PDA

View Full Version : Red Triangle

kenparse
03-31-2010, 11:24 PM
Hi.

I have to use Expert Mode in Railworks due to having RailDriver.

Recently during the scenarios I have been getting a red triangle with a big black exclamation mark inside and the game freezes up.

I read the report on one particular scenario and it said something about "using the brakes once"

Well of course I use the darn brakes to stop !!!!!

Is this game "toying" with me?:D

Advice appreciated --- humourous or otherwise.

Stay on the tracks.

Canada Ken.

FootplateManWSR
04-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Ken,
Let me see if I can work this out.
You're not in cab view, you're on the Ox-Padd route, you've just travelled over a yellow box in the middle of the tracks and 0.1 miles away, you can see a yellow signal?

Your RailDriver is not the problem. You have just been tripped by AWS (the yellow box). If you fail to acknowledge a yellow or red signal within the specified time (5 seconds), the train with automatically have its emergency brakes applied. If you had been in cab view, you would have heard the alarm. After the last update, the warning triangle was added by RSC so that those of us who will occasionally not be in cab view will still get a warning.

Your game has not frozen up. Cancel the alert with the ALERT button on your RailDriver or "Q" on the keyboard. This will enable you to reset your brakes, reverser and throttle.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Theblob76
04-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Recently during the scenarios I have been getting a red triangle with a big black exclamation mark inside and the game freezes up.

The red triangle with an exclamation mark inside is the display for wheelslip. If you are getting this while you just have a loco only, that shouldn't happen. It seems like some file connected to the wheelslip function isn't there or might be malfunctioning. To see if this is the case, please Verify the Game integrity by going to:

Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache. If that doesn't work, try Defragmenting it? (I'm skeptic the defrag will do anything if the other doesn't work.)

FootplateManWSR
04-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Blob,

I'm sorry to say you are wrong,sir.
Navigate to "Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\data\textures\fro ntend" wherever you have RW installed and you will see three warning triangles as .tga files.

The Wheelslip Warning Triangle looks remarkably like a wheel slipping.

http://www.atomic-album.com/showPic.php/236208/triangles.jpg

Andy

styckx
04-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Footplate has it right. It's the AWS warning. Thank god for the visual aid! I used to get caught by those things constantly cause I hardly ever drive inside the cab and never heard the warning. Then I got used to just spotting the inductor and hitting Q once I passed over it. The warning indicator makes it much better.

old timer
04-01-2010, 12:59 PM
More helpful information,Thanks
Ron

kenparse
04-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi.

Thanks a lot for the info guys.

Got it!!!!!

Driving outside Cab --- Spot Yellow or Red signal ahead -- move swiftly back into Cab and look for that nasty little yellow box on the tracks.

Should work OK after a couple of beers !!:D

You'll all make a good train driver out of me yet despite everything !!!!:D

My thanks to all, especially FootplateManWSR, who understood my novice problem right away.

Stay on the tracks.

Canada Ken.

FootplateManWSR
04-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Ken,
Here's a little background reading for you.
http://www.railway-technical.com/sigtxt7.shtml
Enjoy.

Andy

kenparse
04-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Hi Andy

Thanks very much for the link. Very interesting and informative articles to help me enjoy Railworks.

Really appreciate your gesture.

Stay on the tracks.

Regards.

Ken.