PDA

View Full Version : So how come I'm not getting a that emial for free game?

Z Overlord
03-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Do I need to register somewhere? I bought the Steam version deluxe thing or whatever the best version of AC2 is called. :confused:

DJ_Professor_K
03-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Only the people who had the issues with the DRM some weeks ago are entaitled to gain as compensation a free game, as far i undertstood.

maul_inc
03-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah, the compensation is only for costumers like me that registered the game before the 2 days of server down time, I got something even better than a free game, I got the 3 Templar lair missions from the Black Edition :D

But I think Ubisoft will make them available for everybody when they are about to Launch AC2 Episodes later this year (Like advertising for the next game)

Vesper
03-29-2010, 06:47 PM
I think they might be going by server logs because I pre-ordered. Registered and played on release day but never tried to run the game when the servers were down and I never got an email. That or it's completely random.

Monkey Saturday
03-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Same here. Pre-ordered and all that jazz, played right away and no email.

Oh well.

Rishwin
03-31-2010, 12:31 AM
If you bought the "Deluxe Edition" then you already have the extra levels, there is nothing more you can get.

eydeeb
03-31-2010, 12:42 AM
Only those who actually tried to play when the servers were down got it.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14245996&postcount=64

Monkey Saturday
03-31-2010, 03:18 PM
So all those times I tried to play when the servers were down didn't count? Maybe it was for only a certain specific server outage.

Evolution'
04-01-2010, 08:13 AM
i got an email saying that i would get some compensation but so far no actual offer and i emailed support 3 days ago with no reply

Vesper
04-01-2010, 11:05 AM
i got an email saying that i would get some compensation but so far no actual offer and i emailed support 3 days ago with no reply

that first e-mail was a blanket e-mail that went out to everyone as a news letter. The e-mail with the offer is only going to the people that actually tried to log into the server when it was down. They are going by server logs so I don't think sending them e-mails is going to do much if you didn't try to log in at that time.

Jito463
04-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Now, here's a question that just popped into my mind. If they're using server authentication logs to verify those who couldn't play, and they couldn't play because the authentication servers were "down" (due to DDoS attacks), then how did they get the logs in the first place? If the server was down, then wouldn't the logs be blank, since no one would be able to connect?

Or is everyone just "assuming" that they're using the server authentication logs for verification?

Furyo
04-01-2010, 12:17 PM
They're verifying who "attempted" to connect. The servers were not down, they were overused, artificially by a denial of service attack. That makes the servers believe that a lot more users are trying to connect, making it impossible for the server to process them all. For the DDoS attack to happen, the servers have to be up and running, which they were. Once you get to the logs, the only thing you need is separate legit and artificial users.

Jito463
04-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Ah, ok. That makes sense. I was beginning to wonder if there wasn't something to those claims that it was Ubisoft who screwed up, and just blamed it on DDoS attacks.

Remember, it's only paranoia if they're not out to get you.

Mind you, I still allow for the possibility that it was a Ubisoft mistake, but I can't fault the logic in your argument.

RedVix
04-04-2010, 12:51 PM
I didn't receive the email either. I sent an email to Ubi support and I'm still waiting.

RedVix
04-05-2010, 01:40 PM
I got a very rude answer from Ubisoft. I'm sending back another ticket.