PDA

View Full Version : Clear Sky

MagicPickle
03-31-2010, 06:19 AM
ok well spoiler warning so if you aint played it yet and plan to dont read.

Anyone else tired of having your stuff stolen? I dont know how far along in the game I am but had my money stolen twice and all my gear stolen once. its getting old!

FreemanForPrez
03-31-2010, 07:06 AM
ok well spoiler warning so if you aint played it yet and plan to dont read.
Anyone else tired of having your stuff stolen? I dont know how far along in the game I am but had my money stolen twice and all my gear stolen once. its getting old!

You mean when first entering the Garbage and then later, when looking for what's-his-name in that underground room, I assume.
Shoot the Bandits at the Garbage and don't let them take your stuff. That won't affect the game any, but it will ruin your chances of ever joining the bandit faction.
As for the other thing where they steal all your stuff, after it happened to me once, I spent all my money before going there, and hid ALL of my stuff in a trunk, suit included, before going into that room. You can get your stuff back from them easily enough, but the money is gone forever.
And of course if you have no equipment or weapons or supplies with you at the time, they don't get anything.

It's annoying, but that's Life in the Zone for ya. ;)

MagicPickle
03-31-2010, 05:54 PM
gah its just so annoying that I finally get some money together for new stuff when this guy is all hold still freeze dont move, and im all ok, then he comes up demanding my money and im all what?! ill kill you for this! *tries to close chat window* *cant close chat window* *cries a little* tried to kill em but ended up dieing :(.

Scourge
03-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Shoot the Bandits at the Garbage and don't let them take your stuff. That won't affect the game any, but it will ruin your chances of ever joining the bandit faction.

It's annoying, but that's Life in the Zone for ya. ;)

Also ruins getting the last upgrades on the SEVA suit without a mod.

n0bby
04-01-2010, 01:07 AM
It's annoying, true. But it adds some extra variety/colour to life in the zone...

I always buy stuff just before those parts of the game. Just get some upgrades for your current gear, before you get mugged. And getting your gear back when they take that is as easy as following a map arrow and killing two guys. It's not really a big deal.

FreemanForPrez
04-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Also ruins getting the last upgrades on the SEVA suit without a mod.

Really? I wasn't aware of that. I've never played nice with bandits - I just exterminate them with extreme prejudice. ;)

Tornhelix
04-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Really? I wasn't aware of that. I've never played nice with bandits - I just exterminate them with extreme prejudice. ;)

Me too! I hate them.

And I always thought it was silly how some bandit technician is the only one who can do one of if not the highest technological upgrade in the whole game. I think the scientists should be able to do that upgrade (can't remember if they have their own tech like in CoP)

But yeah... bandits suck!

Scourge
04-01-2010, 04:43 AM

I always wait until after that fact, then exterminate. They give nice rewards for jobs too.

FreemanForPrez
04-01-2010, 04:57 AM
I always wait until after that fact, then exterminate. They give nice rewards for jobs too.

Ah well thanks for the info. I just started a new CS game to test out the Clear Sky Complete mod, so maybe this time I'll pretend to like them and betray them later. :cool:

Me too! I hate them.

And I always thought it was silly how some bandit technician is the only one who can do one of if not the highest technological upgrade in the whole game. I think the scientists should be able to do that upgrade (can't remember if they have their own tech like in CoP)

But yeah... bandits suck!

You're right - it IS silly.

Oh well, that's Stalker for you. ;)