PDA

View Full Version : Endless Wave mode

Worm Shoes
03-25-2010, 04:40 AM
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned but...,

Wouldn't it be cool if there was an endless wave mode that kind of has the same rules as Tower defence games?

It's like the zeds just walk and don't attack and they have to reach a certain area and if they do you lose a life (say 30) for each one that breaks through and gets to the Zed Zone.

So basically you have to hold out in one spot to stop them getting through and as time goes on the zeds get more hit points and speed.
We start off with Perk 1 stats, but that increases the more kills you get so say after 100kills (but kills are not shared with the team just single kills you get) you get perk 2 stats?
And before the game starts you choose you're weapons (depending on what char you pic) and you have to stick with them until you fail.

The maps would be quite simple, basically a longish corridor leading from point A to B, and we spawn near the Zed destination Zone and hold out there...but we can not cross the zed's path - 3 on one side 3 on another and maybe a bridge linking the two sections so we can cross over...but the zeds go underneath?

But basically a wave game like Tower Defence but for Killing Floor?

Any good or?

** I would add a picture to show what I mean but I don't know how to add pictures on here :(

RalphMalph
03-25-2010, 05:19 AM
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned but...,

Wouldn't it be cool if there was an endless wave mode that kind of has the same rules as Tower defence games?

It's like the zeds just walk and don't attack and they have to reach a certain area and if they do you lose a life (say 30) for each one that breaks through and gets to the Zed Zone.

So basically you have to hold out in one spot to stop them getting through and as time goes on the zeds get more hit points and speed.
We start off with Perk 1 stats, but that increases the more kills you get so say after 100kills (but kills are not shared with the team just single kills you get) you get perk 2 stats?
And before the game starts you choose you're weapons (depending on what char you pic) and you have to stick with them until you fail.

The maps would be quite simple, basically a longish corridor leading from point A to B, and we spawn near the Zed destination Zone and hold out there...but we can not cross the zed's path - 3 on one side 3 on another and maybe a bridge linking the two sections so we can cross over...but the zeds go underneath?

But basically a wave game like Tower Defence but for Killing Floor?

Any good or?

** I would add a picture to show what I mean but I don't know how to add pictures on here :(

What an awesome new way to disguise a grind map.

Worm Shoes
03-25-2010, 05:30 AM
What an awesome new way to disguise a grind map.

Lol ;)

It's a different game mode I mean, so whatever happens in this game mode doesn't count towards your perk level in any way.

Every time you start you begin at level 1.

RalphMalph
03-25-2010, 05:34 AM
Well, if theres no overall perk progression playing it, just for the session, then Im all for your new game mode.

Cpt. Fleet
03-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Demolitions would own that.

Zaqq
03-25-2010, 09:51 AM
KF-Survival maybe

CannibalBob
03-25-2010, 10:16 AM
I think it's a great idea since specific classes become more important. For example, the ol' Xbow becomes imperative since one-shotting fleshpounders is a must. Commandos would become even more important since they become responsible for hunting down those invisible stalkers who would eventually wear down your life accumulator.

As with every map, the quality of the map makes a huge difference. There should be multiple entrances to the 'end goal' and there should never be a 'one-way' part of the map (like in Doom 2).

Worm Shoes
03-26-2010, 01:23 AM
Demolitions would own that.

Lol true ;) But like any good Tower Defence style game there are always immunities so it doesn't end up being pure spam.

There would be explosive resistant zeds, fire resistant, pierce resistant, invisible zeds and so on!

That way you will need to have a good balance of classes to succeed/increase your chances of lasting longer.

KF-Survival maybe

Is that a name of a map already that has done this? :eek:

As with every map, the quality of the map makes a huge difference. There should be multiple entrances to the 'end goal' and there should never be a 'one-way' part of the map (like in Doom 2).

That is very, very true :)

Doing something like that will keep everyone on their toes rushing around like loons :p

trilance
03-26-2010, 01:52 AM
KF-Survival is a map where the survivors are contained within a circle with weapons of every kind spread evenly among the inside. It takes place in a desert-like map with the specimens spawning out from 'graves' endlessly, overwhelming players fairly easily.

Grease
03-26-2010, 02:15 AM
kf_survival isn't really a good map imo :/

If it was released as a mutator so that I could use it on a decent map where I can actually move around, then it would be fun...

trilance
03-26-2010, 02:49 AM
Indeed. My friends and I tried out the map before even knowing what it was.

Ultimately, it became a map we mutually agreed to never touch again.