Trracer
03-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Could it be so that you have WinXP?

piznam
03-23-2010, 02:15 PM
no i got windows 7 and DirectX 11

Trracer
03-23-2010, 02:16 PM
I presume you could run the demo. Try updating your gfx drivers.

piznam
03-23-2010, 02:20 PM
what is a gfx driver and where can i get 1?

MASTAN
03-23-2010, 02:23 PM
piznam, what videocard do you have? Win7 is not enough to have DX10+ support.

piznam
03-23-2010, 02:27 PM
I got a nvidia geforce 7900 GS

phaedrusiszen
03-23-2010, 02:36 PM
I got a nvidia geforce 7900 GS

There's your problem, only DirectX9.

t19890204
03-23-2010, 02:37 PM
7900 gs doesnt support dx 11? i think it only support 9

Trracer
03-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Correct, you need to buy a new graphics card to run Just Cause 2.

piznam
03-23-2010, 03:06 PM
would a nvidia geforce gt 240m run it

Trracer
03-23-2010, 03:44 PM
would a nvidia geforce gt 240m run it

Yes it would.

Darkstar83
03-23-2010, 04:58 PM
But GT 240 is really slow. GTS 250 would be better.

Xiled
03-24-2010, 07:20 PM
So im having a similar problem
whenever ity to start the Just Cause2 Demo It says

Fatal DirectX error!
Code:2
Result:0x0: S_OK

The game will not exit. Try starting the game in /Failsafe if the
problemb persists.

I have checked the system reqs for the game and the only one that i seem to not have is thr gfx card, I have a ATI Radeon x1300 pro.
Is that the problemb?
any suggestions greatly appretiated, also, how do you even start a game in /failsafe?

Silphatos
03-28-2010, 08:39 AM
X1300Pro supports only DX9 as well, you should buy a new GPU.

G-Man
04-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Okay, I am going to ask a very odd question. My gfx for my laptop can support has 1.7 video ram and all that good stuff, I have direct x 11 according to dxdiag and I know my card can support DX10. Now my card... an intel graphics media accelerator HD (I know its not for gaming and its crap but my laptop is not for gaming, dont tell me to go buy a new laptop, but if I would need a better gfx card just tell me that). Now if my card has the bells and whistles to meet the gfx requirements why cant I run the game? (I get a code 15)

ChronoBodi
04-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Okay, I am going to ask a very odd question. My gfx for my laptop can support has 1.7 video ram and all that good stuff, I have direct x 11 according to dxdiag and I know my card can support DX10. Now my card... an intel graphics media accelerator HD (I know its not for gaming and its crap but my laptop is not for gaming, dont tell me to go buy a new laptop, but if I would need a better gfx card just tell me that). Now if my card has the bells and whistles to meet the gfx requirements why cant I run the game? (I get a code 15)

Riiight...

specs? what's the name of the laptop?

AND of course an Intel IGP won't run it, it barely runs Half life 2 at like 25 FPS on low settings. And Half-life 2 is considered nowadays to be like "any crappy computer can run it" game...

G-Man
04-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Riiight...

specs? what's the name of the laptop?

AND of course an Intel IGP won't run it, it barely runs Half life 2 at like 25 FPS on low settings. And Half-life 2 is considered nowadays to be like "any crappy computer can run it" game...

ASUS U50F
core i3 processor
intel gma HD
Video RAM 1.7 GB
Hardware T&L Yes
Pixel Shader version 4.0
Vertex Shader version 4.0
4 gbs of ram
500 gbs of Harddrive storage
Win 7 Home Premium
MS Direct X 10 (on "can you run it?" but in dxdiag it says 11

thats all i can rattle off, so need anymore? or can you tell me the solution? Or do I just need to get a better graphics card?

Also I run gmod about 50 frames per second

Killer54291
04-13-2010, 07:15 AM
i get the same fatal directx arror as Xiled,

Fatal DirectX error!

ATI Radeon HD 2600 with Directx 11 installed. I am using Windows 7. I am trying this is Parallels on my Mac Pro. I gave it 4 gb of ram and 8 cpus.

Soxmis-UK
04-13-2010, 10:31 AM
ASUS U50F
core i3 processor
intel gma HD
Video RAM 1.7 GB
Hardware T&L Yes
Pixel Shader version 4.0
Vertex Shader version 4.0
4 gbs of ram
500 gbs of Harddrive storage
Win 7 Home Premium
MS Direct X 10 (on "can you run it?" but in dxdiag it says 11

thats all i can rattle off, so need anymore? or can you tell me the solution? Or do I just need to get a better graphics card?

Also I run gmod about 50 frames per second

It's extremely unlikely that your chipset will run the game, it is simply not configured to do so.

I dont think you are going to be able to just "Get a better graphics card.." Laptops tend to have a chipset (Chip) that handles the graphics and that is embedded/soldered into the motherboard

It's not a PC - Style (PCI-E) or (AGP) card that you can replace with another into a purpose made PCI-E or AGP slot, laptops just dont have them, there's not enough room.

When laptop owners say "Graphics card.." when describing their lappies GFX chip, thats exactly what they mean. A chip. Soldered directly onto the board, not interchangeable, not a card. but a chip.

There may be one or two unique exceptions to this rule but I have never seen a laptop with a graphics chipset that can be upgraded by the user for a faster or better one.

The bad news is: You won't be changing your graphics chip soon. :( Time I fear, to look for a PC or more JC2 capable lappie.

johank255
04-25-2010, 05:50 AM
the demo has run on mine but the whole game i purchausedd it doesent run
it says code 4

Soxmis-UK
04-25-2010, 08:43 AM
the demo has run on mine but the whole game i purchausedd it doesent run
it says code 4

According to this link (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177430) you may need to re-install directx..

Just google dx download and get the latest version.

BulletMagnet
04-25-2010, 09:15 AM
There's your problem, only DirectX9.

I think you are misunderstanding how DirectX works. Think of your game as a layered cake. The game is the top layer, its what you see. The hardware (graphics card, in this case) is the bottom layer, the foundation. DirectX is the creamy filling in between.

Now, when your game tells DirectX to do stuff, DirectX either uses the HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) which runs the command on the hardware (if its capable of it) or the HEL (Hardware Emulation Layer) which runs it in software (if the hardware is not capable).

So a DX8 card can run DX9, but its gonna do the DX9 specific stuff in software, which is gonna take a performance hit, but at least it does it.

This is the way DX has worked since day one. I'd assume that DX11 on a DX9 card is the same...will run, but will suck for performance because most of the work is being done by the HEL and therefore your CPU. Otherwise, no DX9 card could run Win7 which comes with DX11.

Unless, of course, there is something fundamentally different going on here. Having said this, the minimum requirements state DX10 video card...

MASTAN
04-26-2010, 07:44 AM
BulletMagnet, you cannot run DX9 game which uses shaders on DX8 hardware. Remember "NVIDIA GeForce 3 or greater/GeForce 4 MX not supported" requirements.
Well, you can in fully software mode with DirectX SDK's reference rasterizer, but it will be awfully slow.

There are games which are based on software DX9 libraries, but use only DX8 features - they work on DX8 hardware. I remember Worms3D required DX9 to be installed, but worked on Geforce 2.

capable heart
04-26-2010, 10:50 AM
I think you are misunderstanding how DirectX works. Think of your game as a layered cake. The game is the top layer, its what you see. The hardware (graphics card, in this case) is the bottom layer, the foundation. DirectX is the creamy filling in between.

Now, when your game tells DirectX to do stuff, DirectX either uses the HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) which runs the command on the hardware (if its capable of it) or the HEL (Hardware Emulation Layer) which runs it in software (if the hardware is not capable).

So a DX8 card can run DX9, but its gonna do the DX9 specific stuff in hardware, which is gonna take a performance hit, but at least it does it.

This is the way DX has worked since day one. I'd assume that DX11 on a DX9 card is the same...will run, but will suck for performance because most of the work is being done by the HEL and therefore your CPU. Otherwise, no DX9 card could run Win7 which comes with DX11.

Unless, of course, there is something fundamentally different going on here. Having said this, the minimum requirements state DX10 video card...

1. Except for the very earliest DX9 games, games for many years now have been built ground-up to actually use features and shaders of DX9 that require the appropriate hardware support from the capabilities of the graphics card. (Remember the whole controversy starting back in 2004-2005 when people discovered ATI cards couldn't support the Shader Model 3 feature of DX9.0c ?)

2. The PC version of Just Cause 2 was developed only with DX10 effects and shaders in mind. It is not strictly a direct port of the game from the Xbox 360 (which is roughly DX9) so it isn't backwards compatible with DX9 cards.

So yeah essentially something fundamentally different is going on here. Developers don't really let games run unless true, full hardware support is present, due to wanting to prevent terrible performance, glitchy visuals, and stability issues. I'm sure a game with extremely similar visual quality could be made with the DX9 versions of effects, but that's not how they made it.

I'm not saying anything you said was wrong, but a lot of the people here aren't going to understand it and they'll end up with false hope and start whining when they can't tweak the game to run.

HareyMcGee
06-14-2010, 01:18 PM
I Have: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family,
Mobile Intel(R) GMA 4500M.
Not sure which i need, but is one of them too old, please advise.

ph4zt
06-15-2010, 01:51 PM
So, i just got just cause 2, and i start it up and i get an error

Fatal DirectX error!

The game will not exit. Try starting the game in /Failsafe if the
problemb persists.

I just updated my DX to 10, i am running on windows 7 32, and it says its a directX problem, i have read through soooo many forums and they say you need 10, idk what is the problem??? can anyone help me????

Humus
06-17-2010, 01:41 PM
It's not enough to DirectX 10, you must also have a DirectX capable video card. You didn't post which one you have.

Follower46
06-26-2010, 07:37 PM
I just got this game after playing around in the demo.
Sadly, I'm getting this error every time I launch the game too.

I have Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB RAM, with a 9800GTX

I've tried running in compatibility mode, with admin privileges, but I'm still getting the error.:confused:

Follower46
06-26-2010, 10:50 PM
I just uninstalled and reinstalled steam + redownloaded the game and it's still giving the same error. :-\

::FIXED::
Turns out it was my iz3d drivers -->
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1176399.html

By disabling them, the game runs fine.

Mrpoopyface1
08-02-2010, 08:17 PM
i have a nvidia quadro nvs 285. so what should i do.
And is there anything cheaper but works

08-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Buy a new video card..

You need at least 256 megs of ram on your GPU to run JC2.

You can prolly get a gts250 for about 110$ or a slightly older 9800gt for 10 to 20 less.

Im not really up on the ATI lineup so I have no advice for you there.

Mrpoopyface1
08-02-2010, 09:33 PM
o ok thank you for the help