PDA

View Full Version : Some questions!

Tempy
03-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Hai. I unforunately missed the sale due to being overseas, but after I got back yesterday and found out about it I started looking a bit more closely at the game, having sort of only skimmed over it a few months ago when it was released. I've watched some videos and done some reading and I am incredibly sorry that I didn't look further into it back when it did come out, and am pretty set on buying it shortly. I do have a few questions though:

1) Is there an "end game" so to speak? Like, you finish the story, is there more to do after that and at level cap?

2) How fast does leveling go? Is it a long process?

3) What are gear improvements/enchantments like? What I mean is, when you invest time into a character and get it good stuff, does it become alot more powerful or is this stuff more of an on-the-side thing?

4) I haven't played Diablo before. The closest I ever got to a hack and slash was probably DotA, but even then I didn't play it much. I've played other RTS games quite a bit though, and I'm pretty okay at most games I try. What difficulty should I start out as?

Cheers!

unit335
03-30-2010, 09:33 PM
1) Is there an "end game" so to speak? Like, you finish the story, is there more to do after that and at level cap?

When you finish the story you probably wont have bomber gear, so there is an "infinite dungeon". A lot of people play to see how deep they can get. A lot of people also play through the story again with different classes, including modded classes.

2) How fast does leveling go? Is it a long process?

Earlier levels go a bit faster. But my main is at lvl 50 or so and I gain about 1 lvl per night. I only play for 1.5h or so.

3) What are gear improvements/enchantments like? What I mean is, when you invest time into a character and get it good stuff, does it become alot more powerful or is this stuff more of an on-the-side thing?

There are lots of unique items and sets to gather. Gathering a set is an involved process, but your multiple characters share an inventory (the "Shared Stash") which makes gathering sets more interesting. A lot of people stick to non-unique items and pay the enchanter to buff these items - although every time you enchant there is a chance that all magical effects on the item will be removed! o.O

Hope that helps! \m/

Maledict21
03-30-2010, 09:34 PM
1) Yes, after the main story there is a large, random dungeon that you can continue to play along with multiple side quests that go along with it.

2) Leveling in Torchlight actually goes a lot quicker that in most action/RPGs.

3) This really depends on your class, but yes it does improve your character quite a bit, even to the point of being overpowered sometimes on the lower difficulties.

4) As previously mentioned, it's relatively easy to become overpowered. If you just want a casual playthrough, you might as well go with normal difficulty. If you want any kind of moderate challenge, play on hard.