PDA

View Full Version : DoW 2 and Expansion problems

Cpt. Obvious001
03-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Hey everyone, I'm having some issues with my Dawn of War 2 and the Expansion, Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising. With Dawn of War 2 (the original) I have it downloaded on Steam, but everytime I try to launch the game, it says launching game, then nothing else happens. I've tried uninstalling and re-downloading the game, but that didn't work.

With Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising, I can't install the game without the xlive.dll, which I know is a popular topic and was able to find the awnser. However, everytime I install Windows Live, it installs, then goes to the finish installation screen where it says open Windows live, but every time I do this, it says that Windows Live isn't installed, so I try again, and again, and again, and nothing happens. So, I need help, otherwise, my cities landfill is going to be a bit more fuller next week...

Cristari
03-29-2010, 03:21 AM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1206124

Was there any need to post the same post twice under different titles?

Do you think it will get you a faster or even different result?

Cpt. Obvious001
03-29-2010, 12:56 PM
No, I just followed the other guys advice, he says I might get better results if I come to this part of the forum, so that's what I did. As for the things he told me to do, neither of them worked, so I thought maybe putting it in here will let others know of my problem and they can give me a hand, or tell me something that I haven't thought of yet.

aerundel
03-29-2010, 02:14 PM
How exactly do you move to this part of the forum from the same forum? He said the DoW forums, as in go to www.dawnofwar2.com and ask there. You could also try the RelicNews forums, which the guy in the other thread linked.

Cpt. Obvious001
03-29-2010, 03:12 PM
lol, woops, my bad, I'm and idiot. Ty guys