PDA

View Full Version : coop in portal 2, a prequel?

Some_weirdGuy
03-26-2010, 05:51 PM
The protagonists are usually silent.
One of the coop bots is made from a glados core.
The morality core was silent.

hmmmm (http://www.inspiredstartup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/hmmm.jpg)

nod113
03-26-2010, 05:52 PM
it takes place hundreds of years in the future, they've confirmed that

frznbxy
03-26-2010, 06:10 PM

mate, i think you accidently posted in the wrong thread.

OP:

1. we destroyed the core (at least i did, dont know about you though)
2. the core pictured has a red center light, the morality core's light was violett
3. we also destroyed the anger core (this time im sure you did too, can anyone stand that snarling? ;D)

--> its just some random other core. given its dirty looks in the GI picture, it may have been around there for quite some time, maybe even back to when chell went through the EC in the original portal.

and: i dont know how connected to the original storyline the coop story will be...im thinking more about something like they did in decay, where they included a special bonus mission where you play as vortigaunts (alien slaves).
so it may be just some random core with no real story connection at all :3

Zekiran
03-26-2010, 06:46 PM
There are dozens if not hundreds of other cores - witness the cake scene at the end of the game. So yeah. Random. Possibly extra, possibly just the Aperture version of a 'desktop' style computer.

Some_weirdGuy
03-26-2010, 06:54 PM

who says the coop bots storyline is set during the same time?

nod113
03-26-2010, 07:35 PM
mate, i think you accidently posted in the wrong thread.

OP:

1. we destroyed the core (at least i did, dont know about you though)
2. the core pictured has a red center light, the morality core's light was violett
3. we also destroyed the anger core (this time im sure you did too, can anyone stand that snarling? ;D)

--> its just some random other core. given its dirty looks in the GI picture, it may have been around there for quite some time, maybe even back to when chell went through the EC in the original portal.

and: i dont know how connected to the original storyline the coop story will be...im thinking more about something like they did in decay, where they included a special bonus mission where you play as vortigaunts (alien slaves).
so it may be just some random core with no real story connection at all :3

I didn't, I'm assuming that co-op will include the devices featured in single player portal 2, thus confirming that they take place in roughly the same time period, otherwise, the devices would have been seen in the main test sequence.
Plus, it would appear that most of the personality cores, such as the one that the ball robot is made of, were activated after the end of portal 1

frznbxy
03-26-2010, 08:31 PM
ok, i didnt got the point of your post, but after re-reading the thread title, i get it...so OP, i disagree as well with the coop being a prequel to the original portal. like i said, i still believe the coop campaign will be an extra campaign like the vortigaunt one in decay. why would it be a prequel? glados built those robots herself (most likely), why should she use the morality core/how should she get access to it? BEFORE the original portal, which means it has either not been developed yet/is already built into her, and...and...
wtf what am i discussing here? just no, its definitely NO prequel.

Some_weirdGuy
03-26-2010, 11:19 PM
We don't know who made the coop bots. You're just guessing it was glados.

I'm just saying it could work as a prequel.
Glados floods the centre with neurotoxins(that would kill a person, but not robots) and locks everything down.

The coop bots are made (maybe by someone trapped in a part of the centre where the neurotoxins can't reach them) with the mission to make it to glados and then the morality core bot would connect to glados and stop her/bring her back under control.

Its even fitting as to what they are. The creator of the bots is trapped and so he modifies what he has on hand, a sentry and the core, into the bots.

v.dog
03-31-2010, 04:50 PM
I didn't, I'm assuming that co-op will include the devices featured in single player portal 2, thus confirming that they take place in roughly the same time period, otherwise, the devices would have been seen in the main test sequence.Exactly. There would need to be two lots of art assets, and the co-op would miss all the new gameplay mechanics if it was a prequel.

The co-op campaign could sit in time-line between the two games (perhaps being ending in Chell's awakening), or it could be concurrent with or even after the events of Portal 2.

Zomgkiller
04-01-2010, 03:38 AM
The protagonists are usually silent.
One of the coop bots is made from a glados core.
The morality core was silent.

hmmmm (http://www.inspiredstartup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/hmmm.jpg)

i have a wooden leg.
tables also have wooden legs

SO i am a table.
Makes sense to me.

Some_weirdGuy
04-01-2010, 04:30 AM
i have a wooden leg.
tables also have wooden legs

SO i am a table.
Makes sense to me.
pics or it didn't happen

and a better parody would have had 3 points seen as mine had 3, however you only have 2 points.

and if you read my other post you'd see the other stuff that also makes this idea mesh well. Not that i'm saying i actually think it will happen.