PDA

View Full Version : Commanding troops

protyx
03-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Does anyone else find warbands way of commanding troops on the field very, very uncomfortable?
I mean,
select troop, select command type, select command
vs
vanillas select troop, give command.
I guess its a bit late for suggestions, but i myself would be really happy about an option to switch between command styles.

Mormacil
03-30-2010, 04:04 PM
I prefer this less cluttered way, it's only an extra keypress, generally around the key you just pressed.

MarcusValerius
03-30-2010, 04:31 PM
You can also still use the backspace interface. It's much easier to give lots of commands that way. Don't try fighting with it open though.

Sarejo
03-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Well, there are varied opinions on this subject.

Personally, I liked the old system, because I was already used to it. But the new system does put some extra options there, that wouldn't fit otherwise.
But eventually, I did get used to it, to some extent. Many other games use the same way of commanding that isn't as fast.

The thing is the new system is effective, and works. Like everything when coming from M&B, I guess it's a matter of getting used to it =)

Da-V-Man
03-30-2010, 09:59 PM
The new system is cool, but is there any way to cancel your orders/close the menu? I find myself often bringing up the troop commands window accidentally by pressing a number, or an fnum in multiplayer.

Aside from that, when I make my Rhodok infantry character I am SO making my own private hero group.

BillyRueben
04-03-2010, 05:03 AM
The new system is cool, but is there any way to cancel your orders/close the menu? I find myself often bringing up the troop commands window accidentally by pressing a number, or an fnum in multiplayer.

You should be able to hit the "ESC" key to get rid of the command menu.