PDA

View Full Version : What resouces do you have problems with

bl4h
03-29-2010, 05:22 AM
Im still trying to come up with a solid economic plan. The learning curve on this game is HUGE.

I have a hard time keeping up with food both bread and fancy. This seems to be a bottleneck all throughout the game. Seems like no matter how many farms i build I just cant keep up with it. Things start stalling and falling apart

Everything else I have no problem keeping up with

Is that how it is for you?

Alith
03-29-2010, 07:42 AM
I tend to go for technology so I don't find I have food issues. Between the Animal Husbandry, Scarecrow and the Work Yard technologies, your food production is doubled.

GhostWhisper
03-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Same for me mate, i even have 3 fishers and the fishtech,and still i simply cannot seem to provide enough food,they always complain.

I think it's a matter of getting the food around,and im a noob in this game, i must be missing sumthing...

Unaki
03-29-2010, 10:41 AM
My problem is gold. I never have enough >_>

I think that problem would be solved if I made more breweries though.

DesktopMan
03-29-2010, 11:18 AM
I usually give hunters either plain food or fancy food. Give the butcher fancy food as well and you get +3x fancy food for each hunt without wasting a plain food on the butcher.

If you have problems with plain food production you can give one or more of your farms or fisheries fancy food as well.

Bismarck
03-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Im still trying to come up with a solid economic plan. The learning curve on this game is HUGE.

I have a hard time keeping up with food both bread and fancy. This seems to be a bottleneck all throughout the game. Seems like no matter how many farms i build I just cant keep up with it. Things start stalling and falling apart

Everything else I have no problem keeping up with

Is that how it is for you?

likely problems here are:

1. Having every noble workyard set to "always", and having butchers not set to fancy food (butcher should always be set to fancy food, since he then negates his food cost).

2. Supply chain shutdown. Runners may be too busy with other things that they can not transport the food, or the fod is consitently way too far from where it is needed.

My problem is gold. I never have enough >_>

I think that problem would be solved if I made more breweries though.

I'd suggest fancy food for a brewery rather than building many many breweries. Your runners are less likely to get tied up, and less land is needed for grain production then.