PDA

View Full Version : So much for 3/24 Patch eh?

jdub121686
03-24-2010, 07:47 PM
So much for it eh?

Alcorr
03-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah i was thinking the same thing...

jdub121686
03-24-2010, 09:08 PM
gotta say I was looking foward to it hehe. Now im sad :(

Grifthin
03-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Oh boo hoo - so the patch is a little late. I'm sure it will be out soon.

jdub121686
03-24-2010, 09:27 PM
lol...I had the same experience whilst waiting for Demigod stuff...

Sangnz
03-24-2010, 09:57 PM
Eh it was a tentative date, they made no promises.

RCIX
03-24-2010, 10:07 PM
I guess i'll release my new mod update tomrrow when i get up if the patch isn't out then :/

Ric666
03-25-2010, 03:21 AM
Its a day after what they said guys...lol...have some patience! GPG are generally very good with supporting us with what we ask for so why don't we cut them some slack :P

VASH1291
03-25-2010, 03:35 AM
What does this patch even do?

DrSuperGood
03-25-2010, 06:22 AM
I would like to remind people that the patch will only go public during working hours at the place of origan, aka where supreme commander 2 was made. Minor delays like staff being off sick or unexpected problems will set the release date back but are not major enough for a public release on the detail of the cause. There is still a high chance that you will see a patch this week, afterall it is not saturday yet (I assume they do not work or lack the facilities to publish a patch during the weekends).

Many things people hope this patch will fix are the assist build bug, stategic defense bug and hopefully improved stability (some crash / hang fixes). There also is a chance that ranked games will be introduced for hardcore players. On top of that there should be some minor stat alterations on a selection of units, a general allround ballence act.

Zero_Vector
03-25-2010, 06:34 AM
I'd say screw the "minor" stat balance. Some units are useless and some are way over the top. These issue should really have been fixed in the beta test and then you have fine-tuning of balance after the game is released.

When they buff the Darkenoids DPS by 50% and it's still useless you know something is off.

Aesir Rising
03-25-2010, 07:13 AM
What does this patch even do?

The Short List v1.4 (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1195901)

Grifthin
03-25-2010, 09:02 AM
I'd say screw the "minor" stat balance. Some units are useless and some are way over the top. These issue should really have been fixed in the beta test and then you have fine-tuning of balance after the game is released.

When they buff the Darkenoids DPS by 50% and it's still useless you know something is off.

Starcraft is possibly the most balanced RTS ever released and I think we can all agree that it's had dozens of patches of YEARS. Starcraft had no balance to speak of on release, only rigorous play testing by the fans made it the balanced game it is today.

You take things small, add small changes and see what their cumulative effect is at the end of the day. Baby steps. So if they want to take small changes to help ensure they don't break more things, I say let them.

Zero_Vector
03-25-2010, 11:43 AM
What you said mainly applies to the basic game stuff and early units that are used universally,

I'm talking about the late game units that are never built. Even the GOOD experiementals are pretty rare to see.

Things like the com rush needs a more delicate approach I agree.

RCIX
03-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Well, it's out now! Looks like they nerfed transports, mas converters on the Aeon and UEF sides,... here, read the whole thing:

Patch V 1.4

Fixes and Improvements
Space Temple beacon now has cool-down timer set to 30 seconds before it can be moved.
Anti-nuke fix: Anti-nukes will never fire more than one anti-nuke off at a single enemy nuke.
Fixed sorting issue with password entry overlay, remaining background is now grayed out.
Non-host Gamer-tags now displaying correctly in multi-player lobbies.
LightFX enable/disable added to the advanced video options (for Alienware setups).
Fixed bug where bringing the in game score would error out when observers were present.
Fixed start position images on the skirmish menu.
Added color codes for the ping numbers.
Updated chat team chat text format. Team text now cycles when the check box status changes instead of when text is sent.
Overcharge was incorrectly being affected by ACU Training 3. It no longer is.

Tuning and Balance

Cybran/Illuminate Mass Fabs
Changing prerequisite for Cybran Mass Fabricator to Shield Generator.
Increasing Illuminate Mass Fabricator Research cost to 6 RP.

Space Temple range
Increasing Space Temple range from 500 to 700.

Artillery
UEF Artillery RP reduced from 8 to 6. Cost reduced to 800m/2800e.
Cybran Artillery RP reduced from 9 to 8. Cost reduced to 750m/2750e.

Transports
Reducing Health from 4000 to 3000.
Increased Energy cost from 430 to 600.
Decreased Regen from 11 to 5.

Kraken Torpedo DPS
Increasing damage from 50 to 200.

Aesir Rising
03-25-2010, 03:11 PM
That's nerf #2 to transports. It's getting old - perhaps 1v1 ladders have too much influence on the game.

niuhi13
03-25-2010, 03:15 PM
thank pete they claim to have finally fixed the nukes though!

RCIX
03-25-2010, 03:15 PM
That's nerf #2 to transports. It's getting old - perhaps 1v1 ladders have too much influence on the game.

FTR, i was going to nerf them anyway. I remember JEWNICRON complaining abotu them just before he disconnected in an FFA. The big thing i would do to nerf them is make them cost more points.

Xenesis
03-25-2010, 03:18 PM
I am amused that they quadrupled the Kraken's torpedo damage. :)

niuhi13
03-25-2010, 03:20 PM
I am amused that they quadrupled the Kraken's torpedo damage. :)

desperate attempt to get people to care about navy?

Viscule
03-25-2010, 03:46 PM
desperate attempt to get people to care about navy?

Hard to care about navy when AEON DONT HAVE ANY NAVY! That annoys me so much.

Why does aeon even have a empty naval tech tree. Its like a second slap in the face.

Xenesis
03-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Hovertanks!

It is supposed to be the solution. But it still needs lots of tuning obviously. Also we need more than 2 naval friendly maps.

aleksanderstorm
03-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Aeon need some additional, larger-scale hover units. Probably minor Experimentals, since that unit class seems to fill such positions rather effectively. Maybe something like a hover-capable equivalent to the Assault Block, Fatboy, or Megalith.

(EDIT: Or, more likely for the near-future, making the Wilfindja more effective in general.

Headlss
03-25-2010, 10:10 PM
as if uef needed help turtleing they game them cheeper arty?

RCIX
03-25-2010, 10:48 PM
a hover-capable equivalent to the Assault Block

*cough cough* it is already *cough cough*

aleksanderstorm
03-26-2010, 05:00 AM
Oh, it is? I guess I just never bothered. I also haven't played much Aeon besides the campaign (exclusively a Cybran player), so that's probably reason why I had no idea.

Still, I suppose more things like the Urchinow with varying purposes, for use over oceans, would still be appreciated for their forces. I suppose that's something for an expansion, though. Just like a number of other potential unit gaps.

Latrodectus
03-26-2010, 05:13 AM
Things like the com rush needs a more delicate approach I agree.

My suggestion for the Comm rush nerf was to reduce the mass you start with by half and reduce the cost of mass extractors by half as well.

DrSuperGood
03-26-2010, 05:45 AM
The com rush is apparently only a problem in large team games. Lots of people seem to be combating it perfectly in 1v1 or 2v2 situations. In 1v1 they can keep the commander back with point defenses and then just bomb him to death while his economy is in the dark ages. In 2v2 it is harder as they can repair each other but they still dont have anything for effective base defense meaning you can just flank their bases and then kill them easilly.

It falls appart at 4v4 completly as they can do a prety effective commander rush with 3 players (the repair rate is very high) and have a lot of targets to choose from. On top of that they have 1 player playing a complementing stratergy like UEF fighter spam to conver the air attacks on their bases. This might be counterable with an equally drastic stratergy and as well cordinated team.

All commander rushes can be countered with a commander rush of the same faction set logically as you are practically doing the same things so it is 50:50 (if both players are equally skilled).

Ranked games will most likly be 1v1 and 2v2 (where competitive play is) so all ballence is towards that area.

On the other hand, strategic missles are a lot better now. People should not be disabling it as much as they were as there is nearly no need now. If anything the AI is too easy with nukes enabled as you can easilly shield your base with 2 or 3 defenses and then just counter nuke (they do not like defenses much apparently).

Ric666
03-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Is it just me or have every race been constantly nerfed at every patch & UEF gets constantly buffed through all the patches. They were already the race with the cheapest units n& early instant arty to hold any rush option!! Cheaper Arty in this patch. Are you bloody kidding me! :O

Aesir Rising
03-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Is it just me or have every race been constantly nerfed at every patch & UEF gets constantly buffed through all the patches. They were already the race with the cheapest units n& early instant arty to hold any rush option!! Cheaper Arty in this patch. Are you bloody kidding me! :O

What does "early instant arty" mean?

Apheirox
03-26-2010, 08:05 AM
It means like BAM - INSTANT ARTY!

Yetibus
03-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Here's a fix to the Wilfindja that I would accept:
+ Change the laser-balls to torpedo tubes, preferably rapid fire over high damage (even though that is more of a Cybran thing). No change to range necessary. Though I have not played around with the Wilfindja much (even though I constantly play Aeon), it seems like torpedoes will accomplish the role it is created for.
+ Drastically increase it's speed, as in make it faster than any ship in the water. Since it only has torpedoes, this will prevent it from being a menace on land.
+ Possibly reduce it's turn rate: it should not be able to totally zig-zag around battleship shells.
+ Health should be unchanged, or at most, a slight increase. It should not be higher than battleship with the increased speed.
+ Make the anti-air upgrade for the Harvog also add anti-air onto the Wilfindja. It should not be powerful, though, like the Harvog AA.
OR
Give it a low-health personal shield with a relatively fast recharge time.
OR
Make it a weak mobile shield generator with a long recharge time.
OR
Provides a speed boost to nearby hovercraft.

These last four options may be too much... increased speed may be enough to allow it to close in on long range boats, which seems to be what it should do. Subs are simply not pervasive enough to be a threat worthy of its own experimental counter.

Does anyone know if those laser-balls have some unknown awesome ability that would make the Wilfindja usable as it is now?

Does anyone else think the UEF sub should have an upgrade that allows it to burrow through the ground?

Aamanus
03-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Y'know, if they just made the little balls that trail behind the Wilfindja float ahead of it instead, it'd be a very different unit. It's usually half dead before the balls start attacking, even if it's only being attacked by stuff that's in its range :/

Snow White
03-26-2010, 12:48 PM
I wish they would add an option to disable artillery. You can disable nukes, u can disable shields, but not artillery?

Dunno why they took that out, but it would really help against the spam in some larger games like 4 vs 4.

Aesir Rising
03-26-2010, 12:59 PM
I wish they would add an option to disable artillery. You can disable nukes, u can disable shields, but not artillery?

Dunno why they took that out, but it would really help against the spam in some larger games like 4 vs 4.
Perhaps because Illuminate doesn't have Artillery to disable - so their TMLs would likely provide an advantage in a no-Artillery game.

MCS500
03-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Also remember that there is a much bigger patch coming out next week with ranked games, etc. These smaller ones are being put out to address immediate issues....the anti-nuke being the highest priority item.

Grifthin
03-26-2010, 01:42 PM
You don't need to nerf arty - I know with Aeon sufficient shields just stop them cold. Then I go blow them up :)

RCIX
03-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Here's a fix to the Wilfindja that I would accept:
+ Change the laser-balls to torpedo tubes, preferably rapid fire over high damage (even though that is more of a Cybran thing). No change to range necessary. Though I have not played around with the Wilfindja much (even though I constantly play Aeon), it seems like torpedoes will accomplish the role it is created for.
+ Drastically increase it's speed, as in make it faster than any ship in the water. Since it only has torpedoes, this will prevent it from being a menace on land.
+ Possibly reduce it's turn rate: it should not be able to totally zig-zag around battleship shells.
+ Health should be unchanged, or at most, a slight increase. It should not be higher than battleship with the increased speed.
+ Make the anti-air upgrade for the Harvog also add anti-air onto the Wilfindja. It should not be powerful, though, like the Harvog AA.
OR
Give it a low-health personal shield with a relatively fast recharge time.
OR
Make it a weak mobile shield generator with a long recharge time.
OR
Provides a speed boost to nearby hovercraft.

These last four options may be too much... increased speed may be enough to allow it to close in on long range boats, which seems to be what it should do. Subs are simply not pervasive enough to be a threat worthy of its own experimental counter.

Does anyone know if those laser-balls have some unknown awesome ability that would make the Wilfindja usable as it is now?

Does anyone else think the UEF sub should have an upgrade that allows it to burrow through the ground?

You sound like a candidate for using my mod (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1195444)!