PDA

View Full Version : How is the MP in this game?

RamblinBob
03-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Hello,

I was looking at buying this game and I was really enjoying playing 1701 with my friends online.

How is the multiplayer in this?

Is there any way to do an allied victory like in 1701 or is it purely competitive?

Is it possible to have two players controlling the same colony to help with management?

Thanks!

ZeroDarkHundred
03-30-2010, 05:50 PM
You can co-op or go head to head with or without computer AI's. It's essentially the same game except you cannot co-op scenarios due to achievements.

RamblinBob
03-30-2010, 06:53 PM
You can co-op or go head to head with or without computer AI's. It's essentially the same game except you cannot co-op scenarios due to achievements.

How many players can you have in a co-op game?

Could me and my friends do a 3v3 against AI? Or are 4v4 co-ops possible?

JosiaMFire2
03-31-2010, 02:06 AM
3v3vAI is possible and so is 4v4 I believe, the only limitation is, there are 4 characters or 'teams', each of these 4 teams can have upto 4 humans, OR alternatively one AI (you cant play coop and be on the same character as the AI). I believe you also cant have more then 8 human players total. I have tried co-op with just 2 people and it was alot of fun.

kitsunegari
05-07-2010, 03:46 AM
How do the games work in effect? My continuous game has been running for hours.

Calbrenar
05-07-2010, 07:41 AM
You need to have friends with lots of time to play games. That's the hardest thing for my friends and I we have a rough time scheduling games. We try to play usually once a weekend for 4-6 hours at night and that's about it. It's a lot of fun but it's rough because nobody wants to make an army because if they do they fall behind ecomoically but then if you actually do go all out war the player not involved will either double team you or shoot past you both economically and even if you succeed and decimate your friend he's not going to want to play anymore which means you just ruined a 13 hour game lol.

The AI really isn't that much of a challenge to play against once you figure out how to play. Even if they get way ahead of you it's fairly easy to take them out if you plan it right. Simply keep flattering them when you can pay any tributes they offer to keep them away from you till you can afford a castle and some ships and focus honor into the honor fleet attainments and just hose them.