View Full Version : After game crash loose saves

Dekart1982
03-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi

i got a big problem.

I play all the afternoon.
Reaching lvl 15
the game crash

i load steam and i tell me the save are not the same. I could'nt now what where the newest so i told no to the question un now i got my character lvl 7 ....

There is something to to to restaure my character ?

Thx a lot

Dekart

Fishermang
03-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Just got the same. Back to level 4 from level 11, and I lost all the progress, weapons included. Because I clicked on "cancel" when the steam asked about "steam cloud related" saves, or whatever. How am I supposed to know which ones are more recent?

barfarina
03-31-2010, 12:10 AM
Yep, same here. Gone backwards from 21 to 17. I've tried checking the local save i thought was just before the crash, but using it to open torchlight doesn't seem to do anything...

I just got Adam's sword too.... :o

EDIT: It doesn't matter which save i try to use, i end up loading with the same info. Not game to play anymore in case i do something that makes the local load irreversible.

mLegion
03-31-2010, 01:20 AM
How am I supposed to know which ones are more recent?

The saves get loaded from the cloud when you start the game and saved to the cloud when you quit, so if you crash your local saves will be your newest saves (assuming you saved or autosaved at least once since starting the game) and the cloud will have the saves it had when you started up the game, the cloud wont update its saves until you (properly) exit the game.

Burbots Revenge
03-31-2010, 06:11 AM
I have forced an gamecrash cause i have made a mistake and sold an rare spell. So i cut my Internet Connection and kill the Process.

At the next start Steam ask me if i want use the newer local or cloud files i chancel this.

So now my character had a savegames one day ago and lost 10 level...

Also my backups was so old...

i realy hate steam cloud ♥♥♥♥!

I start now a new character and hope the best..