View Full Version : So Is this game any good ?
03-24-2010, 01:59 AM
I plan to buy it
11-01-2010, 06:55 AM
The game is okay. I'd give it a D+.
Here are some issues:
1) The game doesn't recognize your mouse wheel, so you can't scroll through lists easily.
2) You can only see how good your players are (their rankings, etc) on one page. On the page where you have to make financial decisions, and decisions on depth charts, you can't see their skill level. That makes things so much more difficult because you have to constantly bounce back and forth between pages just to do basic tasks. That makes the game too tedious.
3) When offering players contracts, its easier to sort by how many years left they have. That way I can have all the zero years remaining at the top and can resign everyone quicker. Well, after I sign someone, the list is scrambled again, so I have to resort and rescroll down back to where I was. Every. Time. Gets tedious, especially when you have to resign everyone on the team except for four.
4) The rating system for players is stupid. Alex Rodriguez is rated a 60. The top rated players by far are all pitchers. The highest rated player is an 80. Rankings go by 5's only, and the majority of players are rated a 50.
5) Some players randomly disappear from my depth chart or pitching rotation. I signed a young pitcher from free agency, assigned him to my AAA team, and when I try to add him to my pitching rotation as my top starting pitcher, his name is nowhere to be found. He doesn't exist. I check my roster, he's there. I try to add him to my pitching rotation, he's not there.
6) Trades are hard to do, unless you're willing to give up your best, youngest player for an old fart who can't play worth a flip. That's pretty much the only trade the computer will make.
Other than that, it's a pretty good game. It held my interest for about two hours. Now I'm deleting it from my computer.
11-02-2010, 03:28 AM
I think that if you want a baseball managerial game, the current price (99 cents) makes it worthwhile to try it. If you don't like it or it only gives you a few months worth of entertainment, well... you've only lost 99 cents. You can't even buy a cup of coffee or a can of soda for that.
11-02-2010, 06:11 AM
The game is pretty terrible, but it's the only baseball sim available on sale that's up to date. I wish they would release the current Baseball Mogul games or OOTP.
11-06-2010, 10:58 PM
I have a Logitech 710 wireless gamepad I just bought. The game doesnt seem to recognize it. Does it work with any other controller?
BTW, great post Lucifer. :)
07-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Is this game any good ? Heck if I know as it just sits there in my Steam library. I like sports sims but the one I have most wanted to play is the latest version of APBA with Ernie Harwell Broadcast Blast. It is now discounted at this time but sadly it is not available on Steam.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.