PDA

View Full Version : How good is the Multiplayer exactly ?

dolmong
03-26-2010, 07:09 AM
I heard lots of positive things about this upcoming multiplayer only M&B. I got the original but I didn't get hook up a lot though, but me myself is a multiplayer and I love to play online more!

Anyway, so How good is the game? Hows does it work online?? Skirmish?? or just like the original you go around the map picking out people to fight you ???

can you give me more details ?!?! I am so looking forward to see if I should pre-order now.

AeneasXI
03-26-2010, 07:35 AM
I heard lots of positive things about this upcoming multiplayer only M&B. I got the original but I didn't get hook up a lot though, but me myself is a multiplayer and I love to play online more!

Anyway, so How good is the game? Hows does it work online?? Skirmish?? or just like the original you go around the map picking out people to fight you ???

can you give me more details ?!?! I am so looking forward to see if I should pre-order now.

well there will be several multiplayer gamemodes like team deathmatch, deatchmatch, i think a siege mode and some others too i can't recall their names ^^

There will be a singleplayer campaign too which will be like the first mount & blade but refined gameplay, totally new map, a new faction and so on.

For multiplayer you will be able to choose from servers and join directly into battles. No campaign map there I think.

edit: found it =]
Oh and yes the game is awesome :D played it for over 80hours and I still havnt touched alot of mods yet ;)

"Multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege"

"Multiplayer equipment system: Earn money by fighting opponents or accomplishing goals"

"A campaign allowing you to become the ruler of a faction and convince lords to become your vassals"

"The ability to upgrade your companions to vassals by granting them lands"

From the steam store page... have a look go to the games under "comming soon"

So its both. Like the original but better graphics, better controls more possibilities, etc etc + huge multiplayer battles in 6 different gamemmodes

howitzer133
03-26-2010, 07:39 AM
the multiplayers game play in a way like counterstrike, players get some money and choose the affordable equipment in the begining, then you will enter a big map and fight against others.
while you kill others, you will get score and it will record on a list.

there are some types of game that you can choose, such as team deathmatch, deathmatch, cature the flag, castle siege and castle defense

udinthrik
03-26-2010, 09:38 AM
well there will be several multiplayer gamemodes like team deathmatch, deatchmatch, i think a siege mode and some others too i can't recall their names ^^

There will be a singleplayer campaign too which will be like the first mount & blade but refined gameplay, totally new map, a new faction and so on.

For multiplayer you will be able to choose from servers and join directly into battles. No campaign map there I think.

edit: found it =]
Oh and yes the game is awesome :D played it for over 80hours and I still havnt touched alot of mods yet ;)

"Multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege"

"Multiplayer equipment system: Earn money by fighting opponents or accomplishing goals"

"A campaign allowing you to become the ruler of a faction and convince lords to become your vassals"

From the steam store page... have a look go to the games under "comming soon"

So its both. Like the original but better graphics, better controls more possibilities, etc etc + huge multiplayer battles in 6 different gamemmodes

both of this are either diasabled or not implemented yet i believe. i personally think the combat is way to slow in multiplayer as well, but mods will hopefully come otu speeding it up.

AeneasXI
03-26-2010, 06:28 PM

both of this are either diasabled or not implemented yet i believe. i personally think the combat is way to slow in multiplayer as well, but mods will hopefully come otu speeding it up.

I am sure those things will be implemented until launch, otherwise they wouldnt be listed features on the storepage.
And for balance... well thats always something up for discussion. I am sure they will get it right.

dolmong
03-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Sounds cool so far especially the 64 people can play in the match.

However, I wanna ask if you earn something in the dedicated server and then you upgrade your character, can it be carry forward to another dedicated server ?

If it can then it is worth to play and collect many things!

AeneasXI
03-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Sounds cool so far especially the 64 people can play in the match.

However, I wanna ask if you earn something in the dedicated server and then you upgrade your character, can it be carry forward to another dedicated server ?

If it can then it is worth to play and collect many things!

well the game uses a system simliar to games like counterstrike and killing floor, where you make money in the battle threw killing ppl and maybe other things, with which you then upgrade your armor, horse, weapons etc.

I personally think this is the BEST system ever to be used in multiplayer games and all games that use it ROCK!!!

Ansonr
03-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Can you access the Multiplayer beta through steam, I bought it today and single player works fine, but multiplayer does not.

AeneasXI
03-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Can you access the Multiplayer beta through steam, I bought it today and single player works fine, but multiplayer does not.

http://beta.taleworlds.com/download.aspx

enter your key there, then download the multiplayer beta from there.

and here for the newest patch

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,101950.0.html

hope that helped.

Frankmanic
03-27-2010, 03:20 AM
It's pretty awesome. Varied game modes, solid mechanics, lot of good people to play with.

ZanyCynic
03-27-2010, 11:49 AM
I like Mount & Blade very much.
I don't like the multi player. (beta of course)
No feeling to accomplish something.
It is fun for a while. But you get nowhere.

AeneasXI
03-30-2010, 10:03 AM
I like Mount & Blade very much.
I don't like the multi player. (beta of course)
No feeling to accomplish something.
It is fun for a while. But you get nowhere.

Then you didn't get a handle of the battle system yet =] It is very rewarding and you get a great sense of accomplishment for some of the cooler kills ;) (slice the legs of the horse, then slay its rider immediately.
Shooting a Mounted Warrior off his horse while in motion feels very good I have to tell ya :D

And there can be nothing more satisfying than slicing your way threw a group of 5enemies in a row with a huge battle axe or 2H sword xD

Harle
03-30-2010, 10:18 AM
I think he is saying that there is no sense of long-term goals, like there is in campaign mode. I tend to agree. Although players are more interesting to fight in general, the combat itself loses some of its quality when there isn't anything at stake. You die, you respawn. If you lose the fight, you just fight another one. There's nothing to gain and nothing to lose, just the thrill of the fight. Which is fine for a lot of people, but as more of a strategy gamer myself, it's not really enough to keep me interested. I like knowing that the fate of a castle or something lies in the outcome of a battle, and then fighting it. That is a very satisfying feeling, whether you win or lose, and it's something the multiplayer completely lacks.

ZanyCynic
03-30-2010, 10:24 AM
I think he is saying that there is no sense of long-term goals

Exactly.

rushtodeath
03-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I admit that if there was a leveling up system like BFBC2 or MW2 or something, this game would be addictive as hell. Otherwise, I enjoy it alot. Very fun. Kind of a cluster♥♥♥♥ at times. Like M&B SP, there is nothing really like M&B MP- so you should pick it up for the originality of it if nothing else.

The closest analogue I have to the M&B MP is Jedi Knight, and Jedi Knight Academy. (Man I miss lightsaber duels.)

BTW: lawlpike.

Mormacil
03-30-2010, 01:05 PM
JK Jedi Academy was pure gold that had a baby with awesomeness. I miss it too :(

rial2209
03-30-2010, 01:08 PM
First I loved it, then I go ta bit tired of it, and then I started loving it more than my girlfriend.

ZanyCynic
03-30-2010, 02:16 PM
How sure are you, that your girl friend is not reading here ? :-)

rial2209
03-30-2010, 04:08 PM
How sure are you, that your girl friend is not reading here ? :-)

I'm a very honest person. I say it to her face :D

Ninja736
03-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Does anyone know if the multiplayer is server based? I assume the servers are run by the players, and not the devs.

KevinJ
03-30-2010, 06:48 PM
There are dev based servers and user based servers. It can be ran from a "listen" server or dedicated server.
Only place I know of currently renting out warband servers is www.jestservers.com

Apollo
03-31-2010, 09:18 AM
well the game uses a system simliar to games like counterstrike and killing floor, where you make money in the battle threw killing ppl and maybe other things, with which you then upgrade your armor, horse, weapons etc.

I personally think this is the BEST system ever to be used in multiplayer games and all games that use it ROCK!!!

i hope it is stored then such as hlstatsx program. because otherwise everytime you go on for a quick game you will be back wearing women's dresses or bloody nomad boots

se05239
03-31-2010, 09:51 AM
I played the Multiplayer Beta and it went from "whoa" to "bleh" in a few days. I cannot really do anything against "those" players that are godlike without cheats.

Skyrage
03-31-2010, 12:55 PM
"Those" players have played a while and learned the ropes. Just like in any other multiplayer game.

KevinJ
03-31-2010, 10:08 PM
I can't wait for some RTS like elements to be put into it like in the single player. Not to mention MODs, remember those?

mriguy
04-01-2010, 12:09 AM
There are dev based servers and user based servers. It can be ran from a "listen" server or dedicated server.
Only place currently selling the warband servers is www.jestservers.com

The dedicated server code is already out. It's Windows based, although it was mentioned that there may eventually be a Linux release. Like Killing Floor, many server operators are a little slow picking it up. My server dude was unfamiliar with the game and I sent him the server links today. If your preferred server farm does not offer it, just ask them. Give it about a week.