PDA

View Full Version : The only reason why I hate this game.

LeetJohn
03-26-2010, 06:23 PM
When you are reloading you can't switch weapons. Horrible for zombie games.

youknow
03-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Very annoying.

AeneasXI
03-26-2010, 06:52 PM
When you are reloading you can't switch weapons. Horrible for zombie games.

No that makes you need to think more. Should you now reload your empty weapon or would it maybe be better to switch to another weapon instead of reloading so you don't die?...

You can set your weapon to not auto reload when the gun is empty so you HAVE the possibility to switch weapons it doesnt force you to reload rly

Really just learn how to play the game... omg -1 rep =/ (no idea how you got that 50 rep anyways with 12posts. doesnt seem right)

vempajor
03-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Not as annoying as the crashing every hour IMO.

AeneasXI
03-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Not as annoying as the crashing every hour IMO.

you should write to support then, since it hardly ever crashed for me...

padliuz
03-26-2010, 08:16 PM
I have connection issues.

tinsteelviper
03-26-2010, 08:32 PM
No that makes you need to think more. Should you now reload your empty weapon or would it maybe be better to switch to another weapon instead of reloading so you don't die?...

You can set your weapon to not auto reload when the gun is empty so you HAVE the possibility to switch weapons it doesnt force you to reload rly

Really just learn how to play the game... omg -1 rep =/ (no idea how you got that 50 rep anyways with 12posts. doesnt seem right)

I reload when I think its safe but if something creeps out at me, like a stalker or something drops right in front of you, you can't do anything about it because ur stuck reloading. You should be able to switch weapons while reloading, your reload is incomplete and you'll have to do it later.

AeneasXI
03-26-2010, 10:48 PM
I reload when I think its safe but if something creeps out at me, like a stalker or something drops right in front of you, you can't do anything about it because ur stuck reloading. You should be able to switch weapons while reloading, your reload is incomplete and you'll have to do it later.

yes your right in that, but it would make the game alot easier too, so it really is a design question that is up to the developers too decide.

Maybe an official statement if this would be considered or not? xD
hoping for it wont hurt at least ... =]

Ebay
03-27-2010, 08:48 AM

I have 2 weapons. Empty mag on zombie. Reload. Get hit. Change weapon to try and finish him off. Weapon empty. Reload. Die.

Baloban
03-27-2010, 10:51 AM
And i would hate if this playercommunity starts to dwindle.

Today is the first time ever since i joined the KF Steamforum, that i have seen so many "Yesterday"-threads.

Usually the first page have most threads with answers dated "today", if not all threads.

Something happened? Are people tired of KF or are there other issues concerning KF?

AeneasXI
03-27-2010, 10:13 PM
And i would hate if this playercommunity starts to dwindle.

Today is the first time ever since i joined the KF Steamforum, that i have seen so many "Yesterday"-threads.

Usually the first page have most threads with answers dated "today", if not all threads.

Something happened? Are people tired of KF or are there other issues concerning KF?

lol
"normally" on 1 forum site in a steam forum there wouldnt be alot threads saying "yesterday" or today" only the most mainstream games have that. Killing floor has a HUGE community. No worries :P

Jinsukiji
03-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Most games allow you to change your gun while you reload but if you think about it .. When you pull a mag out of your pocket and it's half way inside the pistol, why randomly drop it and pull out a knife? :P I'd finish. It grows on you though once you become used to it, I only hate it when I take out like a mag full of my handcannon then see one crawler, shoot it but it reloads instead. >_> Damn, crawler G'd me.

Mister.D
03-28-2010, 05:03 AM
The game needs a BOOTSTOMP that you can use at any time, reloading or not.

If I was being surrounded by zombies you can guarantee I'd be using my steel toed boots if I was busy with my hands in the middle of a reload.

It could be KF's version of the melee swing like in L4D.
Hell, it worked for DukeNukem :D

RalphMalph
03-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Which Duke Nukem was that?

Zonker
03-28-2010, 07:31 AM
The 3D one. You could manage to kick with both feet at the same time, too. Had to be some anti-grav-probe up his bottom.

Flurgorg
03-28-2010, 08:12 AM
The 3D one. You could manage to kick with both feet at the same time, too. Had to be some anti-grav-probe up his bottom.

Hahaha that brings back memories, +rep for you.

Grease
03-28-2010, 09:57 AM
You can skip over half the reload animation on most weapon, and still have them be actually reloaded, by simply switching weapons right after pressing the reload button.

It's really useful when you have, for instance, an AA12 and hunting shotgun.

Unload AA12, hit reload, switch to hunting shotgun, alternate fire, hit reload, switch back to AA12, repeat.

asdfzxc920
03-28-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm okay with the not being able to switch while reloading, but if it does that it needs to have auto-reload disabled by default for magazine-loaders.
+rep

AeneasXI
04-06-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm okay with the not being able to switch while reloading, but if it does that it needs to have auto-reload disabled by default for magazine-loaders.

To disable autoreload by default would confuse alot of players who arent used to hit R all the time.

They would then come to this forum and start a thread about how it sucks that your weapon doesn't reload automatically when its empty. I guarantee you that ;)

Making it an option is clearly the best way to go. At least we can turn it off unlike in other games right?...