PDA

View Full Version : A must, Or i'll end up quiting

blakeownzu
03-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Nurf the deputy Really good, Its extremely over powerd, It kind of reminds me of playing borderlands, Deputy - The Sniper Shotgun. 1 Hit ko's fast, Almost no recoil, and you can move around and shoot dead on almost. At rank 5 You can almost 1 hit anyone and own blasters in close range and snipers in long range, and other class's are just horrible at Deputy.

What I want added:
- Deputy gets huge recoil, More then blaster.
- Deputy gets 5 bullets in rifle instead of 10.
- If you dont add the 5 bullets, I suggest you make it shoot slower.

Mastix
03-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Please, do this world a favour and quit!
Actualy, quit gaming! that would make this forums a better place to be!

blakeownzu
03-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Please, do this world a favour and quit!
Actualy, quit gaming! that would make this forums a better place to be!

So your disagreeing that the Deputy is extremely Over powered? Your an idiot, Have you noticed how 90% of the game is Deputy, A whole bunch of the same people running around, It also is a turn off that it looks so un realistic when everyone is the same class

Zace1
03-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Nurf the deputy Really good, Its extremely over powerd, It kind of reminds me of playing borderlands, Deputy - The Sniper Shotgun. 1 Hit ko's fast, Almost no recoil, and you can move around and shoot dead on almost. At rank 5 You can almost 1 hit anyone and own blasters in close range and snipers in long range, and other class's are just horrible at Deputy.

What I want added:
- If you dont add the 5 bullets, I suggest you make it shoot slower. maybe just as fast as the blaster's shotgun
Quit videogames all together and go back to school, reading your post just made my brain hurt.

Mastix
03-23-2010, 07:43 PM
So your disagreeing that the Deputy is extremely Over powered? Your an idiot, Have you noticed how 90% of the game is Deputy, A whole bunch of the same people running around, It also is a turn off that it looks so un realistic when everyone is the same class
Your'e and idiot not Your, if you want to call me an idiot atleast spell it right (and English is my 3rd language).
Now... I do agree that the deputy is *slightly* over-powered, the 0.4 patch totaly nerfed the Deputy and buffed the Trapper which was great, but classes could use some fine tuning.

Your suggestions on the other hand are totally idiotic, you just throw your rage on this forum without using your head, and stop suggesting that he should be like the Blaster, maybe just suggest to give him a shotgun and make a Blaster Version 2.

Dumbas$.

aspex89
03-23-2010, 08:01 PM

What I want added:
- If you dont add the 5 bullets, I suggest you make it shoot slower. maybe just as fast as the blaster's shotgun

I agree with the majority of what you said blake :cool:

*Around 7 bullets would be ok; it's a rifle but to lessen the bullets drasticly would make the class an unscoped sniper = kinda lame.

*Maybe making it shoot a little slower would be ok too.

*Leave the recoil as it is.

Don't know why the flames are being thrown your way, i understand where you're coming from.

EDIT: I do not agree on the quiting crap, harden up mate.

game_over
03-23-2010, 08:12 PM

What I want added:

Me and my firends have to come to the conclusion that the Deputy is less of an imposing threat than he was before. Taking away his dozen shots and make it two has added more of a fair balance to the game, but I agree that he's still a walking chaingun sniping cyborg cowboy.

I'm sure a few rolls could clear you from danger. You're just over-reacting, my friend.

aspex89
03-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Me and my firends have to come to the conclusion that the Deputy is less of an imposing threat than he was before. Taking away his dozen shots and make it two has added more of a fair balance to the game, but I agree that he's still a walking chaingun sniping cyborg cowboy.

I'm sure a few rolls could clear you from danger. You're just over-reacting, my friend.

Epic title for the deputy lol

Heids24
03-23-2010, 08:38 PM
It's fine. Just like every other game, someone whining about a class/weapon being overpowered. Why not just take all the weapons away and make it melee only? That's the only way to stop the "too overpowered" argurements.

Hironshy
03-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Deputy IS a bit too strong at close range for a semi sniper class, but the OP is really overreacting. Lowering the dmg for close range targets would work, but leave the rest as it is.

Spandex Hero
03-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I agree with the majority of what you said blake :cool:

*Around 7 bullets would be ok; it's a rifle but to lessen the bullets drasticly would make the class an unscoped sniper = kinda lame.

*Maybe making it shoot a little slower would be ok too.

*Leave the recoil as it is.

Don't know why the flames are being thrown your way, i understand where you're coming from.

EDIT: I do not agree on the quiting crap, harden up mate.

Agree, there needs to be more balance between the classes. Deputy is defiantly an unscoped sniper with zero recoil its crazy ATM.

Imagine when we get dedicated and theres no lag in the game, the deputy would be a beast more then he is now.

ErrantConstruct
03-23-2010, 09:06 PM
he's still a walking chaingun sniping cyborg cowboy.

That should be an achievement

blakeownzu
03-23-2010, 09:16 PM

Well, I still think your wrong about " taking away 2 shots from his rifle made everything balanced " They should of took like at least 4 shots from his rifle I think. Or make his recoil higher and it would be less OP

Squid Division
03-23-2010, 09:18 PM
It's fine as-is, just get up close and personal where his slowed firing rate will kill him or take him out from far away, or out-Deputy him. Remember, he doesn't have an offensive skill, just marking targets.

blakeownzu
03-23-2010, 09:20 PM
It's fine as-is, just get up close and personal where his slowed firing rate will kill him or take him out from far away, or out-Deputy him. Remember, he doesn't have an offensive skill, just marking targets.

This doesnt change the fact this his gun, Is a Shotgun ( high damage ) Sniper ( Really good accuracy, Even at long range ), machine gun ( shoots as fast as a pistol, Maybe faster )

aspex89
03-23-2010, 09:34 PM

Out-Deputy him? Jeez... what a good idea that is.

/extreme sarcasm

checkdestroy
03-23-2010, 10:07 PM
The deputy is the AK/M4 of Lead and Gold right now. Sure, the gunslinger can fan you to death at close range, and the trapper's got a scope, but so far it's been fairly simple as a deputy to headshot close gunslingers and outshoot trappers. I think the clip could go down to 7, it would help alot.

blakeownzu
03-23-2010, 10:58 PM
The deputy is the AK/M4 of Lead and Gold right now. Sure, the gunslinger can fan you to death at close range, and the trapper's got a scope, but so far it's been fairly simple as a deputy to headshot close gunslingers and outshoot trappers. I think the clip could go down to 7, it would help alot.

I agree with you, But I would really still like to see the recoil raised cause rifles have a bigger kickback anyways. But this class takes no skill.. takes no aim and is just really powerfull and fast. The gun slinger actually takes skill to aim and time to think " Should i use singer shot or my special ability? "

Kitsunin
03-23-2010, 11:10 PM
I think rather than adding recoil they should either lower accuracy or lower the damage dealt up-close (Yeah, unrealistic, but probably balancing) so they can decide if they want a semi-auto-sniperish weapon, or a particularly accurate medium range weapon.

OR they could have an option for either.

Honestly though, I don't find deputy to be overpowered...

Oh yes, and people, STOP FLAMING! Be constructive with your criticism, you know who you are...

blakeownzu
03-24-2010, 12:07 AM
I think rather than adding recoil they should either lower accuracy or lower the damage dealt up-close (Yeah, unrealistic, but probably balancing) so they can decide if they want a semi-auto-sniperish weapon, or a particularly accurate medium range weapon.

OR they could have an option for either.

Honestly though, I don't find deputy to be overpowered...

Oh yes, and people, STOP FLAMING! Be constructive with your criticism, you know who you are...

Well adding more recoil would get rid of accuracy

Kitsunin
03-24-2010, 12:54 AM
Well adding more recoil would get rid of accuracy

Yeah, true, but in a different way, if you increase recoil, it becomes harder to shoot quickly, but doesn't lower the distance at which you can shoot from, whereas subtracted accuracy makes it no harder to hit up close, but does at a distance...I suppose either would work, and added recoil might be better for both, since then it could be used for sniping, but also you wouldn't be able to shoot too fast up-close.

LoPuS
03-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Hey guys. We are aware that the deputy might be a bit overpowered.
We however do not want to nerf him completely, with every patch we are fine tuning the balance, last patch saw a decrease of the Deputy ammo and later patches might see more of the same or other types of tweaks if we see fit. We however have to monitor all changes closely for a few days after each patch to make sure the changes give the right effects.

In the mean time there are lots of discussions about this matter on the official lead and gold beta forums here http://forums.leadandgold.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13 so head on over and contribute :)

We appreciate your feedback and we will continue to tweak the balance even after release of the game. Tweaking takes time so thank you for your patience.

RenegadeShade
03-24-2010, 06:13 AM
Deputy is not OP, IDK what you guys are talking about, maybe Deputy is for you only a counterpick to your class, but every class have their own up and down...

Deputy doesnt afraid me, one of the easiest to take down

Kitsunin
03-24-2010, 06:45 AM
Well, after playing some more, I have my thoughts about deputy more set in stone.

I do not think he is overpowered up-close, it makes sense that he can outdo a gunslinger outside of fanning range, in my opinion.

However, I believe his range ought to be lowered, as of now, it really undermines the trapper's importance, since the deputy can hit a trapper in pretty much any situation where the trapper can hit the deputy. It's just ridiculous when you are almost all the way across the map trying to get a clear shot at some deputy that keeps jumping around, and then suddenly you die, since he got a headshot, seeing as he can easily shoot a moving target AND he can move while shooting, and you (A trapper) can't do either.

Reptar08
03-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Respectfully this is the most balanced game I have ever played. Every class has its strengths and weaknesses.

Heids24
03-24-2010, 09:13 AM
So your disagreeing that the Deputy is extremely Over powered? Your an idiot

Before you call somebody else an idiot, at least make sure you do it grammatically correct next time. May not give your argumnent anymore credibility, but it'll prevent people from dismissing you as the idiot before considering your point.

Anyone else see the irony that a guy with the name "blakeownzu" seems to be getting owned in this game to the point that he feels he needs to make the mature public statement that he's going to quit unless they nerf one of the classes he doesn't play as?

Wuzzzy
03-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Your'e and idiot not Your.........

Dumbas$.

Actually that would be: You're an idiot. Notice the apostrophe is where the missing 'a' would be from the abbreviated sentence: You are an idiot.

fatshark_mwd
03-24-2010, 11:28 AM

What I want added:

It is adjusted a bit. The Beta is for tweaing isn't it I think he ahs 6 shots now and some other small adjusments.

DED
03-24-2010, 11:34 AM

What I want added:

I'm sorry, but these suggestions are rediculous. More recoil than a shotgun for a rfile? Five bullets total (less than a sidearm), for a class that is supposed to feature high ammo capacity? Make it take as long as a sniper to aim, for a gun that typically does half as much damage per shot as the sniper? Why not just nerf the class out of existence then?

The deputy is a strong class indeed, but, as with any class, it's the player that makes it overpowered. If you have someone with good aim and good tactical abilities, they are going to do well, regardless of class. I have played so many games and seen each class at the top of the scoreboard. The classes are balanced if people know how to play each class. But if a blaster decides to snipe or if a trapper decides to rush, then obviously those classes are going to appear weak. The deputy is a very much a versatile class and he can take on multiple roles better than any other class, but to think that he's so overpowered that he's a better sniper than a trapper or a better rusher than a blaster is nonsense.

I do support, however, the removal of the wall-hack trait. Wall-hacks are rediculous in any circumstance, even this one. Make his trait be able to mark people and up the damage to target a little and that would be fine. But to adopt the suggestions by the OP would effectively make the deputy useless, and that would be a shame for a class that gives the player (and game) so many options on how to play.

In the end, I won't be suprised that the deputy gets nerfed to the point of uselessness and then people will complain that the trapper is overpowered. Players won't be satisfied until all the hitscan-based classes are nerfed to uselessness and spammy, projectile based classes reign supreme. I thought with Lead & Gold I could get a reprieve from the horrible spam of the demoman and pyro in TF2, but it looks like such spam may follow its way here as well. Hopefully it doesn't.

fatshark_mwd
03-24-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm sorry, but these suggestions are rediculous. More recoil than a shotgun for a rfile? Five bullets total (less than a sidearm), for a class that is supposed to feature high ammo capacity? Make it take as long as a sniper to aim, for a gun that typically does half as much damage per shot as the sniper? Why not just nerf the class out of existence then?

The deputy is a strong class indeed, but, as with any class, it's the player that makes it overpowered. If you have someone with good aim and good tactical abilities, they are going to do well, regardless of class. I have played so many games and seen each class at the top of the scoreboard. The classes are balanced if people know how to play each class. But if a blaster decides to snipe or if a trapper decides to rush, then obviously those classes are going to appear weak. The deputy is a very much a versatile class and he can take on multiple roles better than any other class, but to think that he's so overpowered that he's a better sniper than a trapper or a better rusher than a blaster is nonsense.

I do support, however, the removal of the wall-hack trait. Wall-hacks are rediculous in any circumstance, even this one. Make his trait be able to mark people and up the damage to target a little and that would be fine. But to adopt the suggestions by the OP would effectively make the deputy useless, and that would be a shame for a class that gives the player (and game) so many options on how to play.

In the end, I won't be suprised that the deputy gets nerfed to the point of uselessness and then people will complain that the trapper is overpowered. Players won't be satisfied until all the hitscan-based classes are nerfed to uselessness and spammy, projectile based classes reign supreme. I thought with Lead & Gold I could get a reprieve from the horrible spam of the demoman and pyro in TF2, but it looks like such spam may follow it's way here as well. Hopefully it doesn't.

No we won't nerf the deputy more than just a very tiny bit. We don't believe in big changes.

DED
03-24-2010, 11:49 AM
No we won't nerf the deputy more than just a very tiny bit. We don't believe in big changes.

Well that's very encouraging to hear. This game would do itself great harm if it were to significantly nerf the deputy. The deputy class really makes this game unique, as it serves as somewhat of a hyrbid class that allows a player many options on how to play. If the player wants to sit back and snipe, he can. If he wants to run and gun in the mid, he can. He can even fight up close as well. Does he excel at any on these circumstances? No. Trappers at long range do considerably more damage. At close range, a blaster's shotgun will obliterate the deputy before he can get a shot off. And at close to mid range a gunslinger will fan a deputy before he can blink. He certainly is not the most effective class in any one these circumstances, but if a player has good aim and tactics he certainly can be effective. Such a characteristic gives the player many options of gameplay, and prevents him from being forced to play one single way. Other class-based games rarely have such a class, and as such the deputy class makes L&G quite unique and enjoyable.

|Tom|
03-24-2010, 01:28 PM

What I want added:

Be quiet and learn to teamplay

KDR_11k
03-24-2010, 03:44 PM
IMO it's an issue with engagement ranges, the gunslinger and blaster are very short ranged while the trapper is for long ranges, leaving the deputy to dominate the entire in-between. He basically got the assault rifle of LaG, a good tradeoff between rate of fire and range that takes great advantage of the open spaces many maps contain. Many spaces are too large for GS/B but too small for the trapper.

aspex89
03-24-2010, 07:07 PM
IMO it's an issue with engagement ranges, the gunslinger and blaster are very short ranged while the trapper is for long ranges, leaving the deputy to dominate the entire in-between. He basically got the assault rifle of LaG, a good tradeoff between rate of fire and range that takes great advantage of the open spaces many maps contain. Many spaces are too large for GS/B but too small for the trapper.

Valid argument.

Orange Juice
03-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Your'e and idiot not Your

Actually it's You're.

I wish we could -rep on this forum

Lt. Sn@tcher
04-13-2010, 01:50 PM
I prefer the deputy for his tagging ability i like to know where the enemy is...

hamai
04-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Each class has it's niche, and the Deputy's is middle range.

It won't do nothing at long range because it misses a lot and hits for low damage.

At close range he's only better than the sniper: he shoots much slower than the pistol guy and does less damage than the blaster.

Lt. Sn@tcher
04-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Your'e and idiot not Your, if you want to call me an idiot atleast spell it right (and English is my 3rd language).
Now... I do agree that the deputy is *slightly* over-powered, the 0.4 patch totaly nerfed the Deputy and buffed the Trapper which was great, but classes could use some fine tuning.

Your suggestions on the other hand are totally idiotic, you just throw your rage on this forum without using your head, and stop suggesting that he should be like the Blaster, maybe just suggest to give him a shotgun and make a Blaster Version 2.

Dumbas$.

Actually it's YOU'RE, not YOUR or YOUR'E..You know compound for you are.. On topic I think the deputy is fine the way he is, His aim only improves the higher his rank is and if he's with his gang.

Lawnmooer
04-14-2010, 12:29 PM
I've not noticed the deputy being better than any other class at the ranges they are designed for...

Blaster - Close range... get into close range with a blaster and your a dead. Period.

Trapper - Long-Very long range 1 hit kills/downs yeah slow RoF and lack of good close range defence means it's balanced

Gunslinger - Close-Mid range will be able to take people out in those ranges and can extend to long range at higher ranks

Deputy - Mid-Long range can take anyone down in them, except a trapper at long range, lacks close range defence.

ZOMG Deputy is OP because it is good in one of the most common ranges!!!! (Mid range)....

If you struggle to kill them then you must:
1) Suck at playing Blaster (Get into close range and annihilate him)
2) Suck at playing Gunslinger (Get close and fan him... like you do most of the time)
3) Suck at playing Trapper (Learn to aim)
4) Suck at playing Deputy (Well, it's an even fight, just gotta aim well)

Hunter91
04-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Deputy in my opinion seems way to weak. I hit headshots for 20 damage?

When playing as him, I feel really fragile and like I am holding a BB gun, not an immensly powerful rifle.

Eh.

Moltengrace
04-14-2010, 02:05 PM
If you want to nerf the deputy, either make him only able to have one marked target at a time, or don't give damage boost on marked targets. I know I'll mark anyone that walks up to me before I even think of shooting because each bullet does a lot more damage and I can put them down in 2-3 shots.

Moltengrace
04-14-2010, 02:08 PM
It is adjusted a bit. The Beta is for tweaing isn't it I think he ahs 6 shots now and some other small adjusments.

Wait, I paid to play in a beta of a game?

Fff.

hellsheep1
04-14-2010, 06:16 PM
I do not feel the deputy needs to change much. vs gunslinger and blaster he is fine. However, I feel that deputy vs trapper the deputy has the advantage even if the trapper is more skilled than the deputy. I really feel that the trapper either needs a slight damage increase or a slightly faster rate of fire.

needforspeed
04-14-2010, 07:44 PM

What I want added:
See yah :D

With those changers deputy would be completely useless.

|Tom|
04-15-2010, 10:20 AM

What I want added:

Learn to play, if you are gunslinger and get sniped... dont try and snipe back with a revolver... pick deputy or get a team mate to deal with the deputy. KTHXBAI

ripper1712
04-18-2010, 10:23 PM
I honestly only go the deputy because he has a repeater. x3

MiRoMe
04-19-2010, 12:02 AM
Played this in a LAN last night, 4v4. Gunslinger and blaster are clearly the best classes. It's all about ambushing anyway. Learn the map and outwit your opponents to always be behind them.

Blackheart24
04-25-2010, 10:55 PM
L2P nub.