PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Crash, Departed and Filth's Cross on Suicidal?

Zonker
03-29-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm running a dedicated KF server on suicidal and I've started to see one problem during the last weeks: everytime the server switches to Crash, Departed or Filth's Cross (by mapvote or due to the mapcycle) it tends to get deserted. I can't help but wonder if the lack of achievements for the maps or their design itself keeps people from playing them, at least on suicidal.

To be honest especially Filth's Cross isn't exacly one of my own favorites and I keep avoiding Crash a little, too. Now the question I keep thinking about is whether I should keep the three maps in the maplist or not. At the moment I basically have to switch maps manually now and then because the server stays empty forever with these three active. Any opinions about that subject by you guys? :)

majloo
03-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Crash is still quite popular, but the whole team keeps camping upstairs, which is boring. Departed has a really nice glitch for staying alive, but other way, whole team gets mostly wiped out, as long as they donīt camp in one spot upstairs too.

Filthīs Cross is really a scary map, but hard as hell and on suicidal... Well, i did it only once.

Baloban
03-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Personally, i dont play maps with no achievment. Never do.

thegrimace
03-29-2010, 02:53 PM
I'd remove them from the list. I don't mind the maps, but if you can't keep the server full, it's not really serving (no pun intended) a purpose. Take them out and serve (pun intended) the community.

kamikazekrieg
03-29-2010, 03:17 PM
very few people play suicidal for the rush, most are just playing to get the achievements.

Zonker
03-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the comments so far. After switching maps from an empty Filth's Cross just now again, I've gone and removed the three maps. Added The Long Dark Road instead, for testing purposes. No achievements there, either, but I think it's a decent and suicidal-doable map. I'll see what happens with this one.