PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay hours disappeared

whisperity
03-28-2010, 07:29 AM
(Anyway, I sent a question regarding this issue for Support)
I won't rewrite the whole text, I only log my message (this is already sent for Support).

Dear Support,

I'm having an issue with the playtime section of the Steam Community site.
I had about 11 hours of gameplay with Half-Life 2:Episode Two, but recently it disappeared and the Community site shows "0.4 hrs last 2 weeks / 0.4 hrs on record" for this game, and after 2 hours of gameplay yesterday, it still shows 0.4 hours.

Note: I haven't seen this issue regarding with my other games (Portal, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2).

Yours sincerely,
Whisperity.

gorpie
03-28-2010, 07:44 AM
Probably a stupid question, but is Steam set in Online or Offline mode?

Are you using the Steam Beta? Maybe it's a known bug or something... (Here's the forum (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=837).)

whisperity
03-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Probably a stupid question, but is Steam set in Online or Offline mode?

Are you using the Steam Beta? Maybe it's a known bug or something... (Here's the forum.)

I always use Steam in online mode (I have very fast and very stable internet connection).

I use the Steam beta with my brother's account logged on my computer. That account have no games purchased to it.
I usally play (when I can and my bro isn't home) on my brother's computer logged on with my account. (My laptop is a piece of crap)

However, after I got an achievement, it registered properly, and the gameplay hours were also registered properly.

Interesting, I have 0.4 hrs last two weeks / 0.4 hrs on record
playtime on my Recent Games and All Games list, and have only Playtime past 2 weeks: 0.4h when I click View stats to view my achievements.

It's a weird issue, I'm having such a "bug" with HL2:E2.

gorpie
03-29-2010, 12:52 PM
I always use Steam in online mode (I have very fast and very stable internet connection).

I use the Steam beta with my brother's account logged on my computer. That account have no games purchased to it.
I usally play (when I can and my bro isn't home) on my brother's computer logged on with my account. (My laptop is a piece of crap)

However, after I got an achievement, it registered properly, and the gameplay hours were also registered properly.

Interesting, I have 0.4 hrs last two weeks / 0.4 hrs on record
playtime on my Recent Games and All Games list, and have only Playtime past 2 weeks: 0.4h when I click View stats to view my achievements.

It's a weird issue, I'm having such a "bug" with HL2:E2.

Are you using the new Steam Beta?

This might be an actual bug.

I just checked my gameplay hours and mine says .7 hours total for HL2. (I just played a map earlier today and I was definitely in-game for at least an hour. Not to mention the other maps I've played in just the last two weeks.)

gorpie
03-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Post your problem in this thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1164262).