Xiled
03-25-2010, 02:20 PM
whenever ity to start the Just Cause2 Demo It says

Fatal DirectX error!
Code:2
Result:0x0: S_OK

The game will now exit. Try starting the game in /Failsafe if the
problemb persists.

I have checked the system reqs for the game and the only one that i seem to not have is thr gfx card, I have a ATI Radeon x1300 pro.
Is that the problemb?
any suggestions greatly appretiated, also, how do you even start a game in /failsafe?

Trracer
03-25-2010, 02:26 PM
What operating system do you have? You are aware that JC2 is DX10+ only, meaning Vista or better.

Xiled
03-25-2010, 02:27 PM
What operating system do you have? You are aware that JC2 is DX10+ only, meaning Vista or better.

Vista Home Premium

Darkstar83
03-25-2010, 02:29 PM

No need to ask that because...

X1300 Pro doesn't support DX10. It only supports DX9.0c.

Xiled
03-25-2010, 02:33 PM
No need to ask that because...

X1300 Pro doesn't support DX10. It only supports DX9.0c.

Wowww seriously? thats ♥♥♥♥ing lame, now i see why PC gaming is starting to die off, now a days you buy an XBOX and your ♥♥♥♥ing set, just download everything else for practially free.
Now i have to go off and spend another ♥♥♥♥ing 200 bucks on a gfx card. FML

Alkpaz2
03-25-2010, 03:26 PM
PC gaming is a hobby, if you are not willing to spend money on a hobby, then don't. PC gaming isn't dead, so long as games (console, cellphone, etc) are still made on a PC.. :P

the_mitch28
03-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Wowww seriously? thats ♥♥♥♥ing lame, now i see why PC gaming is starting to die off, now a days you buy an XBOX and your ♥♥♥♥ing set, just download everything else for practially free.

Well it's not like this type of thing is a recent occurrence, new dx versions of graphics cards have been coming out for years. We're currently up to our 11th iteration so it's really the beginning of the end for dx9 just like dx8 before it.

Also DX10 graphics cards came out the same time as this generation of consoles, so you would be just as 'set' if you chose to upgrade instead of buy an xbox.

ShellM591
03-25-2010, 07:12 PM

Aren't we forgetting a certain flaw with the Xbox? One that would disprove your theory of being 'set'? One that I and many, many others have experienced on multiple occasions?