just helping me make my decision, since these ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ forums won't let you make a poll. Which I find a little strange, though I know how annoying they can be.

NotGettinMyFlag
03-23-2010, 01:07 PM
well he is being kinda of a ♥♥♥♥, so I will give my 2 cents...

Just giving an opinion, just didnt see a need to sugar coat it. Sorry if you were offended

giggityjeeper
03-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Just giving an opinion, just didnt see a need to sugar coat it. Sorry if you were offended

I was not offenede, Im in sales you cant offend me, gots thick skin...

No you dont get any NEW weapons, but look thru your guns and see how ,many you have not used already, I NEVER ued machine pistols my first time thru, and after reading I started using them after prestige same with LMG, used rarely, after prestige used them lots, and carried on maxing out my 2500 kills on the guns I liked..

other thing I found is I had all my 2500 kills all my attachemnts done and still did not have all my HS done, so I prestiged again to get the 1000 kills and attachements again, and hopefully by the tiem I get that I will get my HS ..

for me I get bored of a gun after all its attachemtns are unlocked, I like getting new things I guess. even the AK as good as it is got boring after I unlocked all it attachemtns..

of note my quickest 1000 kills and 2500 kill guns were the AK and ACR...great guns

Abzoloot
03-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Yes, Prestige. ASAP. The first run through the game doesn't count toward your headshots or kill counts, and the next 10 do count.

Extra Class slots and challenges are worth it, but the challenge of starting over really does add to the replay of this game.

If you're on the fence, just keep going, but when you get bored and do prestige, you'll wish that you had done it earlier.

If you want to stay 70 forever, stay 1st Prestige 70.

cuteL
03-23-2010, 02:33 PM
If you want to stay 70 forever, stay 1st Prestige 70.
Prestige just once,so u can get prestige challanges, , theres no point to go on, only thing u can get is few level titles.
/imo

Arbitrary
03-23-2010, 03:38 PM

Nope. Can't do it. I don't care about the "higher unlocks" but there is no way, absolutely no way, I'm going from level one to level thirty again without Stingers.

It isn't like anyone else on my team is going to take down the enemy air support.

TempleofStaley
03-23-2010, 03:44 PM
I would say do it at least once.

giggityjeeper
03-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Nope. Can't do it. I don't care about the "higher unlocks" but there is no way, absolutely no way, I'm going from level one to level thirty again without Stingers.

It isn't like anyone else on my team is going to take down the enemy air support.

really you would be amazed, I prestiges sunday morning again and by sunday afternoon I was 24, and I dont play non stop, maybe took 3 hours of playing...just go for challenges and dont worry so much about personal kills...I get over 10-15k exp a round playing HC HQ..finish a couple of big challenges and get over 30-40k per round

V.A.C.uum
03-23-2010, 03:54 PM
ive prestiged 5 times and right now im just focussing on finishing some challenges before going again, such as multi C-4, claymore, and frag.

but everone should prestige at least once so they can unlock cooler titles n emblems..a title for example...MY LIL PONY!!!!!!!!

My lil pwny's pink n shiny and hes gonna fack you in tha hiney

Abzoloot
03-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Rank 1-31 are fun, and always impress me with how well you can do without being able to use ninja, cold blood, claymores, attachments etc.

But, yeah, the game really starts anew at rank 31, with cold blood, claymores, ninja, all that I want. The only unlocks that I really like past that are raffica at 38 and M16 at 40, but FAMAS or a SPAS do a pretty damned good job, too.

If you're still happily playing with your 5 classes and aren't bored with your comfort zone, don't prestige, but you will in time want more, and it's a good option to have.

Smudged_one
03-23-2010, 04:40 PM
In my eyes not prestiging is not getting the full use out of the game. I mean why just stop so close to the beginning. It would be like buying a Playboy and just looking at the pictures... well bad analogy..

hmm but yes its worth prestiging

Kiarash
03-23-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't care about levels, when I got to level 70, I'm gonna keep it.

nights fire
03-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Prestige once, then don't focus on it, its easy to become caught in tireless levelling which isn't fun. YOu need to make sure the game stays fun while you play. Not prestiging though tends to grow boring quickly as you'll want all the prestige titles to keep the game fresh.

giggityjeeper
03-23-2010, 05:24 PM
I had to not unlocking anymore makes the game to boring, nothing to shoot for, at least this way I can keep ranking my guns till they ar maxed and go form some of the harder challenges.

really the default clases have decent guns the UMP, FAMAS witha tube...cold blooded on the sniper kit, I hate sniper so I usethe secondary on this one but what Isaying is you HAVE coldblooded and ninja and good guns on the default classes

the worst part about prstige is you have to hit ok ok ok like 3 times, most ppl can talk themselves out of it by the time you hit the third ok...I did the first time....lol

Anonymao
03-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Well if anyone's interested, I did end up going with the prestige.
Played a little while (till my NAT suddenly went strict....) and was still having a good time ♥♥♥♥♥ing at not having anything while I played. It's a good pain. Hahaha

CellBlock1138
03-24-2010, 11:13 AM

This x1000! I'm on my 7th prestige now and the WORST part about it is level 1 to 30. NOBODY else shoots down air support so I usually won't prestige until I know I've got a solid few hours to drive through level 30 and get my stinger back.

Buster Caps
03-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Depends on what kind of player you are. In the original MW I prestiged all the way to my gold bar. Guess what happed after that? I never played again. I need that carrot on a stick, once I eat the carrot, I move onto the next one :)

Abzoloot
03-24-2010, 11:39 AM
This x1000! I'm on my 7th prestige now and the WORST part about it is level 1 to 30. NOBODY else shoots down air support so I usually won't prestige until I know I've got a solid few hours to drive through level 30 and get my stinger back.

Overwatch loadout can drop air support still, and even though it doesn't have cold blooded, the L86 LSW it comes with will drop a pavelow in 1 magazine, and the AT4 is there for backup.

The default loadouts aren't necessarily what anyone would make for themselves, but they offer a very well-rounded selection of classes and perk combinations.

spidyp777
03-24-2010, 02:28 PM
my adivise: play the crap out of the ak-47 whic you unlock at lvl70 and after you are bored of it then go for prestige

Mak Solo
03-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Prestige is there for one reason and one reason only. To keep the game from getting boring as you don't unlock ♥♥♥♥ anymore.

I'm on my fourth prestige, and I will tell you on your second prestige you will start looking at your challenges and paying attention to them, as you complete weapons and perk challenges you will find that you will rank up much more quickly, getting 300+ Kills per gun isn't that hard and thats 10k per challenge completion.

My 2nd and 3rd Level prestige went by VERY quickly because of completing challenges and playing alot of Demolition (w/ Time Extensions of course)

So if you really enjoy this game, then enter prestige it will give you something to do, and you wont get bored. But if this game is just a time killer before you have something to do then by all means just keep your shet.

The reason I'm prestiging is for all the custom class slots, and for the weapon emblems/titles.

Abzoloot
03-24-2010, 03:01 PM
my adivise: play the crap out of the ak-47 whic you unlock at lvl70 and after you are bored of it then go for prestige

Do this after your first Prestige, or none of the kills or headshots count.

FullM3taljack3T
03-24-2010, 03:08 PM
prestige man or you will regret it later.i have a couple of friends who made it to 4,5 and stopped.but they got bored fast.my advice is to do it or you will regret.

Nelsonator63
03-24-2010, 03:09 PM

really? to me it shows Im not going to play this game for 3000 hours. Im quite happy getting lvl 70 then moving on to a different game...Im sure you've all heard of it. BC2 :P
Nah, I wont be prestiging. I cant see myself playing long enough.

El Vultu
03-24-2010, 03:17 PM
You should prestige, think of the newbies who just got the game. Think of them!

Jessica81
03-24-2010, 04:02 PM
http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html

Rottimer
03-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Prestiging will make you a better player. The first time you get to 70, if this is your first fps, you're really still feeling your way. Once you prestige, you're forced to use weapons you haven't touched, and now that you know the difference between good play and bad play, you learn to become proficient with those weapons.

Prestiging will make you a better player.

Cityhunter0505
03-24-2010, 06:55 PM
I had no intention of Prestiging at first, but after reaching Lv70, I suddenly felt bored, and as if I weren't advancing anymore. Being more of an MMO/RPG person, all of my EXP were being wasted, so I Prestiged once.

I stopped once I reached Lv70 on the first Prestige, and started completing all weapon challenges. This, imo, will make people better players. You can Prestige 10 times and still use the same weapon path every single time. For example, you can start knifing, then using G18s around Lv28, or Nubtube around 33. But completing as many weapon challenges as you can will have you use one of the hardest and/or inefficient weapons in game, and will make your accuracy better, and enhance your overall game once you go back to "easier" weapons.