PDA

View Full Version : Killingfloor.exe has stopped working

ninjamcwaffles
03-30-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm not 100 % sure if this is where I post this but I keep getting this error whenever I try to start KF anyone have any ideas why or how to fix it?

ninjamcwaffles
03-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Can anyone help me w/ this?

Dr_Frodo
03-31-2010, 01:01 PM
You can try to verify game cache (right click killing floor in your games list > properties > local files > verify integrity...). That usually fixes most problems with general steam game errors.

Give it a try, post back with your results.

GuitarGangster
01-16-2012, 02:55 AM
You can try to verify game cache (right click killing floor in your games list > properties > local files > verify integrity...). That usually fixes most problems with general steam game errors.

Give it a try, post back with your results.

I tried that and it still does the same thing... :/

anything else I can do?

seq
01-16-2012, 06:12 AM
Post your system specifications and look for a crash.log or similar log in \Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System\ to post here. That way people might have something to go on. It's impossible to say anything valuable based on the information posted so far.

GuitarGangster
01-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Post your system specifications and look for a crash.log or similar log in \Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System\ to post here. That way people might have something to go on. It's impossible to say anything valuable based on the information posted so far.

but I almost have 100 hours played. so its obviously not my specs. and i dont see a crash.log.

EpharGy
01-16-2012, 08:05 PM
but I almost have 100 hours played. so its obviously not my specs. and i dont see a crash.log.

If you dont give us any details to go on, system specs etc, and error that pops up etc we have NOTHING to go on, it may not be hardware changes, it could be software updates etc.

Its like me posting, my car wont start, fix it.

GuitarGangster
01-16-2012, 10:16 PM
If you dont give us any details to go on, system specs etc, and error that pops up etc we have NOTHING to go on, it may not be hardware changes, it could be software updates etc.

Its like me posting, my car wont start, fix it.

My system specs are:

RAM: 6 GB
Processor: Intel Core 17-2630Qm CPU @ 2.00GHz
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

GuitarGangster
01-16-2012, 10:27 PM
And it comes up with a box saying "killingfloor.exe has stopped working."

it does this in the main menu. sometimes I can get into a game fast enough then it wont crash, but sometimes it crashes once i get to the main menu.

It used to never have problems, but around November 2011 it started doing this.

EpharGy
01-18-2012, 04:12 PM
And it comes up with a box saying "killingfloor.exe has stopped working."

it does this in the main menu. sometimes I can get into a game fast enough then it wont crash, but sometimes it crashes once i get to the main menu.

It used to never have problems, but around November 2011 it started doing this.

Try deleting your killingfloor.ini from your killingfloor/system directory

Also, try running the game in different OS compatibility modes (XP SP2 etc)

GuitarGangster
01-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Try deleting your killingfloor.ini from your killingfloor/system directory

Also, try running the game in different OS compatibility modes (XP SP2 etc)
what is the killingfloor.ini file exactly?

and how do i run it in a different OS compatibility mode?

seq
01-19-2012, 04:01 AM
and i dont see a crash.log.
I think it might be called killingfloor.log. It's in the \system\ directory in any case.

GuitarGangster
01-19-2012, 04:08 AM
I think it might be called killingfloor.log. It's in the \system\ directory in any case.
OK. Im pretty sure I have found it. what do I do with it?

daflipp
01-19-2012, 04:09 AM
what is the killingfloor.ini file exactly?

and how do i run it in a different OS compatibility mode?

The .ini file stores your graphic settings for example. If you delete it KF will create a new file with default settings.

seq
01-19-2012, 04:14 AM
OK. Im pretty sure I have found it. what do I do with it?Check the last 10-30 rows and see if you can find anything that resembles an error or something that references a crash. If you do, post it here.

GuitarGangster
01-19-2012, 04:16 AM
The .ini file stores your graphic settings for example. If you delete it KF will create a new file with default settings.
I have a killingfloor.int file... is that it?

daflipp
01-19-2012, 04:25 AM
I have a killingfloor.int file... is that it?
No. The file extension might be hidden, but the icon has a cog symbol in it. Some problems can be fixed by deleting it, because the settings got f*cked up. If you are not sure which file it is, you can also delete the whole system folder, restart steam and validate the game cache. Should be around ~60mb to download then.

GuitarGangster
01-19-2012, 04:32 AM
Check the last 10-30 rows and see if you can find anything that resembles an error or something that references a crash. If you do, post it here.
Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Class None.': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Class None.': Can't resolve package name

Thats all i could find that was related to failure or crashing.

GuitarGangster
01-19-2012, 04:38 AM
No. The file extension might be hidden, but the icon has a cog symbol in it. Some problems can be fixed by deleting it, because the settings got f*cked up. If you are not sure which file it is, you can also delete the whole system folder, restart steam and validate the game cache. Should be around ~60mb to download then.
I deleted the .ini file and validated the game cache and it still crashes and gives me the same error message..

daflipp
01-19-2012, 04:57 AM
Things I would try now:
1. delete the whole system folder - restart steam - verify game cache
2. check the cache folder inside your KF dir, and delete any files in there. If there is just a .ini file - nothing has to be done
3. update directX 9

GuitarGangster
01-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Things I would try now:
1. delete the whole system folder - restart steam - verify game cache
2. check the cache folder inside your KF dir, and delete any files in there. If there is just a .ini file - nothing has to be done
3. update directX 9
I tried all of that and I still get the error message and the game crashes.