PDA

View Full Version : One More Thing to Fix

ScrewYouBenny
03-23-2010, 07:03 PM
So everyone knows that the two classes that can drop items (Medic and Assault) have icons that pop up over their heads letting you know they can either heal you or resupply you. This is how you can pick them out from distance or in the heat of battle. However, I have noticed that these icons pop up even when that person hasn't unlocked health kits or ammo packs yet, which is stupid because you end up following some guy for nothing or running halfway across a map to get ammo and find out the guy is a level 2 noob who hasn't unlocked it yet. The only way to tell is he has an AK with no sight on it or the stock LMG. I think DICE really needs to fix this because as an engineer (my primary class), I rely on both assault and medic soldiers to keep me going. It's such a dumb design flaw that can be easily fixed. I know it's not really a big deal, I just wanted to get it out there and see if anyone else has noticed this as well. Just make it so when I hit "Q" on someone who doesn't have health or ammo unlocked yet, nothing happens. I'm tired of yelling, "Hey I need some ammo!" at someone who just stares at me because they can't do anything.

The Comfy Chair
03-23-2010, 07:11 PM
afaik, you can't call if they haven't unlocked it yet. I tested it out with a friend to see if we could (new soldiers, just to see).

You unlock the drops before any weapon upgrades too. They were likely newbs (not noobs necessarily) who aren't used to people asking for health/ammo.

Blood Work
03-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Wasn't the ammo thing on top only when you issue the command to drop ammo or health? I only notice it when i QQQQQQ the person.

Don't bother following people with ammo, just spam the QQQQ key, it signals them some how...i don't know how but they turn around and give me ammo after so it must be doing something on screen.

ScrewYouBenny
03-23-2010, 07:35 PM
When you get low on ammo or health, the icon will appear over the head of any medic or assault (depending on what you need), regardless if they have it unlocked yet. This means that you can call out to people who don't have them unlocked. I do it all the time, that's why I made the post. I know this because I've followed an assault with the icon over his head around until he got killed, then picked up his kit and he didn't have ammo packs.