PDA

View Full Version : Anyone help out a potential customer?

SpicyEnchilada
03-28-2010, 08:14 PM
I need to know something very important, because I am unable to find this games server list on game tracker or anything like that, I would like to know how many players are on NZ and Australian servers and how many servers that are NZ and Aastralian there are, thank also, Will i be able to play on medium/lowish settings?

8800gt
Intel Dual core @ 2.2 GHz (yeah i need to upgrade)
4 GBs of ram
Windows 7
@ 1440 by 900

if it helps i can run crysis just at highest (including DX10 stuff), at around 25 to 40 FPS.

Isodus
03-28-2010, 08:26 PM
The overall population of this game is low, but you can usually find a server or two with decent populations. If even you and one other person hang out on a server for an hour it is almost always guaranteed to become more populated. Beyond that I can't really help you with your specific population and server question since I watch the US servers.

As for your computer you could run it on lowest settings but I'd expect you to get ~10 fps.

Hope this helps.

SpicyEnchilada
03-28-2010, 11:03 PM
That is help full thank you. + rep. However is there anyone who plays on NZ or Australian servers?

LoganDougall
03-29-2010, 08:16 AM
There are some Australian servers - and a clan I believe?? - but you'll find that ping isn't that much of an issue with SH when it comes to gameplay. Voice will have some stuttering naturally(you can offset this with high buffer values) but since the hitscan registration is run client side rather than server side, you'll play fine.

I commonly play with a 130-300 Ping when I don't feel like starting a server, the only issues I get are the occasional packet loss that results in warping for a moment.

It's not too hard to start up a server either :P

The game is in a bit of a rough patch atm, I won't lie about that, but with how FM is still supporting the game with free content it has a good chance to make it through without issue. The regular contests are kinda fun too :D

SpicyEnchilada
03-29-2010, 09:44 AM
I have bought this game it is almost finished downloading, thanks for your input! also + rep LoganDougall.