PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Valve in the March Mayhem Developers bracket on The Escapist!

<SEyE>Bacon
03-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Vote for Valve in the March Mayhem Developers bracket on The Escapist!
OK so I didn't see a post about this and I hope that I am not late to the party but they are doing a March Mayhem thing over at The Escapist. Valve has already beat out Treasure and Visceral Games and they are currently up against Ubisoft Montreal. They are winning but we need to make sure they keep on winning!

Here's the site:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/tournaments/standings/2-2010-March-Mayhem-Developers-Showdown

If you click on the matchups it will take you to the forums where you can vote. If you have a Facebook account, you can just use that to vote instead of making a whole new account.

So have fun and vote for Valve!

EDIT: Valve pretty much creamed Ubisoft! Woot! Next up is Bethesda. This one may be a little tougher so let's get out there and show our support!!

P.S. Also vote AGAINST Zynga (the people who make those crappy Facebook games like Farmville). While they shouldn't be in there in the first, they are knocking out the competition left and right and it needs to stop.

Tumdace
03-26-2010, 08:33 AM
Vote for Valve in the March Mayhem Developers bracket on The Escapist!
OK so I didn't see a post about this and I hope that I am not late to the party but they are doing a March Mayhem thing over at The Escapist. Valve has already beat out Treasure and Visceral Games and they are currently up against Ubisoft Montreal. They are winning but we need to make sure they keep on winning!

Here's the site:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/glob...opers-Showdown

If you click on the matchups it will take you to the forums where you can vote. If you have a Facebook account, you can just use that to vote instead of making a whole new account.

So have fun and vote for Valve!

P.S. Also vote AGAINST Zynga (the people who make those crappy Facebook games like Farmville). While they shouldn't be in there in the first, they are knocking out the competition left and right and it needs to stop.

Bad link, "access forbidden".

On topic: As long as Turbine doesnt win again...

<SEyE>Bacon
03-26-2010, 08:36 AM
fixed. sorry about that.

Tumdace
03-26-2010, 08:42 AM
BTW how does Zynga beat NCsoft AND Infinity Ward, and they sure as hell should not beat Rockstar North.

Just because almost 100 million people play some ♥♥♥♥ty ♥♥♥ flash game online makes them a good developer?

<SEyE>Bacon
03-26-2010, 08:53 AM
BTW how does Zynga beat NCsoft AND Infinity Ward, and they sure as hell should not beat Rockstar North.

Just because almost 100 million people play some ♥♥♥♥ty ♥♥♥ flash game online makes them a good developer?

Yeah that's what pretty much everyone on the escapist forums are saying too...doesn't make any sense why they are in this competition.

Dagspöket
03-26-2010, 09:07 AM
What the... Zynga is in round three and leading versus Rockstar North? :eek:

LATTEH
03-26-2010, 09:24 AM
not voting have to use fagbook no thanks

mmatique
03-26-2010, 09:27 AM
voted for valve and bioware. the only ones that deserve it!

Panikarn
03-26-2010, 09:35 AM
voted for valve and bioware. the only ones that deserve it!

Amen. I also think Bethesda is worthy of a vote but they're third in my book.

mmatique
03-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Amen. I also think Bethesda is worthy of a vote but they're third in my book.

I agree.
I loved oblivion so much more than fallout.
They need to do more with that.

Panikarn
03-26-2010, 09:55 AM
I agree.
I loved oblivion so much more than fallout.
They need to do more with that.

Haha yeah! I got bored with fallout 3 after about six hours but Oblivion is probably my most played single player game ever with well over one hundred hours :)

otsego_amigo
03-26-2010, 10:17 AM
the survey is hosted on facebook... hmmm why does farmville win? ?!?!!? the world may never know

TwinWorlds
03-26-2010, 06:08 PM
OH GOD UBISOFT VS VALVE. GOD, I <3 HALF-LIFE, PORTAL AND TF2. BUT I ALSO <3 ASSASSINS CREED. OH GOD HELP. ALSO, BUNGIE VS BLIZZARD? OH GOD MORE CHOICES.

Oh, yeah, and farmville sucks.

Flamma Man
03-26-2010, 06:59 PM
OH GOD UBISOFT VS VALVE. GOD, I <3 HALF-LIFE, PORTAL AND TF2. BUT I ALSO <3 ASSASSINS CREED. OH GOD HELP. ALSO, BUNGIE VS BLIZZARD? OH GOD MORE CHOICES.

Oh, yeah, and farmville sucks.You have three high quality games versus a half decent, highly overrated developing series.

The choice should be obvious.

That and Valve didn't invent the stupidest way to prevent piracy, which EA are now doing, which is total horse ♥♥♥♥.

What made them think that constantly having an internet connection to play games would be a good idea?

I want to punch the guy in the stomach whoever came up with it.

B2KY
03-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Next round Valve is probably going vs. Bethesda.

This one is going to get hot.

Mr.Pringles
03-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Valve against Bethesda.
Come on guys!
The poll will be available at 29 Mar 2010 10:00 pm.
Just make sure you vote for VALVe!!
I really hope VALVe will win this one.
I hope VALVe will get a chance to whipe zynga's ♥♥♥.
Zynga really shouldn't even be in this list.
And VALVe will make sure Zynga won't win this 1.

moldy_tomato
03-28-2010, 08:36 AM
My guess is that in the final round there will be Valve versus Blizzard.
I can't imagine how Zynga could win, unless there will be a horde of trolls voting against Valve.

eyefork
03-28-2010, 10:04 AM
I can see it now. Valve vs. Zynga in the final round. Then Zynga wins.

edit- oh what that's not possible. 5th round then.

Moosedog
03-28-2010, 01:18 PM
L4D vs Fallout 3? Be a though choice.

<SEyE>Bacon
03-29-2010, 09:17 AM
L4D vs Fallout 3? Be a though choice.

Yeah but when you put HL2, Portal, AND TF2 up there against, Fallout 3 (even though it is a good game) it makes it an easy choice

Lithium587
03-29-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm angry that Zynga made it so far, but looks like they're getting their ♥♥♥ kicked by Square Enix.

Swordsman
03-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Valve vs Nintendo on the finals

oh my god mario wants revenge from the gamespot thing

Mr.Pringles
03-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Nice,
valve is winning

Tumdace
03-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Either way Valve is going to (unfortunately) lose to Zynga.

Powertrippin
03-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Alright, everyone spam Gabes email saying to put out a mass Steam message to everyone saying to vote.

It worked with Gordon

ruthlessebk
03-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Zynga is beating Rockstar, if Zynga beats Valve, I will lose hope for humanity. Text based < Real graphics

Lawliet89
03-29-2010, 06:01 PM
I don't think Valve is going to lose to Zygna.

The worst duo was Relic vs Bioware! I love both of their games and I don't know who to vote for.

Ling420
03-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Bethesda has my undying support for how much fun I had with Oblivion and Morrowing (even if I hated Fallout 3 with a passion for being boring as hell), but Valve wins hands-down. I'm ashamed to be a part of the same species that is putting a Facebook casual game that consumes more lives than WoW ahead of... whatever the hell Square Enix does, that I'm sure is better (lol not that much of a gamer).

I'll make sure to vote as soon as round 5 is up :P If we can push Valve past Zynga, they should win. And then maybe we'll get a reward lol.

jimmysmitty
03-29-2010, 11:33 PM
I don't think Valve is going to lose to Zygna.

The worst duo was Relic vs Bioware! I love both of their games and I don't know who to vote for.

Zynga is getting a lot of votes because they have Facebook links. I do hope they don't beat a company like Square Enix that literally changed the face of RPGs.....

Square Enix vs VALVe would be pretty cool but I would still go VALVe.

VALVe gave me the companion cube.....

wordsmith
03-30-2010, 03:27 PM

You don't have to use "fagbook", you can register with Escapist directly? Head here (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/registration/register.php) to register?

As for the rest of you... Valve are walking all over Beth, we need to be concentrating on the next matchup. I defy you to look me in the eye and tell me that Farmville is better than anything Valve have made? On those grounds, get ready to vote for Valve against Zynga on thursday!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/index/532-The-Escapists-2010-March-Mayhem

I'm trying to organise people into helping to fight Zynga, once you're signed up, join the Anyone But Zynga group at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Easy-as-ABZ

Thatuserguy
03-30-2010, 04:02 PM
I quit voting ever since Bungie lost to Blizzard. I guess I will vote for VALVe, but I no longer care who wins :/

Krogglidor
03-30-2010, 09:12 PM
If nintendo beats blizzard then it is because to many kids use "fagbook" and the voting has no credibility at all (atleast to me)

I quit voting ever since Bungie lost to Blizzard. I guess I will vote for VALVe, but I no longer care who wins :/

blizzard is obviosly the better party, blizzard has made 3 amazing games, bungie has only made 1 highly overrated game, I won't lie, I do like halo but you can not say that it is not overrated.

Crinkz
03-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Kinda sad that Nintendo is going to lose. But I guess people prefer doing the same thing over and over and over.(As with all Blizzard games, I haven't seen them use any original content past their first games in the respective series). While a company who dares try some thing new loses.

Lakail
03-30-2010, 10:47 PM
If nintendo beats blizzard then it is because to many kids use "fagbook" and the voting has no credibility at all (atleast to me)

what is "fagbook"? Is that where you keep your cigarettes? That makes sense.

Krogglidor
03-30-2010, 10:51 PM
what is "fagbook"? Is that where you keep your cigarettes? That makes sense.

♥♥♥ in America means gay, and it was in quotes because someone said it before me. ;)

Crinkz
03-30-2010, 11:01 PM
In-depth. In America people use the term "♥♥♥" as a hateful word towards gays. Thus people use it as a insult to everyone like it's a shame to be gay.

Anyway, I would be careful Krogg, even if it is in quotes, I'm sure the mods will get you for "trolling" by bypassing censors.

Krogglidor
03-30-2010, 11:20 PM
In-depth. In America people use the term "♥♥♥" as a hateful word towards gays. Thus people use it as a insult to everyone like it's a shame to be gay.

Anyway, I would be careful Krogg, even if it is in quotes, I'm sure the mods will get you for "trolling" by bypassing censors.

I forgot that ♥♥♥ was censored, and did not mean to bypass the censors at all I was just agreeing with his "hateful" term towards facebook, because I don't like it. I do not know how gay became to mean "stupid" or "retarted" because they are in no way either. (I guess people just hate other people that are different here)

I am not sure if that made complete sense, it is pretty late here right now.

Kinda sad that Nintendo is going to lose. But I guess people prefer doing the same thing over and over and over.(As with all Blizzard games, I haven't seen them use any original content past their first games in the respective series). While a company who dares try some thing new loses.

you can say that for all games, has Mario not stayed more or less the same throughout the years, with only upgrades to the gameplay? Warcraft has even less that they can improve on because of the fact that it is an RTS (they did end up making it a RPG) but what can they change about an RTS other than giving more units and better controls.

nunnet1995
03-31-2010, 04:07 AM
The biggest reason I want valve to win is they will care if they win! Ea or Rockstar would not give 2 ♥♥♥♥s. Im hopeing if they won they would have another sale like they did when gordenfreeman won the greatest game hero comp. :D
But bigger.

And I <3 valve :D

Crinkz
03-31-2010, 04:27 AM
you can say that for all games, has Mario not stayed more or less the same throughout the years, with only upgrades to the gameplay? Warcraft has even less that they can improve on because of the fact that it is an RTS (they did end up making it a RPG) but what can they change about an RTS other than giving more units and better controls.

I wasn't saying more about games, but bringing new ideas to the gaming world. Though, I suppose you're right.

ash47
03-31-2010, 05:46 AM
go valve, valve FTW!!!

freekkiller7
03-31-2010, 06:21 AM
i was pissed when rockstar north lost to zynga

i voted for aquare enix (to get those zynga crappers out), valve (even though i liked fallout 3) bioware (mass effect ftw) and nintendo (whatever)

JoshJosh117
03-31-2010, 07:40 AM
It will be Valve vs Blizzard

Mr.Pringles
03-31-2010, 07:51 AM
PLEASE vote for square enix:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/532.183541-Poll-Round-4-The-Great-Eight-North-4-Square-Enix-vs-7-Zynga

Zynga doesnt deserve to be in this list,
and if zynga wins...
we are all going to die!!!

B2KY
03-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Valve fans united!

Do you guys think Valve will make an announcement for help like they did for the gamespot poll?

King of Koopas
03-31-2010, 09:30 AM
Join forces fellow Valve fans! We need to beat Zynga. Seriously if your a idiot enough to vote for them because you play a flash they made that you like, you fail. Agreed that there not even a real developer.

B2KY
03-31-2010, 09:55 AM
The voting for Round 4 is over. Seems like Valve and Zynga won.

Valve vs. Zynga, let the voting begin!

Mr.Pringles
03-31-2010, 10:05 AM
The voting for Round 4 is over.
When will round 5 begin ?
Can't wait to kick zynga's g@y@ss.

reameesh
03-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Lol COD got pwned in the second round :D

Thatuserguy
03-31-2010, 11:09 AM

blizzard is obviosly the better party, blizzard has made 3 amazing games, bungie has only made 1 highly overrated game, I won't lie, I do like halo but you can not say that it is not overrated.

In fact, it isn't overrated. Bungie has made other game series before, maybe not as popular and amazing as halo, but still other games. You sound like the raging Blizzard fans, except nice(er).

Swordsman
03-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Wtf nintendo lost to blizzard?

Thatuserguy
03-31-2010, 11:49 AM

The Escapist is filled with mainly PC users and PC gamers. So the companies that make games for the PC usually end up with the most votes. Why else do you thing Infinity Ward lost to the creators of FarmVille?

BoViking
03-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Zynga got 7400 votes, Valve got 3400.

Crud. Oh well, it's a bit unfair if you ask me, seeing as this can be voted by facebook users and escapist users, not by the general public.

wordsmith
03-31-2010, 12:31 PM
The Escapist is filled with mainly PC users and PC gamers. So the companies that make games for the PC usually end up with the most votes. Why else do you thing Infinity Ward lost to the creators of FarmVille?

Nothing to do with us Escapists pal, that's all down to the horde that Zynga summoned. Speak to most Escapists and they'll tell you that Zynga didn't deserve to beat ANYONE, let alone IW. Remember, they've gone through Rockstar, NCSoft and Square as well.

In all seriousness, Valve need support from you guys. Yes, Zynga will show up mob handed, but if enough of us show up, we can bury them! Who's with us?

moldy_tomato
03-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Might be a good time to create a Twitter account to get Valve a second vote.

TacticGamer470
03-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Someone needs to make a poster for this.

It should look like this, Gordon Freeman standing in a mighty position on an angle facing the EP1 Citadel. And theres captions that say "They might have a bigger community but we have better people!"

B2KY
03-31-2010, 09:30 PM
The day of reckoning has come. Vote Valve!

Ling420
03-31-2010, 11:08 PM
Most Nintendo game players aren't old enough to access the internet.

Mr.Pringles
04-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Thinking of making a twitter account.
just to support valve =)
I really hope valve will win this 1.
If it beats zynga we are going to
end up 1st anyway.

paynex53
04-01-2010, 02:46 AM
how can zynga even be in the bracket? they are the worst company ever:

"Mark Pincus, CEO of the company that brought us Mafia Wars, says: 'I did every horrible thing in the book just to get revenues right away. I mean, we gave our users poker chips if they downloaded this Zwinky toolbar, which was like, I don't know... I downloaded it once and couldn't get rid of it."
http://games.slashdot.org/story/09/11/12/0512235/emMafia-Warsem-CEO-Brags-About-Scamming-Users?from=rss

AXidenT
04-01-2010, 04:38 AM
Don't really want to make an account to vote, but if things start getting hot I may. :)

B2KY
04-01-2010, 05:22 AM
We need to spread this, it's only on the Portal 2 forum section, spread the word, more people need to know! E-mail it to Valve, they might do something!

DurDen
04-01-2010, 05:24 AM

Yeap. how could a dev for that beat ANYTHING? They beat Square Enix??
We should hold our votes for more Portal 2 info. :p

Anyone remember the Gamespot "greatest hero" thing? lol

Pyrolistical
04-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Get on teh internets and we'll take down Blizzard in round 6!

PigMental
04-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Come on guys vote vote vote, the pestulant puss fiend that is Zynga must fall to the might that is the Freeman's crowbar.

If you are going to use twitter to get a 2nd vote remember to use @steam_games, some people have been putting @valve by mistake.

Come on lads, let us draw a line in the sand, and say together, you shall go no further!!!!!!!

wordsmith
04-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Come on guys, we're 1500 votes up, but we need to keep going! Zynga haven't unleashed the first wave yet, when they do we need to have enough people under us to soften the blow.

VOTE VALVE! http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/532.184375-Poll-Round-5-Field-of-Four-7-Zynga-vs-1-Valve?page=1

Thingy Person
04-01-2010, 12:20 PM

No, that's wrong. Anyone using that word outside of its original meaning isn't targeting homosexuals, it's just a word that's come to denote a very specific niche. Let the new meaning take over rather than forcing it back for political correctness.

I'm gay and I use the word myself. Maybe I'm just not a bleeding heart liberal.

moldy_tomato
04-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Here's an example tweet:
I voted for @steam_games in Round 5 of The Escapist's March Mayhem: http://bit.ly/aANIUR #escMM.

Edit: I kept refreshing the page and counted the increase of votes each time.

Valve Zynga
24 23
22 21
8 8
3 5
9 0
9 1
29 4

Right now Valve is getting votes at a higher rate.

Mr.Pringles
04-01-2010, 03:39 PM
For those who do not know how to vote with twitter:

Just go to: www.twitter.com and make an account'

Then on the twitter site type this in the search section: #escMM

Then just type this in the "What's happening" tab:
I voted for @steam_games in Round 5 of The Escapist's March Mayhem: http://bit.ly/aANIUR #escMM

Then press on tweet and you're done =)

I hope it will work for you guys.

Mr.Pringles
04-01-2010, 03:52 PM
WTH,
zynga has got a come back.
it is growing every second :S
Come on guys!
vote for VALVe !!!

embryo
04-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Zynga has beaten Infinity Ward, Rockstar North, AND Square Enix?

Either someone is rigging the votes, or I'm about to lose all hope in gamers everywhere.

jimmysmitty
04-01-2010, 06:58 PM
VALVe is ahead for now. I hope it stays that way. And it looks like they would have BioWare in the finals which should be easy.

Go VALVe. Still Alive is reason enough for them to win.

reameesh
04-01-2010, 08:58 PM
♥♥♥♥ Zynga is leading. EVERYONE VOTE AND VOTE TWICE IF YOU CARE FOR VALVE!

Flamma Man
04-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Wow, I really like the Escapist, letting people who have a facebook account vote.

Gee.

And isn't there a game "developer" that makes games for that site?

Hm.

Nah, it's completely fair!

themarcuslove
04-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Wow, I really like the Escapist, letting people who have a facebook account vote.

Gee.

And isn't there a game "developer" that makes games for that site?

Hm.

Nah, it's completely fair!

^This

B2KY
04-01-2010, 09:39 PM
C'mon! They're not even 100 votes ahead! Vote, vote for Valve!

Did someone send an e-mail to Valve already?

Valkyries87
04-01-2010, 09:48 PM
less then 50 votes behind,

B2KY
04-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Valve has taken the lead! We can do it!

WE MUST PUSH LITTLE CART!

Schizoid
04-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Zynga is winning by around 100 votes. Wat.

Valkyries87
04-01-2010, 10:45 PM
well we were winning by 60 then they just jumped 100 votes ahead of Valve

B2KY
04-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Give me a mail! Give me a damn mail! I need to tell Valve, I need to tell Gabe, they need to make an announcement! Give me a mail!

STEELCITY32
04-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Damn Zynga be cheating with their Facebook announcements.

Mr.Pringles
04-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Give me a mail! Give me a damn mail! I need to tell Valve, I need to tell Gabe, they need to make an announcement! Give me a mail!

GabeN@valvesoftware.com

Correct me if im wrong.

Mr.Pringles
04-02-2010, 01:51 AM
NICE!
A moderator made an announcement on the steam forums.
It's on top of the sticky threads.
I really hope that we win this.
(I just got out of bed so sorry if im late )

zarrten
04-02-2010, 01:58 AM
well, zynga ARE a games developer...but..how can you compare their games to games like half life 2? hl2's technology and storyline are amazing...wait...do zynga's games even have technology or storyline?

reameesh
04-02-2010, 03:45 AM
NICE!
A moderator made an announcement on the steam forums.
It's on top of the sticky threads.
I really hope that we win this.
(I just got out of bed so sorry if im late )

PERFECT!
High five!
i can't access the site anymore though.

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
www.escapistmagazine.com
Fri Apr 2 06:42:17 2010
Apache

wade
04-02-2010, 03:56 AM
VALVe is behind, I think we've lost. ):

B2KY
04-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Zynga is 1200 votes ahead... it's over... Valve can't win. ):

RonPaul2012
04-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Valve isn't going to win.... zynga has an army of farmville zombies at their fingertips:(

TheDude7053
04-02-2010, 11:35 AM
next round shouldn't be zynga vs bioware it should be facebookers vs gamers

hattekarl
04-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Zynga is winning!
Is not possibul!

jimmysmitty
04-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I feel that there should have been a Steam announcement. 15 million people easily accessable. VALVe should not lose. Zynga should.

Moose Muscles
04-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Valve isn't going to win.... zynga has an army of farmville zombies at their fingertips:(

lol @ farmville...fat ♥♥♥ spec/ed kids who work in my office always try to play that garbage on my work pc when I'm off doing things around campus...

little do they know my little work pc is powered by x2 BE and ati...steampowered!!!

zynga...psh, a company really pushing the envelope there

Zybermen
04-02-2010, 12:58 PM
You know, all this contest really shows is that Zynga is better at grabbing votes from its users.

I won't be surprised if it beats Blizzard (Who will probably beat Bioware due to the massive WoW fanbase).

And... Wow, I was reading that thread. What terrible reasoning. Innovation is better than quality? I have a book where every second letter of a word is R. Does that make the book good?

Moose Muscles
04-02-2010, 01:10 PM
You know, all this contest really shows is that Zynga is better at grabbing votes from its users.

I won't be surprised if it beats Blizzard (Who will probably beat Bioware due to the massive WoW fanbase).

And... Wow, I was reading that thread. What terrible reasoning. Innovation is better than quality? I have a book where every second letter of a word is R. Does that make the book good?

lRol, yRes iRt dRoes. iR bRet tRhat bRook iRs gRoundbreaking. lRmfao.

Zybermen
04-02-2010, 01:17 PM
lRol, yRes iRt dRoes. iR bRet tRhat bRook iRs gRoundbreaking. lRmfao.

TRhe bRook iRs tRitled "VRote fRor RR's" aRnd iRs bReing nRominated fRor aR NRobel pRrize.

SReriously, iRt iRs tRhe bRest bRook eRver bRecause iRt iRs sRo nRew aRnd iRnnovative.

Zekiran
04-02-2010, 01:20 PM
*head explody*

Flamma Man
04-02-2010, 02:33 PM
DO NOT FEAR!

If some of you have not noticed, VALVe has finally made light of this competition!

And believe it or not, VALVe is catching up again, FAST!

There's still a chance!

B2KY
04-02-2010, 02:40 PM
DO NOT FEAR!

If some of you have not noticed, VALVe has finally made light of this competition!

And believe it or not, VALVe is catching up again, FAST!

There's still a chance!

Valve made an announcement? Where?

Flamma Man
04-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Valve made an announcement? Where?http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s71/SymbianFreak/Capture-1.jpg

B2KY
04-02-2010, 03:11 PM
We are catching up! Keep it going, Steam army!

Flamma Man
04-02-2010, 03:13 PM
It's only been half an hour and now we're only 1000 behind instead of 2000 and IT ISN'T STOPPING!

Keep pushing!

tf2markpp
04-02-2010, 03:42 PM
zynga wins?
bullet trough my brain i tell you.

eyefork
04-02-2010, 03:58 PM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s71/SymbianFreak/Capture-1.jpg

Slightly related - is there ANY way to manually access those news pop-ups? They always tend to come up when I open Steam again, or quit a game, and not being able to access them on demand has always bugged me. It'd be nice if there was a button of some sort to open it.

Zekiran
04-02-2010, 04:05 PM
It's their update news. Presumably there's a link somewhere which says either update or news, ... though I haven't tried looking and they may just not.

On another note, why hasn't VALVE updated THEIR facebook with this info directly? There's a link among others, but nothing actually posted to their wall about it. They posted stuff about the prior contests with gordon and such, but not this... odd.

ICcold
04-02-2010, 04:41 PM
I'd do it

if I didn't have to sign up to the website.

Why do I always have to sign up?

Flamma Man
04-02-2010, 04:44 PM
VALVE IS IN THE LEAD!

Zybermen
04-02-2010, 04:49 PM
I love how when Zynga asks their users to vote, it's a crime, yet when Valve asks, it's somehow awesome.

Whatever.

Valve's now ahead in the popularity contest.

Flamma Man
04-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I love how when Zynga asks their users to vote, it's a crime, yet when Valve asks, it's somehow awesome.

Whatever.

Valve's now ahead in the popularity contest.the reason thought it was a crime was because you could vote if you had a facebook account and since Zynga pretty much MAKES their games for facebook, them advertising has a much bigger impact.

That and they do it for EVERY ROUND.

Seriously, they even say this will put them on the map or something along those lines.

Even then Valve only mentions it once, two days later, in an announcement people can only see when logging into Steam.

Anyhow, I'm glad to see VALVe finally winning.

Ricotez
04-02-2010, 05:15 PM
I'd do it

if I didn't have to sign up to the website.

Why do I always have to sign up?

To prevent people from bot-spamming votes.

Snew
04-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Anyone able to see the current vote count? I think Escapist blew up.

Flamma Man
04-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Anyone able to see the current vote count? I think Escapist blew up.Yeah, I think the two parties broke the topic, you can view the rest of the site however.

moldy_tomato
04-02-2010, 05:44 PM
The last vote count I could see was
Zynga 12974
Valve 13351

Edit: Just managed to refresh the page successfully
Zynga 12978
Valve 13439

mLegion
04-02-2010, 05:49 PM
i checked the main page on escapist and the pagecount on the valve vs zynga thread is 255, i think they only use a byte value for pagecount and its mucking up the forum software when someone posted a post that would have resulted in the 256th page.

also
Zynga 49.1% (12978)
Valve 50.9% (13439)

Flamma Man
04-02-2010, 06:03 PM
i checked the main page on escapist and the pagecount on the valve vs zynga thread is 255, i think they only use a byte value for pagecount and its mucking up the forum software when someone posted a post that would have resulted in the 256th page.

also
Zynga 49.1% (12978)
Valve 50.9% (13439)I also managed to refresh the page and it's more than that more.

Also now VALVe has 51%!

Moose Muscles
04-02-2010, 06:17 PM
I registered to that dumb ♥♥♥ site just to vote...i cant let valve go down to that company...bioware or bungie or n'tendo...but not f-ing mafiawars/farmville

Murrogh
04-02-2010, 07:08 PM
I wasn't going to register, until I saw it was from the makers of Farmville.

themarcuslove
04-02-2010, 07:27 PM
^_^ so many votes for both sides.
Neck and neck and valve is in the need.
TAKE THAT CHEATERS... er, I mean... Yay, despite the obvious advantage zynga has, we are in the lead.

mr turkey40
04-02-2010, 08:16 PM
I registered to that dumb ♥♥♥ site just to vote...i cant let valve go down to that company...bioware or bungie or n'tendo...but not f-ing mafiawars/farmville

Quoted for truth, if only it would accept me as a member!

Tumdace
04-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Ya so Valve is losing now.

That contest is a joke, that whole site is a joke.

No_wander_off
04-02-2010, 09:32 PM
i just don't vote at all.

Th3Laugh1ngMan
04-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Ya so Valve is losing now.

That contest is a joke, that whole site is a joke.

To be honest, I kinda figured that when you have to log in through Facebook to vote against a Facebook game.

Still really stupid that that "game" is beating anything, frankly.

reameesh
04-03-2010, 12:32 AM
This dude is so awesome.

http://soundcloud.com/rig/vote-for-valve

WWAAMMoozzaarrt
04-03-2010, 01:46 AM
This dude is so awesome.

http://soundcloud.com/rig/vote-for-valve

Beautiful.
I think he bridged the gap a bit. It really shows the difference between Valve fans and "GO ZYNGA GO" one-posters.

reameesh
04-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Beautiful.
I think he bridged the gap a bit. It really shows the difference between Valve fans and "GO ZYNGA GO" one-posters.

True.

KaneXLS
04-03-2010, 02:42 AM
what the hell? zynga leads by tousands of more votes again? ♥♥♥♥ this contest, its a joke

Facey McSmash
04-03-2010, 04:42 AM
All we need is Valve to release it in the news post again. Please Valve do it. This isn't just about you, it's about gamers everywhere. Stop pandering to the casuals.

ash47
04-03-2010, 05:39 AM
grr, lets hope valve does win!

Lithium587
04-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Zynga is winning!!!
GO GO GO! Save Valve!

David-B-737
04-03-2010, 08:05 AM
ZYNGA SUCKS!
I HAVE TRAUMA FROM FARMVILLE!
VALVE GO GO GO!
GORDON FREEMAN IS THE WINNER, ALWAYS!
DONT LET THE ZYNGA EMPIRE WIN THIS TIME!
VOTE NOW!

David-B-737
04-03-2010, 08:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj7VumHqzfA

David-B-737
04-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Valve you need to announce it too! Look! http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs462.snc3/25369_114271378589972_100000213328304_272834_54749 59_n.jpg

McMo0
04-03-2010, 09:36 AM
lol it is a joke. It's a website that has once mentioned the growing concern that games like this are damaging the industry... and yet here they are, throwing in zynga so they get a huge traffic boost for sponsorship money. If they didn't have zero punctuation I would leave that site right now.

David, valve won't announce it because they don't care. Why would they care? Congratulations Valve you've won a competition that is essentially a farce...

David-B-737
04-03-2010, 10:08 AM
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2584/lowadda1b10cba343b.jpg
Who is the black cat?

mmatique
04-03-2010, 10:27 AM
i am so depressed that valve is not winning...

Swordsman
04-03-2010, 10:40 AM
zynga isn't even a game developer...

Facey McSmash
04-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Who is the black cat?

tacgnol

ASHPD
04-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Zynga is going to beat Valve, what a load of horseballs.

reameesh
04-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Who is the black cat?

Um.. no. if Valve wins yes Zynga is officially pwned. If Zynga wins, no one will give a ♥♥♥♥, since that site is ridiculous.

HeadStrikeR
04-03-2010, 06:19 PM
"You ain't gonna let these ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ vampires beat Valve"

Voted for Valve of course, how can can a facebook developer beat the mighty Valve? NO WAY!

Flamma Man
04-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Mother of-

We're pushing them back again! I thought I lost hope, but-

Daaaamn.

Looks like this could go either way.

Valkyries87
04-03-2010, 09:55 PM
we're .7% away from a tie, our numbers keep creeping up as they count the final score.

yuuks7785
04-03-2010, 10:14 PM
dammit, server overload? I cant vote for valve atm =(

smash
04-03-2010, 10:54 PM
A little over 100 votes and we have tied. C'mon people!

Valkyries87
04-03-2010, 11:01 PM
holy ♥♥♥♥ we are catching up,

Zynga 50.1% (21301)
Valve 49.9% (21237)

alexanderswang
04-03-2010, 11:05 PM
holy ♥♥♥♥ we are catching up,

Zynga 50.1% (21301)
Valve 49.9% (21237)

NOT ENOUGH ! We need more ! Steamers , COME ON !

Zynga vs Valve = Facebookers vs Steamers , so we Steamers can't lose !

Flamma Man
04-03-2010, 11:21 PM
We're in the lead by over 30 votes!

Woo!

Keep it going!

Edit: Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the site died.

Ling420
04-03-2010, 11:27 PM
The whole thread there is utter BS (not to mention it gains about 10 pages every minute, the posts are coming in so fast). To anyone complaining about not being able to vote from the forums - go to the bracket flash page thing - you can vote there as well (I don't think it's connected to forum latency). You just can't post.

The sad thing is most people coming in and posting for Zynga have either no skill with the English language or fail to defend their stance in any way, shape, or form. At least some of the Valve fans are (not that all of them are saints - or, well, intelligent - either). I agree with a lot of them though. Zynga has no place here. Although Valve would have destroyed any other developer.

Personally, I think the Escapist admins are tampering with the votes... They were at 20,100 to 20,700 or something similar last night at 11:00pm or so, and this afternoon it was 18,000 to 21,000. I doubt that many people were banned. Then, suddenly, Valve got an additional 2000 votes out of nowhere. And if you notice, all the polls with Zynga seem to be cut a little too close for believability (why are they getting 23,000 votes now when they only got 5,000-7,000 in the first few rounds?). Not much of a conspiracy, I just think it might be a publicity stunt for the Escapist, to not make the Facebook people feel totally alienated. Whether or not Valve wins.

Valkyries87
04-03-2010, 11:34 PM
The whole thread there is utter BS (not to mention it gains about 10 pages every minute, the posts are coming in so fast). To anyone complaining about not being able to vote from the forums - go to the bracket flash page thing - you can vote there as well (I don't think it's connected to forum latency). You just can't post.

The sad thing is most people coming in and posting for Zynga have either no skill with the English language or fail to defend their stance in any way, shape, or form. At least some of the Valve fans are (not that all of them are saints - or, well, intelligent - either). I agree with a lot of them though. Zynga has no place here. Although Valve would have destroyed any other developer.

Personally, I think the Escapist admins are tampering with the votes... They were at 20,100 to 20,700 or something similar last night at 11:00pm or so, and this afternoon it was 18,000 to 21,000. I doubt that many people were banned. Then, suddenly, Valve got an additional 2000 votes out of nowhere. And if you notice, all the polls with Zynga seem to be cut a little too close for believability (why are they getting 23,000 votes now when they only got 5,000-7,000 in the first few rounds?). Not much of a conspiracy, I just think it might be a publicity stunt for the Escapist, to not make the Facebook people feel totally alienated. Whether or not Valve wins.

valve is getting all the extra votes through Twitter,

Bryo4321
04-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Keep in mind for the past few hours zynga has spammed face book with ads about the vote. That may explain the increase in voters. We have the lead by .2 as of this post by the way.

Valkyries87
04-03-2010, 11:39 PM
we are ahead 200 votes,

steam to the rescue,
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2791/4489150560_d040ff0655.jpg

Levus
04-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Let's keep the votes up if we can, we want to try keep a steady lead infront.

reameesh
04-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Hah! Pwnzord! We're leading by 400 !

Scratch that! We're leading by 1400 !!!!!

Soon it'll be over 9000!

moldy_tomato
04-04-2010, 05:38 AM
Support not fun games.
Vote for Farmville (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odBDAcOEKuI). (Zynga? What's that?)

AlonTavor
04-04-2010, 06:37 AM
Zynga 47.3% (22212)
Valve 52.7% (24714)

AlonTavor
04-04-2010, 06:39 AM
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=4&day=4&year=2010&hour=12&min=0&sec=0&p0=861

Zybermen
04-04-2010, 08:49 AM
I voted for Bioware.

:)

Frito
04-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Glad to see Valve prevailing. If Freeman could do it on Gamespot, Valve can do it on Escapist.

Zybermen
04-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Glad to see Valve prevailing. If Freeman could do it on Gamespot, Valve can do it on Escapist.

That was bull. I'm sorry, but Gordon Freeman winning best character is about as convincing as Master Chief winning best character.

moldy_tomato
04-04-2010, 09:10 AM
That was bull. I'm sorry, but Gordon Freeman winning best character is about as convincing as Master Chief winning best character.

Not the best character, but the greatest video game hero.
There's a big difference.

Sazabi
04-04-2010, 09:31 AM
WGT WGT! WE GOT THIS! WE GOT THIS!

Zynga is like a small forest creature that is happily hopping through the forest. Valve is like the massive feral Unicorn that spears the loving creature through the chest and takes it back home for its babies to feast on its bleeding and pulsing entrails.

Zybermen
04-04-2010, 09:36 AM
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee351/bmoc09/THISISMYWORLD.png

This picture sums up my views on the issue quite well.

reameesh
04-04-2010, 10:11 AM
WGT WGT! WE GOT THIS! WE GOT THIS!

Zynga is like a small forest creature that is happily hopping through the forest. Valve is like the massive feral Unicorn that spears the loving creature through the chest and takes it back home for its babies to feast on its bleeding and pulsing entrails.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

alexanderswang
04-04-2010, 11:02 AM
When will Round 5 end ? I can't wait to see that Valve wins the final !

TempS
04-04-2010, 11:54 AM
When will Round 5 end ? I can't wait to see that Valve wins the final !

The Valve vs Zynga thing? Pretty sure that's already over.. they just need to tally up the votes from Twitter, and ban the people who were flaming people in the thread and remove their votes from the final tally before we can see an "official" result and winner. (Unfortunately, a lot of the people flaming on the forum appeared to be angry Valve voters, so this will probably work to Valve's disadvantage.)

Here's to hoping we're still on top with the final result! GO VALVE!

themarcuslove
04-04-2010, 12:42 PM
The Valve vs Zynga thing? Pretty sure that's already over.. they just need to tally up the votes from Twitter, and ban the people who were flaming people in the thread and remove their votes from the final tally before we can see an "official" result and winner. (Unfortunately, a lot of the people flaming on the forum appeared to be angry Valve voters, so this will probably work to Valve's disadvantage.)

Here's to hoping we're still on top with the final result! GO VALVE!

I ended at 12:00 today...

They removed banned votes as they came but have yet to add the twitter votes (which is heavy in valve's favor).

Zekiran
04-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah when I looked it was 53% valve, but ... I dunno - twits are more likely to come from facebook zombies. I know I didn't make a twitter account just to poke Valve, though I might eventually if this all turns out for the best and they get into the finals.

themarcuslove
04-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah when I looked it was 53% valve, but ... I dunno - twits are more likely to come from facebook zombies. I know I didn't make a twitter account just to poke Valve, though I might eventually if this all turns out for the best and they get into the finals.

Actually, valve voters used twitter to get double votes more than znyga voters did. Valve as MANY more tweets. At one point, votes where coming in by 1 per minute while they got maybe 1 per hour on twitter. So we are in good standing for twitter.

I think few znyga fans wanted to go past the effort of clicking the button on the spam ads.

Zekiran
04-04-2010, 01:28 PM
That's good then. Screw Zynga. They don't make games.

clopin
04-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm loving how it looks like my two favorite game developers are gonna be in the finals. WIN.

jimmysmitty
04-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Woot. Voting closed. VALVe pulled a last minute win. It took the best game dev ever to take out the Facebookers.

And it looks like BioWare took out Blizzard.

Next up, VALVe vs BioWare. Shouldn't be too hard.

Flamma Man
04-04-2010, 05:01 PM
It's now official by the mods, VALVe is moving on to face Bioware.

Frankly, I don't care who wins now, at least it's two very loved developers that are facing off.

Woo!

Zekiran
04-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Thank goodness. It surprises me that Bioware won, really, but that's fine, either of them is an admirable opponent.

Now, if everyone who tried to vote down Zynga in prior matches comes to Valve's side... ;)

BigEV
04-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Support not fun games.
Vote for Farmville (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odBDAcOEKuI). (Zynga? What's that?)
Now that was exactly what I think

jimmysmitty
04-05-2010, 01:27 PM
It's now official by the mods, VALVe is moving on to face Bioware.

Frankly, I don't care who wins now, at least it's two very loved developers that are facing off.

Woo!

I still go VALVe. They give me cake.

Thank goodness. It surprises me that Bioware won, really, but that's fine, either of them is an admirable opponent.

Now, if everyone who tried to vote down Zynga in prior matches comes to Valve's side... ;)

BioWare won because the WoW fans were too busy in raids to vote.

reameesh
04-05-2010, 01:36 PM
The voting is ON!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/532.185761-Poll-Final-Showdown-1-Valve-vs-1-BioWare

Let's do this people! The finals! We're behind already!

Thatuserguy
04-05-2010, 01:58 PM
The voting is ON!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/532.185761-Poll-Final-Showdown-1-Valve-vs-1-BioWare

Let's do this people! The finals! We're behind already!

FOR THE CAKE!

BenjaminFedder
04-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Oh god, Bioware versus Valve. I cannot choose. They're both legendary in storytelling.

mmatique
04-05-2010, 03:46 PM
valve and it's fans were sooooo nice to let zynga feel like they were actually going to win. thats so nice for valve to be nice to a sorry excuse for a developer.

but watch out bioware
valve wont be nice to you

Mike_Bson
04-05-2010, 04:08 PM
O_O

Valve is now winning! They've been getting more and more tenth-percents for the past few hours, and I do not expect this to change soon.

Moose Muscles
04-05-2010, 05:28 PM
I voted...valve for the win

ASHPD
04-05-2010, 07:39 PM
On Sunday we were told that VALVe won the Battle against Zynga on The Escapist forums.

Now, Steam servicemen and women are engaged from the interwebs. Their mission: to win the battle against BioWare, and claim what is rightfully VALVe’s.

I know this course of action has produced deep divisions of opinion on our internets. But I know also, that the Steam gamers will now be united in sending our votes. They are the finest games in the world and all can have great pride in them.

The threat to VALVe today is not that of my father's generation. The gaming universe will be at peace soon. The Zynga War already a memory.

Steam has never been a forum to hide at the back. But even if we were, it wouldn't avail us.

So I ask you know fellow steamers, are we going to back down to BioWare?

Or are we going to raise our crowbars in the air, and Freeman their asses?
Are will going to STILL be alive?
Will we kill every single MAGGOT at BioWare?

Xia
04-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I read your post with this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy61r3Qkm6o&playnext_from=TL&videos=3WKDlgOm8ww)
playing in the background.

It was pretty epic, actually.

Zekiran
04-05-2010, 08:30 PM
I read your post with this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy61r3Qkm6o&playnext_from=TL&videos=3WKDlgOm8ww)
playing in the background.

It was pretty epic, actually.

You know, I've heard that song 4 times already today, in looking for video/music to link for someone who wanted to know what other people were listening to, and I am listening AGAIN because it's just that good.

deathman367
04-05-2010, 09:00 PM
On Sunday we were told that VALVe won the Battle against Zynga on The Escapist forums.

Now, Steam servicemen and women are engaged from the interwebs. Their mission: to win the battle against BioWare, and claim what is rightfully VALVe’s.

I know this course of action has produced deep divisions of opinion on our internets. But I know also, that the Steam gamers will now be united in sending our votes. They are the finest games in the world and all can have great pride in them.

The threat to VALVe today is not that of my father's generation. The gaming universe will be at peace soon. The Zynga War already a memory.

Steam has never been a forum to hide at the back. But even if we were, it wouldn't avail us.

So I ask you know fellow steamers, are we going to back down to BioWare?

Or are we going to raise our crowbars in the air, and Freeman their asses?
Are will going to STILL be alive?
Will we kill every single MAGGOT at BioWare?

dotdotdot

Zekiran
04-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't think they meant ... literally, you know. :)

ASHPD
04-05-2010, 09:41 PM
dotdotdot

2 days ago, the great VALVe, in whose symbolic shadow we stand won the Zynga vs VALVe Escapist Round. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Steam gamers who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of injustice to a great company.

But one day later, we must face the tragic fact that VALVe is still not the overall winner. One day later, the life of VALVe is still sadly losing by the manacles of BioWare and its inferior games.

One day later, VALVe is still suffering in the corners of American gaming society and finds them losing in its own speciality. So we have come here today to dramatize an appalling condition.

In a sense we have come to our company's forums to submit a vote. When the architects of our internet wrote the magnificent words of The Escapist and it’s rules and regulations, they were signing a promissory note to which every Steamer was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all gamers would be guaranteed the inalienable rights of games, storylines, and the pursuit of happiness.

We cannot continue to pursue this happiness if companies like BioWare are able to bring VALVe down.

So I ask you again, why we are waiting to vote…

Rise up your crowbar with pride!
Throw your Boomer Bile at BioWare and laugh!
Shoot an interdimensional portal at BioWare and make them do an infinite loop in the amazement called VALVe!

WAKE UP STEAMERS AND VOTE NOW AND WE’LL SHOW BIOWARE WHOS BOSS!

relaxeder
04-05-2010, 11:31 PM
v o t eVALVE
f o r + + + + + + + + + + +

SaneDunk
04-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Damn, Relaxeder. Where'd you get these portal letters?

moldy_tomato
04-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Hmm...
Where did I get these portal letters?
||

^

||

ASHPD
04-06-2010, 06:48 AM
P O R T A L

B2KY
04-06-2010, 06:59 AM
The Zynga War. I like the sound of it.

ASHPD
04-06-2010, 07:49 AM
The Zynga War. I like the sound of it.

That is what it was, but it's long gone now.
Now we face our last battle, the final frontier.

The world of gaming's hierarchy shall be decided upon the actions we take these next few days, though we are winning now in the votes on The Escapist forums, anything could change this.

BioWare is large in its number and yes, they are a worthy opponent. Their games are good, but they are no match for VALVe, backing itself with games like Half Life and community such as ours.

Act now, in sure that do not lose this great war.
This is the Great Gaming War.

SaneDunk
04-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Hmm...
Where did I get these portal letters?
||

^

||

It was too obvious I threw that possibility out the window. :o

Dagspöket
04-06-2010, 09:42 AM
http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23escMM

BioWare are getting loads more twitter votes than Valve right now. Get twittering, boyos.

Moose Muscles
04-06-2010, 10:04 AM
it really is a close race...800 votes isnt much

Pufje
04-06-2010, 10:21 AM
how does the twitter voting system work? just twitter @steam_games?

Dagspöket
04-06-2010, 10:23 AM
how does the twitter voting system work? just twitter @steam_games?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14290569&postcount=850

Valve's made the push back to 50.8% at the time of this post.

Don't forget to make a crappy Twitter account to get an additional vote.

Here are the steps:

Create a Twitter account if you don't have one.
Link your Twitter account to the profile you've created on the Escapist. (Profile>Edit Profile>Add Your Twitter towards bottom)
On Twitter, follow @TheEscapistMag (go to http://twitter.com/TheEscapistMag, click the gear icon on the right, and click 'follow')
Tweet this: (write this in the blank box, then press tweet) "I voted for @steam_games in Round 6 of The Escapist's March Mayhem: http://bit.ly/aANIUR #escMM." (Yes, steam *underscore* games).

Now when the polls close, the Twitter votes are tallied up and added to the respective developer's scores. SO DO IT, OR SUFFER.

This guy explains it pretty well.

Moose Muscles
04-06-2010, 11:20 AM
I can't believe I just made a dam twitter account...i never have felt so demoralized...i did it for my scout, and his aluminum bat...i did it for gordon freeman...i did it for bill single handedly taking out a tank... i did it for the source engine...VALVe must prevail or gabe newell will attack us with his scary ♥♥♥ knife collection.

Ling420
04-06-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm going to laugh when we get a "We appreciate your effort and zeal... but sorry, still no progress on Episode 3" message, either here or on Steam.

Cooldude
04-06-2010, 03:14 PM
holy ♥♥♥♥ how did valve win against Zyngia, last time I chcked, Zynga had 70%

Zekiran
04-06-2010, 03:15 PM
holy ♥♥♥♥ how did valve win against Zyngia, last time I chcked, Zynga had 70%

I don't think they ever had 70%. The highest they ever had while I was watching (in the vs Valve, now, not necessarily any others because I didn't vote much before the last couple events) was around 55%.

Zekiran
04-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Hopefully i did it right, joined twitter and voted. *crosses fingers*

Mr.Pringles
04-08-2010, 09:54 AM
WTH, we're letting Bioware win ?
come on guys!
Vot for Valve and make sure you dubble vote with twittet..

PLZ!!!

reameesh
04-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Damn we are only 200 votes ahead !

G_F=DM=
04-08-2010, 11:08 AM
It seems voting is closed.......

datatoa
04-08-2010, 01:53 PM
guys...WE WON!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/532.185761-Poll-Final-Showdown-1-Valve-vs-1-BioWare?page=247

We have gone through all of the votes and can now announce the winner of the 2010 March Mayhem: Developer's Showdown.
After one EPIC clash, Valve has defeated BioWare for the title!

Congratulations to both Valve and BioWare for an amazing March Mayhem and one of the greatest match-ups of all time!

To leave any tournament feedback to make this even better next year, please go here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/532.187012-Tournament-Feedback

Also, we will be contacting the winners from our prize sponsors shortly, so please keep an eye on your email.

Pufje
04-08-2010, 02:58 PM
WHOA!!
We only won with 159 votes more.
Given that there where 26135 votes cast, that's pretty epic.

GO VALVe!

TheDude7053
04-08-2010, 04:12 PM
i can has portal 2 trailer nao :D

Neverpleased
04-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Just give us damned Half Life 2 Episode 3, it's been in development almost as long as Duke Nukem now :)

uzikus
04-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Just give us damned Half Life 2 Episode 3, it's been in development almost as long as Duke Nukem now :)

3 years vs 13 years.

YEAH, TOTALLY.

reameesh
04-09-2010, 08:09 AM
We won! Good job everyone! I thank every single person who voted and a BIG HUG to the ones who used Twitter!!!!

danm36
04-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Valve won with just under 200 votes. Damn we be good!

freekkiller7
04-09-2010, 09:32 AM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! eat that sh*t!

I'm Commander Shepard, and that was my favorite contest in the universe.

jimmysmitty
04-09-2010, 02:16 PM
WOW.........

.3%

That was close. Go VALVe!!!

Zekiran
04-09-2010, 02:53 PM
It's not the first time, remember Gordon's narrow win recently.

Nova Prospekt
03-27-2012, 05:16 AM
The March Mayhem 2012 is happening...and Valve is facing some tough competition!

It Valve vs Bethesda, with Bethesda only 30 votes behind!

Go people!

Solarmech
03-27-2012, 05:56 AM
You dug up a two year old thread? :confused: Why? :p sm

Nova Prospekt
03-27-2012, 06:01 AM
because wouldn't it be better rather than creating a whole new other one?

Most people know this thread anyway.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/541.355502-Round-5-1-Valve-vs-1-Bethesda-Game-Studios?page=5

it is now 50.1 vs 49.9

:eek: