PDA

View Full Version : PATCH YOUR SERVERS ALREADY

Aces-B2
03-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Seriously Valve, TF2 gets an fix like every week, however CS:S one of your top selling games (of all time), gets a patch a year. Hell even DOD:S gets more attention for fixes than CS:S does. Its an old game I know, but come on, dedicated servers need to be patched, there are simply WAY too many exploits and I am tired of going to different forums and reading new threads about new exploits and preventions popping up here and there.

LUA, RCON crashes, file uploads, server.cfg downloads.

It would be nice for someone representing the updates for dedicated servers on the source engine to comment, this is simply getting ridiculous.

L4Derman
03-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Here, Here!

lailai
03-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Is most servers full of hackers? I'm going to re-consider my purchase of gmod+cs:s if this is true

Vlad211
03-31-2010, 10:57 AM
This is a move I really don't understand about Valve. This game is no doubt Valve's top selling game of all time and they don't really show support for it. Team Fortress 2 is great but Counter-Strike still needs patches for bug fixes. Even Day of Defeat: Source had a newer update than this game and it's pretty close to dying if it's not already dead.

skacikplz
03-31-2010, 10:59 AM
Is most servers full of hackers? I'm going to re-consider my purchase of gmod+cs:s if this is true

no , but the game is very old and doesn't get promised updates