PDA

View Full Version : Best rifle EVER

Blade_Train3r
03-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Dunno if anyone else got this. I'm a bit disillusioned with the enchanter now XD

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb229/Blade_Train3r/unique.jpg

Angstrom
03-28-2010, 03:05 PM
It looks like the enchanter wiped the item, then you enchanted it again to get the health recovery. Wiping does suck, but the enchantment system is probably imbalanced without it. There is a mod to remove the wipe chance, however.

darkgriffin1986
03-28-2010, 03:15 PM
That...is a best weapon ever indeed. LOL :D

Yeah, I've lost lots of my items to that guy. I don't like the mod that makes him never fail though, it's a bit cheap. (I understand heavy hardcore players way down in the random dungeon rely on enchantments to survive, I'm not one of them, just a casual player who is ok with finding and working with "trash".)

Instead, I keep a secondary set of armor/weapons, and use the enchanter on those. Once I get something reasonably amazing, I swap with the one on my character, just like if I had picked the enchanted item up off the ground. This way, if something goes sour(stupid combinations, enchant fails, ect), I don't lose any of my character's current equipment.

But yeah, this has got to be without a doubt one of the worst item results I've ever seen. Congrats! A peaceful rifle for the perfectly pacifist! :D

Metro
03-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Just a tip -- especially for rare/unique rings and necklaces -- save the ones that get wiped because you can still transmute three into a new rare/unique ring/necklace.

Blade_Train3r
03-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Nah the health isn't an enchantment it's a cracked life gem XD

Hepina
03-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Nothing like finally getting an unique polearm and have the enchanter ♥♥♥♥ it up on the first try. :o

I know there's a mod that removes the chance of backfire, but in my opinion that removes a very vital part of enchanting. After getting in Shadow Vault money isn't really a problem so you could just enchant your weapon until it oneshots rare monsters above your level. Also you'll start to appreciate enchantment shrines a lot more as well as they have half as high chance of backfiring as enchanting NPC in town.

BowlerHatMan
03-29-2010, 12:11 AM
I do use the no-wipe mod, but that's primarily because I have the WORST luck with the enchanter. I hit total wipes far more frequently than is really reasonable.

If someone could make a mod that would wipe a single random enchantment or something similar I'd work with that instead, but it just got aggravating simply not being able to use the enchanter thanks to my own bad luck.