PDA

View Full Version : Achievements questions and problems

Xcava86X
03-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Straight Rush
Why I can't get it? We were behind a huge "wall" of pipebombs, dropped by a Demolition level6 on normal (long wave too).
The patriarch walks over the bombs, immediatly it dies but I can't get the achievement. Is because I've to fire the shoot that takes it down?

I Like To Watch
When I had played 14hours in total it was on 4/5 mins, now I've 40 hours and still be 4/5.:confused:

Dignity for the Dead
I've seen cleary the zombies eat his body, so I've taken them down but when I checked in the main menu the achievement's progression was saying 0/10.

Can be enough at moment, and these are the only problems that I have with the game (great work guys!)

EpyonXI
03-30-2010, 02:00 AM
Straight rush: your suppose to kill him before he has a chance to heal. If you kill him with one blow like with pipe bombs of course your not gonna get it.

Dignity for the dead: only clots and crawlers eat dead corpses and this achievement is bugged for some.

Worm Shoes
03-30-2010, 03:36 AM
Lol, my DFTD achievement is really bugged!

I must have killed over 100 specimens noming on a corpse and mine still says 4/10 ;)

But yes, some of the achievements are bugged. :(

tacc
03-30-2010, 07:51 AM
For Straight Rush you could simply start a short beginner solo game. Or just keep playing. It will happen sometime.

Grease
03-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Straight Rush
Why I can't get it? We were behind a huge "wall" of pipebombs, dropped by a Demolition level6 on normal (long wave too).
The patriarch walks over the bombs, immediatly it dies but I can't get the achievement. Is because I've to fire the shoot that takes it down?

I think you have to lay some bombs too.

I Like To Watch
When I had played 14hours in total it was on 4/5 mins, now I've 40 hours and still be 4/5.:confused:

I have no idea how this happens, since you should have over 5 minutes worth of zed time by now.

Dignity for the Dead
I've seen cleary the zombies eat his body, so I've taken them down but when I checked in the main menu the achievement's progression was saying 0/10.

Most weapons will interrupt the eating animation, and the only weapon that doesn't is the crossbow at long range, when you get lucky.

Can be enough at moment, and these are the only problems that I have with the game (great work guys!)

Awesome game indeed.

Btw the best way to get dignity of the dead is to play with a friend, let the last 10 or so enemies live and kill your friend, then use a crossbow at very long range to take the enemies out while they eat.

It might take a few waves tho.

Xcava86X
03-31-2010, 07:18 AM
I'm actually playing on another server: I need bedlam and foundry on normal and I've just played both, and we have won both maps but I've got no achievement. [I've got "a bit barmy", probably was something of the server(?)]

Keep Those Sneakers Off the Floor!
I killed 17 of them until yesterday, today I've killed 3 for sure and didn't get any achievement. (I've checked and still to 17)

back to game ._.

Takua
03-31-2010, 09:08 AM
The person who kills the Patriarch will get the Straight Rush achievement, not the whole team.

Dignity for the Dead and I Like to Watch are commonly bugged achievements. Lots of people have made threads about it.

EDIT: I think I've mistaken the Straight Rush achievement for Merry Men, because whoever kills the Pat with the crossbow gets the achievement.

Xcava86X
04-01-2010, 07:02 PM
I've unlocked "I like to watch" in single player while I was trying to get "Merry the man", I got "Straight Rush" too but not marry the man... is because I have to play coop to get that achievement or something else?

edit: a weird fact is that after I wrote this post I came back to the game for playing MP, I joined to a random server and after few minutes steam showed me the "marry the man" achievement message.

This game still has few bugs to fix (:

Suomis
04-02-2010, 02:59 AM
The ZED time ach and DFTD are bugged. They work occasionally.

Grease
04-02-2010, 04:24 AM
DFTD is not bugged, it's just that shooting will interrupt the eating animation, and even when it looks like the zeds were still eating when you shot, the shot had already interrupted them.

Use a crossbo at long range, that's the only thing that works.

Suomis
04-02-2010, 05:05 AM
It didnt work for me when we tested it out with a friend a long time ago.

liamsharkey
04-02-2010, 05:28 AM
dignity for the dead is annoying because if you dont hit one eating it they will attack you and there isnt much chance to get it

Suomis
04-02-2010, 05:34 AM
Exept a longrange xbow shot penetrating a few...

Zaqq
04-02-2010, 06:33 AM
I Like To Watch
When I had played 14hours in total it was on 4/5 mins, now I've 40 hours and still be 4/5.
I got it after few days playing. 10 hours maybe.

Zonker
04-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Use a crossbo at long range, that's the only thing that works.

Nah, that's not right. I actually got Dignity for the Dead while playing firebug and using the flamethrower. It took quite some time to fill the achievement up and it was one of the last I got (I never tried it intentionally, though). You will get it by some lucky shots eventually, no reason to constantly struggle with it. :)

vempajor
04-02-2010, 08:48 AM
These achievements are bugged about a year ago.

Xcava86X
04-02-2010, 10:22 AM
uhm..

oh yet a new page, thanks a lot at all, just this and back to play. :)

lanux128
04-02-2010, 08:22 PM
speaking of bugged achievements, lets not even get started on 'blooper reel'. funnily 'junior killer' works even though both uses the grenade launcher.