PDA

View Full Version : Will steam have a price drop?

LATTEH
03-27-2010, 12:41 PM
I want to buy this game but i buy most of my PC games from Steam because it makes it easy to install if i Reinstall windows and all i have to have is all the Data backed up

but anyway does anyone think there will be a Price drop?

flowersmang
03-27-2010, 04:04 PM
It's $20 for a 30+ hour game...

Robotech_Master
03-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Actually…it will have a price drop, sooner or later, temporarily. Steam puts all its games on brief sales eventually.

I got Mass Effect for $4.99 when it was on sale for 75% off back in January. Sooner or later it will go on sale again.

flowersmang
03-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Just realized this is the Mass Effect series forum so if you were talking about Mass Effect 2, I apologize.

LATTEH
03-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Just realized this is the Mass Effect series forum so if you were talking about Mass Effect 2, I apologize.

its ok lol

HvC_Terr
03-27-2010, 10:13 PM
I got tired of waiting for a sale on ME2 on Steam and just now ordered it along with some other stuff on Amazon.

Really, Steam. I was watching. Waiting. Hoping. I'm sorry it had to be this way.

fitsch
03-28-2010, 07:32 AM
I got tired of waiting for a sale on ME2 on Steam and just now ordered it along with some other stuff on Amazon.

Really, Steam. I was watching. Waiting. Hoping. I'm sorry it had to be this way.

First off steam doesn't decide about the sales. If the dev says NO they can't just go on and make a sale. Also as you say it it sounds like you've been waiting for months - the game is out like 3 months now, what did you expect? A 75% sale after one month?

HvC_Terr
03-28-2010, 02:52 PM
75%? That much? Pfft. Given the prices available in other places, I was hoping maybe a $50->$40. Whether you call it a "sale" or a "normal price reduction", whatever.

Also as you say it it sounds like you've been waiting for months - the game is out like 3 monthsYou may want to re-examine this sentence...

First off steam doesn't decide about the sales.
Which is why I'm apologizing to Steam, and not to EA/Bioware.

ChronicIntel
03-29-2010, 11:23 AM

So it was on sale at Amazon? And you got other stuff as well? I honestly don't see why you have to apologize to Steam; you got what you wanted and it's not as if Valve is hurting from a lost sale. There's plenty of other games you bought from Steam, I bet.