PDA

View Full Version : so a month after launch, game still blows ...

rzarectah
03-24-2010, 08:54 PM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent
performance issues ... increased by the most recent patch (for xp users at least)
autobalance ... conspicuously missing
server connect via console ... missing as well
weapon skins ... atrocious looking and inaccurate

bottom line: mw2 is better.

preempt - everyone that says mw2 lacks these things is being silly, there are dedicated server mods for mw2 that make the game excellent.

At The Gates
03-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks for sharing. Now go back under your bed. Hurry!

King Pirgnob
03-24-2010, 08:58 PM
How about you and Modern Warfare 2 go make a baby then.

TrigunReaper
03-24-2010, 08:58 PM
At least we have a server browser

Rhodsie
03-24-2010, 09:00 PM
I have XP and the last patch didn't seem to affect my performance at all.

GrimCW
03-24-2010, 09:00 PM
question, when did it take less than a month to fix major issues in a massive load of code and then compile, test, and correct anything extra?

seriously, wtf is with the "its been out for a month and stil isn't fixed?!!!11?!/11 DUR HUR HUR!" posts in game forums these days?

rzarectah
03-24-2010, 09:01 PM
forgot to add no directly connecting to servers without having to pass through EA's authentication server.

rzarectah
03-24-2010, 09:02 PM
question, when did it take less than a month to fix major issues in a massive load of code and then compile, test, and correct anything extra?

seriously, wtf is with the "its been out for a month and stil isn't fixed?!!!11?!/11 DUR HUR HUR!" posts in game forums these days?

what was the point of the beta???

we all paid 50 bucks to play a game that's about one third to half way complete.

gg EA

xplay2.0
03-24-2010, 09:03 PM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent
performance issues ... increased by the most recent patch (for xp users at least)

I've had worse. Played Modern Warfare 2 recently?

PoSSeSSeDCoW
03-24-2010, 09:04 PM
People still use a 9-year-old operating system?

rzarectah
03-24-2010, 09:05 PM
People still use a 9-year-old operating system?

I'm pretty sure more than half of PC users still do lolzzzz

shadowdragon970
03-24-2010, 09:07 PM
what was the point of the beta???

we all paid 50 bucks to play a game that's about one third to half way complete.

gg EA

If you were that at the start of the beta, playing games all for about 10 minutes before the connection died, you would know exactly why we played the beta.

The game is much better now than it was then.

rzarectah
03-24-2010, 09:08 PM
If you were that at the start of the beta, playing games all for about 10 minutes before the connection died, you would know exactly why we played the beta.

The game is much better now than it was then.

yet still not close to being able to be called a finished product ...

shadowdragon970
03-24-2010, 09:12 PM
yet still not close to being able to be called a finished product ...

Well, I don't know how it works for XP users, but my game works great now, and I have never encountered a obvious hacker.

Maybe you should stop using a Gamecube era system for a modern game?

rzarectah
03-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Well, I don't know how it works for XP users, but my game works great now, and I have never encountered a obvious hacker.

Maybe you should stop using a Gamecube era system for a modern game?

I play on win 7, but reports of the patch nuking FPS and causing massive crashing in xp are pretty commonplace around the web ...

XMN Maggie
03-24-2010, 09:43 PM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent

server browser ... lets me browse servers. Works better than the MW2 browser..o-wait.
hackers ... haven't met any.
performance issues ... Works fine on modern my modern OS. (Worrying about XP users is like worrying about how it will run on a typewriter. Nobody cares.)
autobalance ... Conspicuously underutilized, but not missing.
server connect via console ... Unnecessary thanks to the browser and friends list.

bottom line: u mad.

Stormcharger
03-24-2010, 09:44 PM
well xp is on the minimum requirements so it shouldnt be a surprise that it has more errors

Kalabalana
03-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Look, we can all complain one way or the other, the fact is, the game is still not done. I doubt any other game company would have gone gold even on the current build. The game is still not finished.

airblad3
03-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Who gave the OP +rep?

MaDeuce
03-24-2010, 09:58 PM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent

The BC2 community appreciates your 50 dollar donation. Have fun on IWnet.

omghi2u
03-24-2010, 10:00 PM
I do not understand how MW2 can be considered better then this game. This game is almost indentical to mw2 in the gameplay sense, except it has more features and is actually somewhat fun. Would be nice if you weren't allowed to change to the team with 4 more players though....

MaDeuce
03-24-2010, 10:01 PM
I do not understand how MW2 can be considered better then this game. This game is almost indentical to mw2 in the gameplay sense, except it has more features and is actually somewhat fun. Would be nice if you weren't allowed to change to the team with 4 more players though....

Heh, check out the thread about the autobalancing tool.

omghi2u
03-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Yeah I saw it and I'm pretty excited for it actually being used but have they never played a video game online before to not foresee this gaping flaw in game design. When I think of a community on the internet(especially an fps) my first thought is never "nobody would take advantage of X"

zAce
03-24-2010, 10:14 PM
At least we have a server browser

High five!

Aura891
03-24-2010, 10:35 PM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent

i think the rating of this thread explains everything i would have explained

rzarectah
03-24-2010, 10:41 PM
hey, everyone hating on XP ... try reading my OP ... lots of XP users were having a fine time until the most recent patch which seems to have triggered rampant CTDs ...

it doesn't matter that xp is an old OS, the game played well on XP before the patch ...

Overt.Enemy
03-24-2010, 10:42 PM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent

server browser ... needs work, but OK
hackers ... compared to MW2 they are practically non-existent and punkbuser is banning them
performance issues ... almost none. And who uses a 10+ year old OS?
autobalance ... OK you got me there
server connect via console ... who cares?

Overt.Enemy
03-24-2010, 10:44 PM
The BC2 community appreciates your 50 dollar donation. Have fun on IWnet.

I love how it's gotta be one or the other. Always this big competition.

BC2 vs MW2 != Red Sox vs Yankees.

You can like them both and play them both. What an amazing concept. If this was a Red Sox forum and you came in here talking about "Red Sox suck!!!111one" we'd tell you "go to the Yankees forum" and that would be perfectly appropriate. Telling someone "oh you hate BC2 go play MW2" is just stupid, seriously.

Furious Dre
03-24-2010, 10:52 PM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent

- I have no problem with it, I play on my clans servers.
- I'm INCREDIBLY surprised I can run this game on medium-high with a 3850 and only lag when there's a ton of dust in my face...
- Small/rare issue, join a good server where people are happy to switch and balance the teams.
- They've said there was never a console to begin with.

We have not removed a console from BC2. The simple reason is that BC1 and BC2 never have had an in-game console. Which also means that the game won't be possible to hack in this regard.
Source: http://aperturegames.com/listnews.php?story=no-dev-console-available-in-battlefield-bad-company-2

Bottom line: MW2 is full of campers. :)

c wut eye deed thar?

rzarectah
03-24-2010, 10:58 PM
server connect via console ... who cares?

what's the point of dedicated servers if I can only connect to them on EA's terms instead of my own?

my favorite aspect of BF2 was playing the way my friends and I wanted on our own server without having to worry about authentication, but EA would rather treat us like children that should only be allowed to play a certain way.

rzarectah
03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
- They've said there was never a console to begin with.

this is a good thing because??????

Twombly
03-24-2010, 11:05 PM
The game was released in March, and it's still March. It hasn't been one month. On top of that; they're patching it every couple days, hackers are constantly being banned, server connect using a console that doesn't exist is difficult, and the server browser is vastly improved since release.

I'm not sure what the problem is. In 3 weeks they've improved the game a lot over release. Even if there are problems with XP (I am on XP and have no idea what you're talking about) I'm pretty sure they'll work on fixing that.

AbhorBlau
03-24-2010, 11:24 PM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent

Auto Balance: got bugged in one of the patches. It will be fixed.

Cheating: can be found in any pc game, if you look at PB-Bans CoD4 is the second most abused game.

The game is still relatively new, and the engine has never been used for any other game on PC, on top of which DICE severely underestimated the malicious aimbot creators ability to reverse engineer.

This is also the first PC Battlefield game in years and is the offspring of a console exclusive title.
While cheating will never be completly stopped in time it will tone done as the majority of cheaters get banned, and new games come out that grab the would-be cheaters attention away from BC2. Not to mention as DICE/Evenbalance improve detection of 3rd party cheating tools.

Performance Issues: This is a purely user-user basis. I personally have little issues with the exception of 10 c4 going off in my face which creates a minor lag spike.

I play w/ P5n32-e SLI Plus mobo, evga 640mb 8800 GTS gpu, 4gb ram, and a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz cpu on Windows 7 Ultimate.
@1280x1024, med graphics settings.

Server Browser: functional, but needs more filter options, and to save filter selections. But it works, and it works well.

Direct Connect: I completely agree it should have more options especially direct connection via IP ingame and cli.

==============================
==============================

My point being, it's only a month which is nothing in the longevity of the game. Especially compared to previous battlefield games patches.

The game does feel like it was shipped prematurely, but it's all patchable and they probably released it so that the consumer wouldn't have to wait. This has the added bonus of using the consumer to balance out more major tweaks instead of using purely internal testing teams.

The Beta: from what I see of it was more to test for crashes, and server load, rather than to fix balance issues.

You shouldn't insult the game simply because it doesn't match your personal criteria, I love the game and many others here do.
I'm not blind to the fact many things need fixing and many technical features like command line parameters need to be added.

I've played all CoD games from CoD1-CoDMW2, and I do not agree that MW2 is better. CoD is about fast paced infantry arenas.
Battlefield is about sandbox maps, with a mix of infantry classes, and vehicles. So that the gamer can play the way they want rather than being forced to play in an arena.

I will add though that,
CoD's story telling is much much better than BC's the BC2 story was shoddy, poorly written, bug ridden, unoriginal and inconsistent. But BF has always been about MP and not SP.

You should just give it time to get straightened out and give it another shot instead of getting the others riled up.

kaheiyeh
03-24-2010, 11:51 PM
server browser ... sucks (MW2 doesn't have one)
hackers ... prevalent (MW2 has loads more)
performance issues ... increased by the most recent patch (for xp users at least) (Only some people, like you, have this)
autobalance ... conspicuously missing (Can't even swap teams in MW2. They give you the button but it's always grayed out. I've never been able to swap team even once in MW2)
server connect via console ... missing as well (MW2 doesn't either)

bottom line: mw2 is better. (Flawed argument)

Go back to Call of Killstreaks: Modern Campfest 2 if you have a problem with it.

thermalburn
03-24-2010, 11:59 PM
I love how the OP makes a list of problems, all of which are readily applicable to MW2, and then claims that MW2 is better.

Apparently someone failed their college level Logic Class.

rzarectah
03-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Go back to Call of Killstreaks: Modern Campfest 2 if you have a problem with it.

lol yeah there's WAY more camping in mw2 than sniperfield: bc2.

[/sarcasm]

aelp
03-25-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaheiyeh View Post

lol yeah there's WAY more camping in mw2 than sniperfield: bc2.

[/sarcasm]

yeah but BC2 dosnt reward camping with a nuke now does it.

OP is clearly a Troll

Blind_Sniper_
03-25-2010, 12:53 AM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent

server browser - takes me 2, maybe 3 minutes from startup to get into a game of my choice. They need persistent filters though.

hackers - I've yet to see one (or one that was using any to much effect) in my 45ish hours of playing. Not sure I could call that prevalent

performance issues - I'm not gonna talk ♥♥♥♥, I have vista so I can't say running it for me means it should work for you

autobalance - this really is a problem sometimes, and the "honor system" doesn't always work

server connect via console - not my bag, not gonna talk ♥♥♥♥ here either

I'm not gonna touch the MW2 thing beyond the fact that I don't think anyone besides yourself cares about your opinion. I suppose this thread's still better than the MW2 1-liner threads I've seen though.

Ganondorf
03-25-2010, 12:55 AM
I think is ridiculous keep comparing MW2 with BC2.

I never played MW2 and I dont plan to. I just play BC2 and, like the first guy, I have to complain too about the bugs.

First of all, I ALWAYS have to activate all the filters cause it doesnt save. Then, the game doesnt save the insignias' dates as well as the classes' sets. I have to select weapons and etc, everytime.

Recently I got another bug but ingame. I was using the UAV, stop using it and then my char was spinning continuously. I tried everything to stop it but, it didnt. I had to close the game.
Then I was playing as a sniper and after a few reloads, got the same bug again.

It would be good if we could see the weapons' stars in the class selection screen, but thats just a bonus.

This game will need a few patches until it is almost bug-free.

Nopantz
03-25-2010, 01:06 AM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent

Only thing I agree with is auto balance. Hackers are getting banned left and right and I've only seen one in any server so far. I've simply had zero problems in the past two weeks. No ctd's, fps stuttering, d/c's...nothing like that. I think a lot of it comes down to understanding what the hell you're doing with a pc.

davep
03-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Another opinion based thread, grats. This game works completely fine also EA and most companies including Activision focus on their console version of the game over the PC one which is why this game isn't finished but it's still way more of a PC game then MW2 will ever be. Also like someone stated if you had played the beta you'd know that this game wouldn't be playable now if we were still playing it.

Most of the people who actually have a problem playing that game are computer handicapped and more then likely changed a setting on a file or installed a program that this game doesn't like, it's hard for any developer to test for something like that.

rzarectah
03-25-2010, 01:40 AM
Only thing I agree with is auto balance. Hackers are getting banned left and right and I've only seen one in any server so far. I've simply had zero problems in the past two weeks. No ctd's, fps stuttering, d/c's...nothing like that. I think a lot of it comes down to understanding what the hell you're doing with a pc.

game worked perfectly on my xp partition til last week's patch.

now the game runs slightly better on my win 7 partition but still lower FPS than I was getting in xp prior to the patch.

I'm not the only one with this problem, thousands of people on the web are complaining about it.

i7 920, 8GB, gtx 260

edit: consider that PB pretty much can catch about 5-10 percent of hackers, then look at how many have been banned, there's still a ton more out there.

rzarectah
03-25-2010, 01:46 AM
Another opinion based thread,grats.

Actually no, you clearly have no idea the difference between a fact and an opinion. I'll demonstrate:

FACTS:

BC2 lacks autobalance, a console, the ability to directly connect to game servers, performs poorly for a huge number of users that post recommended specs, and features a lovely little WHITE DOT.

OPINIONS:

This game works completely fine

this game isn't finished but it's still way more of a PC game then MW2 will ever be.

Good job showing everyone in the thread that you're a useless mouth breather!

El Sketchkov
03-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Everyone shut the ♥♥♥♥ up about MW2. IT'S NOT ♥♥♥♥ING GOOD, AT ALL!

Sanguine Fox
03-25-2010, 01:48 AM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent

You do realise MW2 has the exact same problems, right?

davep
03-25-2010, 01:57 AM
Actually no, you clearly have no idea the difference between a fact and an opinion. I'll demonstrate:

FACTS:

BC2 lacks autobalance, a console, the ability to directly connect to game servers, performs poorly for a huge number of users that post recommended specs, and features a lovely little WHITE DOT.

OPINIONS:

Good job showing everyone in the thread that you're a useless mouth breather!

There's more people who play BC2 then MW2 so it obviously works. Also MW2 lacks a console, lacks autobalance since it's a terrible lobby based game, the ability to directly connect to game servers since there isn't any and the only people who have problems with the recommended specs as I said before are the computer handicapped individuals who don't know what they are doing with a computer.

Also your whole post is opinionated since the server browser is fine for me and many other, I haven't seen one hacker unlike in MW2 where they are running rampant now more then ever before, there are no performance issues for me and many others. Autobalance will be fixed as DICE has mentioned, it's there but only happens after map change and there was no mention of a console so I don't see why that was even on your ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ list.

rzarectah
03-25-2010, 02:00 AM
Also your whole post is opinionated

Please refer to my above post where I demonstrate the difference between facts and opinions, if you still don't understand you may want to consult a dictionary.

Don't give up though! With enough hard work even you, are capable of understanding this type of basic concept, just keep climbing that mountain!

davep
03-25-2010, 02:12 AM
Please refer to my above post where I demonstrate the difference between facts and opinions, if you still don't understand you may want to consult a dictionary.

Don't give up though! With enough hard work even you, are capable of understanding this type of basic concept, just keep climbing that mountain!

damn you are pretty ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

server browser ... sucks
it might suck for you but it is fine for me and tons of other people which is why it's your opinion that it sucks, now if you had said the server browser filtering is lacking then that would be a fact as it's missing a few options but nothing to cry over.
hackers ... prevalent
this could be considered a fact as they are prevalent in any game that is played on a PC, but the irony is your are trying to compare this to MW2 where the cheating has gone rampant since there last patch which was over a month or 2 ago
another opinion based comment as only some people are having issues which could be fixed by the user themselves, like i've said the issues lie withing the users drivers, software and other things they have changed on their computer
autobalance is in the game but only comes into play when the map restarts so no it's not conspicuously missing, this is neither a fact nor opinion it's just you talking out of your ♥♥♥
this is also fact but there was never any mention about the game having a console unlike MW2 which the ♥♥♥♥ing manual states that it should have one

your final statement is also your opinion

Also I'm a Call of Duty veteran and have played CoD1, CoD2, CoD4 and MW2 from their release dates till their deaths all competitively (minus MW2 as there is no way that game could ever be competitive). CoD1 and CoD2 were the best installments IW ever released which is pretty self explanatory by how long they lasted compared to CoD4 and MW2, the first 2 games lasted 2 years worth where CoD4 only got a year in and MW2 barely lasted 6 months before the decline in the player base.

rzarectah
03-25-2010, 02:19 AM
it might suck for you but it is fine for me and tons of other people which is why it's your opinion that it sucks, now if you had said the server browser filtering is lacking then that would be a fact as it's missing a few options but nothing to cry over.

take a vote on this forum, my bet is that consensus is: it sucks.

plus it's missing some pretty *basic* DUH worthy features.

another opinion based comment as only some people are having issues which could be fixed by the user themselves, like i've said the issues lie withing the users drivers, software and other things they have changed on their computer

lots of people are reporting that last week's patch nuked their performance in xp, these are people that played the game perfectly fine prior to the patch.

that's not an opinion.

autobalance is in the game but only comes into play when the map restarts so no it's not conspicuously missing, this is neither a fact nor opinion it's just you talking out of your ♥♥♥

lol wtf is the point of autobalance that doesn't take place during the round???

creating balanced teams before the round starts IS NOT autobalance by any stretch of the imagination.

this is also fact but there was never any mention about the game having a console unlike MW2 which the ♥♥♥♥ing manual states that it should have one

MW2 barely lasted 6 months before the decline in the player base.

Yes, this is why there are more people playing MW2 now than at launch, and why more people still play it than play BC2!

davep
03-25-2010, 02:28 AM
There are more people who play BFBC2 then MW2 and that is fact. Use http://bfbcs.com/ and look at the side later tomorrow and then go to http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ and look at the current players for both not the peak as the BFBC one doesn't show peak. There was another thread posted that showed only 60,000~ playing MW2 earlier today and 75,000~ playing BFBC2.

take a vote on this forum, my bet is that consensus is: it sucks.

plus it's missing some pretty *basic* DUH worthy features.
you want me to put up a vote on an online forum full of idiots like yourself and you are saying that's not straight opinionated? damn you are dumb as hell

lots of people are reporting that last week's patch nuked their performance in xp, these are people that played the game perfectly fine prior to the patch.

that's not an opinion.
user error issues result in being opinionated since they could fix it but are to ignorant to do it and rather complain like yourself

lol wtf is the point of autobalance that doesn't take place during the round???

creating balanced teams before the round starts IS NOT autobalance by any stretch of the imagination.

this is also fact but there was never any mention about the game
like i said that is fact but it also has been addressed by DICE that it will be fixed, your reading comprehension is terrible.

South__
03-25-2010, 02:30 AM
wait for the next huge patch.

server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent

omg you are paranoid from hackers caz of mw2.
dont talk ♥♥♥♥

rzarectah
03-25-2010, 02:31 AM
user error issues result in being opinionated since they could fix it but are to ignorant to do it and rather complain like yourself

People who had the game work perfectly, NO LONGER HAD IT WORK PERFECTLY, after the patch.

THAT IS NOT USER ERROR.

your reading comprehension is terrible.

This clearly applies more to you here.

Spykirby
03-25-2010, 02:34 AM
IT'S JUST THE BETA :)

Sanguine Fox
03-25-2010, 02:38 AM
You do realise MW2 has the exact same problems, right?
Ahem...
Why don't ya come over here and pick on facts your own size.
;)

Coquito
03-25-2010, 02:40 AM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent

hasnt been a month yet. Oh n your doing it wrong.

davep
03-25-2010, 02:42 AM
People who had the game work perfectly, NO LONGER HAD IT WORK PERFECTLY, after the patch.

THAT IS NOT USER ERROR.

Have you read anything I've posted... most of those issues are solved by fixing drivers or changing something that was changed previously. So yes it's a user error, when only a handful are having issues it's user error. If everyone had those issues then it would be the games fault but everyone isn't having performance issues so it is user error. I could try not using big words if that would help.

davep
03-25-2010, 02:44 AM
IT'S JUST THE BETA :)

you obviously didn't play the beta or you wouldn't be saying that, this game is a huge change from the beta

Spykirby
03-25-2010, 02:53 AM
you obviously didn't play the beta or you wouldn't be saying that, this game is a huge change from the beta

:) lol

davep
03-25-2010, 02:57 AM

Spykirby
03-25-2010, 03:24 AM

it's pretty clear that u weren't on the forum at the time of the beta :)

NearNihil
03-25-2010, 03:35 AM
What's so hard about this? Report thread as troll thread, 1-star, move on. :/

Aegis^Byrth
03-25-2010, 03:56 AM
you happy about the game performance != game running well overall .

Stop being f*anboys and THINK for a moment before you troll, geez.

Its not even that hard, its common sense, the game was bought by ALOT of other people, not just you.

cocidius
03-25-2010, 04:07 AM
OP is butt hurt that his pc is inferior and cannot run BC2 the way "HE WANTS IT TO". You could have prestiged twice by now if you didn't keep ranting on about how you love MW2 compared to BC2, so do us all a favour go play MW2 and gtfo.

Nethlem
03-25-2010, 04:31 AM
I play on win 7, but reports of the patch nuking FPS and causing massive crashing in xp are pretty commonplace around the web ...

That's what you wrote first... so you said yourself that you based your complaint on "reports around the web".

game worked perfectly on my xp partition til last week's patch.

now the game runs slightly better on my win 7 partition but still lower FPS than I was getting in xp prior to the patch.

I'm not the only one with this problem, thousands of people on the web are complaining about it.

17 920, 8GB, gtx 260

And suddenly you base it on your own experience..
Thousands of people complaining about it? Yet this forum seams pretty calm and steam forums are usually among the first places to explode from anger and rage if something get's broken.

Btw have much fun playing on your 17 920, no this isn't a typo.. you don't know a thing about PC gaming or PC hardware and i doubt that this is your hardware when you don't even know how to write it. Maybe also explains why you like MW2, because you don't know crap about PC's.

cypherx82
03-25-2010, 04:59 AM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent

I've got no problems.
Haven't found a single one.
Why are you using a 9 year old OS?
It's there but not very good.
Yes but there was no console to begin with.

Bottom line: You're wrong.

ItsaMeEllis
03-25-2010, 05:36 AM
Gay MW2 fanboy, gtfo. Server bowser - ♥♥♥♥laod amount better than MW2's insta-join (That disconnects you 2/3 of time you connect)
Hackers - Haven't seen on my 30 hours yet.
Performance issues - None, but I still prefer playing on 16-24 player servers.
32 are just so messy :o. FPS keeps on to 25-45, which is enough to me :). With my ATI HD 4830 :D
Autobalance - Maybe, but MW2 has that issue too. Parties. 5 guys that play MW2 24/7 VS some pubbers - Pwned hard. :/.
Server connect via console - Don't care.

RandomgrunT
03-25-2010, 06:37 AM
OP the solution is simple. If your so unhappy with the game, swallow your pride, except the fact you lost 50 dollars, uninstall the game and go play something else.

But we all know you wont, just looking for attention is all you are doing

cristianesza
03-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Gay MW2 Hammer Legion Member, gtfo. Server bowser - ♥♥♥♥laod amount better than MW2's insta-join (That disconnects you 2/3 of time you connect)
Hackers - Haven't seen on my 30 hours yet.
Performance issues - None, but I still prefer playing on 16-24 player servers.
32 are just so messy :o. FPS keeps on to 25-45, which is enough to me :). With my ATI HD 4830 :D
Autobalance - Maybe, but MW2 has that issue too. Parties. 5 guys that play MW2 24/7 VS some pubbers - Pwned hard. :/.
Server connect via console - Don't care.

you do realize this is a troll thread, don't you? ... and what you wrote was exactly the kind of response the OP was looking for.

kylo360
03-25-2010, 08:59 AM
server browser ... it actually has one
hackers ... less than mw2
performance issues ... wow it's 2010 and a popular fps isn't running on a tuned up quake 3 engine? madness!
autobalance ... i'll give you this
server connect via console ... unlike mw2!

ItsaMeEllis
03-25-2010, 09:06 AM
you do realize this is a troll thread, don't you? ... and what you wrote was exactly the kind of response the OP was looking for.

Herp, why not, I haven't learned not to feed trolls. But I'll learn, and you'll be proud of me, dad.

Samus
03-25-2010, 09:08 AM
stupid troll.... This game kicks ♥♥♥

krazyxazn
03-25-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm not sure what process PB uses to catch hackers, but it is working. Last week PB had only 73 bans. Now its at 635 Bans.

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-latest50-bfbc2-lfb36.html

DOE_JOHN88
03-25-2010, 09:25 AM
lol mw2 better than bc2 what a joke

Atranox
03-25-2010, 10:10 AM
I guess I'll bite.

server browser ... sucks

Works for me. Check filters, search, join a server. I'm in a game in about 30 seconds and good to go.

hackers ... prevalent

Haven't seen a single one on a PB server. If you want to see hacks, play MW2. Believe it or not, you might just be bad at the game.

60-90 FPS on Window 7 with max settings. No issues here.

As noted in the stickied thread, they're adding it.

How terrible.

lol

UWReason3D
03-25-2010, 10:34 AM
server browser ... awesome
hackers ... being banned by PB
performance issues ... no decrease noticed
autobalance ... being worked on
server connect via console ... missing, but if you can spell the name you can find it in seconds

bottom line: BC2 is Awesome.

i think the same thing man, gg.

HK11
03-25-2010, 10:42 AM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent

I can only really agree on autobalance. Connecting to an IP would be cool, but it doesnt break the game.

rzarectah
03-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Have you read anything I've posted... most of those issues are solved by fixing drivers or changing something that was changed previously. So yes it's a user error, when only a handful are having issues it's user error. If everyone had those issues then it would be the games fault but everyone isn't having performance issues so it is user error. I could try not using big words if that would help.

Ignorance is bliss eh?

rzarectah
03-25-2010, 10:51 AM
OP is butt hurt that his pc is inferior and cannot run BC2 the way "HE WANTS IT TO". You could have prestiged twice by now if you didn't keep ranting on about how you love MW2 compared to BC2, so do us all a favour go play MW2 and gtfo.

game runs pretty well for me, although last week's patch reduced framerate for me in win 7 and broke the game in win xp I still get acceptable enough rates in 7 to play.

except the crappy server browser makes getting into a game a mind numbing exercise in masochism.

rzarectah
03-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Haven't found a single one.

PB has, which means there are even more out there, lots of threads on this forum even complain about hackers.

Why are you using a 9 year old OS?

why are more than half of PC users using a 9 year old OS?

why did the game get higher framerates on a 9 year old OS until the patch that nuked xp performance?

Yes but there was no console to begin with.

This is a good thing because???

Bottom line: You're wrong.

you're a fanboi lulz

Shark131
03-25-2010, 10:57 AM
I don't get it. I have absolutely no problem with the browser after the latest patch, Awesome performance (Able to run all high dx10), I haven't seen one hacker yet (I know they are out there), only problem with the balance is people need to not be afraid to lose and switch to the lesser side. I can live without a console. I haven't played mw2 since bc2 launch, bc2 is an all around better game and will get more attention from the devs than mw2.

Lokust
03-25-2010, 11:08 AM
PB is doing its job with hackers in my opinion. Given its history, I think it has been improved.

rzarectah
03-25-2010, 11:11 AM
PB is doing its job with hackers in my opinion. Given its history, I think it has been improved.

I agree that PB kicks hackers, but we all know that PB can only detect a very small number of hackers that rely on specific types of exploits, not ALL hackers and especially not the BEST hackers that rely on newer techniques.

So look at the numbers, 700 people banned by PB, there are probably at least 7000 more hackers out there just doing it better.

UWReason3D
03-25-2010, 11:14 AM
so MW2 doesnt have hackers? i dont understand your point now.

davep
03-25-2010, 11:46 AM
it's pretty clear that u weren't on the forum at the time of the beta :)

i was and tons of people couldn't play it unlike now where there's 200,000 people playing and 80k+ playing at a given time

SpunkyKuma
03-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Game runs great for me in Win 7 64bit, server browser is much faster now and I have 10+ favorites already. Hackers prevalent? I stay on PB enabled servers, autobalance is needed, console isn't important.

davep
03-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Ignorance is bliss eh?

irony, i stated this thread was another opinionated thread and proved it. you on the other hand haven't said anything to prove that it isn't because you can't.

SpunkyKuma
03-25-2010, 11:51 AM
So look at the numbers, 700 people banned by PB, there are probably at least 7000 more hackers out there just doing it better.

There are more than 700 banned, that 700 is only listed from streaming servers.

And when IW announced that they had VAC ban 2500+ hackers on the first batch, there were at least 60,000+ more still hacking on a daily basis.

Caveman2
03-25-2010, 11:52 AM

I thought so too... But then I gave Modern Warfare 2 another go.
And guess what? 5 minutes to find a game, and when I do I'm pinging over 200. I get into the game and the first thing I see is "skoprion leave you ♥♥♥♥ing cheater!!!" so I decide to leave the game. About 2 minutes later when I manage to find another game I join the same game again with the same cheater.

analytical
03-25-2010, 11:52 AM
This same guy (OP) came here and posted a troll thread durng the beta if I'm not mistaken, it seems he hasn't learned anything since.

Nethlem
03-25-2010, 12:05 PM
There are more than 700 banned, that 700 is only listed from streaming servers.

And when IW announced that they had VAC ban 2500+ hackers on the first batch, there were at least 60,000+ more still hacking on a daily basis.

The irony in that is that many of these 2500+ hackers that got banned first had been banned for using the console in MW2.

The very same thing Mr Troll complains about not having in BC2 :D

vladdy
03-25-2010, 12:18 PM
server browser ... sucks
hackers ... prevalent

MW2 has no server browser, and battlefield's isn't really bad anymore. Click cancel and wait 5 seconds for some servers. Favorite ones you like, and don't deal with unrealiable hosts (i.e. MW2 Peer to Peer)
MW2 has more hackers, MUCH MORE.
I went into a match last night and there were 2 on each team.
The performance issues are because the game has better graphics- more detail, actual physics, higher resolution textures, better models, larger maps, more objects on-screen, and is being run on a new system. MW2 doesn't lag easily because of it's simplicity.
MW2 has no autobalance, but I guess it doesn't matter since the games are 8v8 at MAX.
MW2 has no console as well as BFBC2.

MoreRPGsPlease
03-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Lets face it, both MW2 and BC2 are console ports. BC2 being slightly better.

I'm still waiting for a good modern PC FPS.

Hunter-Killer
03-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Who gave the OP +rep?

Exactly.

davep
03-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Lets face it, both MW2 and BC2 are console ports. BC2 being slightly better.

I'm still waiting for a good modern PC FPS.

Ya both are console ports but that's because the PC developers for DICE had to work off the console version and now are working bit by bit to make it as close to a PC game as possible. That was known from the start of the beta when they stated they had 2 versions of the beta and we got the old one because the newer one would probably have compatibility issues since it was the one that was fixed up from the PS3 and 360 beta tests.

Zeeso
03-25-2010, 02:36 PM
How do you expect anyone to take you seriously OP
You listed small issues with BC2 That are currently working to be resolved through DICE, they keep the community informed.
The reasons you listed apparently make you prefer MW2 more.
But the reasons you listed, are 10x worse in MW2 in all aspects. There is ZERO support for the PC version. The problems are completely ignored and there is NO communication between community and developer. Yet you prefer MW2?

This is what I gathered from your post. You are an idiot. That is all.

rzarectah
03-25-2010, 03:45 PM
The irony in that is that many of these 2500+ hackers that got banned first had been banned for using the console in MW2.

The very same thing Mr Troll complains about not having in BC2 :D

the fact that bc2 lacks a console is pretty much absolute proof that EA thinks we're all children that shouldn't be able to play the game on our own terms.

there is nothing good about not having a console, it's a huge DUH feature that every PC game should have.

Sierra Oscar
03-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Then go play MW2 and stop posting in this forum section . . .