PDA

View Full Version : What happens when you start over?

Shawis
04-01-2010, 01:31 AM
When i have finished the game on normel witch i will soon, will i keep the things i have and level or how will it work..? i can see that i will get 25 % more xp after running the game once. But i am an adept and think they are boring since they have to many biotics power..

When i start over do i have the choice to decide wich class he will be..?

I wont do all the side quest since it will ruin it when i do this again.. But im gonna make everyone loyal and only thane is left...

Shadur
04-01-2010, 01:39 AM
If you go for a newgame+, you'll be stuck with the same class. If you go with a new game from your original ME1 save file, you can pick whatever class you feel like, and the bonuses from having completed the game once will stack with the benefits from starting from a ME1 completion.

Shawis
04-01-2010, 01:44 AM
Damn.. i have almost done ME 1 twice but dont have the chars... And i wanna be sentinel or the ninja since they are the best of what i have heard..

Adept have to many biotic powers and i dont think its necesary with that many! since i only can use one at the time..

But is it possible to do this game on hard with a new char..?

YouKnowMyName87
04-01-2010, 02:01 AM
But is it possible to do this game on hard with a new char..?

Yes! Unlike ME1, you can now choose all difficulties from the start.

Shawis
04-01-2010, 02:15 AM
Im just not sure if infiltrator will be the most fun one to play..

it looks fun with sniping and going stealth..

Vanguard looks cool to but it will be pure suicide using charge on hard..

And i dont think enginer will be better then infiltrator

Lawnmooer
04-01-2010, 03:15 AM
Im just not sure if infiltrator will be the most fun one to play..

it looks fun with sniping and going stealth..

Vanguard looks cool to but it will be pure suicide using charge on hard..

And i dont think enginer will be better then infiltrator

IMO infiltrator is pretty boring, only having a few sniper shots (the reason i made an infilrator was for sniping) got a bit tiresome after i ended up using incinerate alot more.

Vanguard is a fun class to play, and charging isnt so suicidal even on harder difficulties because it regens some of your shields when you use it and it makes the person you hit stumble and puts you in perfect range for a point blank shotgun blast (if you got the evicerator then you can do serious damage and 1 shot kill alot of things even on insanity difficulty) but be warned you need to think about charging stratigically, if you rush in and charge at everything you see you will die, you need to analyse the situation to get the best results.

I do like the engineer. I find it funner to play then the infiltrator and it can have numerous playstyles such as Sniper-Dominate engi where you use a sniper to get down shields/barriers/armour and use the dominate ability (from advanced training if you get a certain team member) You can go for a very offensive type using overload and incinerate alot or play how i do and use the drone to get people out from cover/distract them freeze them using cryo blast and then empty an entire clip of smg ammo into them :)

TBH if your unsure on what you want to play, you can always do what i did which was complete the game 8 times, once for each class and then once to get the options i wanted on my favorite class (engi :D ) ready for ME3

Shawis
04-01-2010, 05:24 AM
This sucks -_-

But i see you point about the infiltrator..

Then its between sentinel, enginer and vanquard witch is supposed to be funny :D

Do you typical use charge against enemies who are close to cover so when you kill him you can cirkle around a crate or something to hide..? And does the charge abillity really have that long range..?! it looks cool but that does not mean its fun.. Im confused.. and thats thank too you :S

Lawnmooer
04-01-2010, 06:18 AM
yes as a vanguard try to charge when there is cover nearby, unless you are certain that you can charge to someone else/take someone else down before needing cover. Charge does have a fairly long range and can allow you to pass through certain objects (usually small cover) but charging into a mass of enemies is generally a bad thing :)

Shawis
04-01-2010, 07:33 AM
But why you enjoy eng over sentinel and vanquard..?

I dont think its neccesary with all biotic powers adept have thats why i dont like that class..

Shawis
04-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Wait the reason you enjoy eng most over vanguard is because you can play it in different ways..?

As an adept i used warp most followed by the globe thing that absorbs people close to it..

But most people says that sentinel is best on the hardesy difficulty together with infiltrator..

Is that because it got tech amor..?

Shawis
04-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Just watched the vids at their homepage and the decision is between sentinel and vanquards who looks most fun to play..!

Lawnmooer
04-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Yeah sentinel is considered the best because the armour it gets is rather nice.

Sentinel and Vanguard are both quite fun but in the end its all to do with your playstyle, Vanguard tends to favour getting in close and shooting people with the shotgun/smg. Wheras the sentinel uses more powers and can get alot of smg action if you play it that way, the sentinel is very flexible around most situations with its wide variety of powers... in the end its all up to what you want to play and dont worry too much as you can still make another character if you dont quite like the one you choose :)

Kailieann
04-01-2010, 08:41 AM
I've never heard anyone claim Sentinel is the best. Tech Armor is only a mediocre improvement over Barrier, Fortify, and Shield Boost, which are available to every class as bonus talents. And are usually passed over in favor of something that's actually useful, like Reave or Warp Ammo.

Infiltrator (Assassination Cloak + Widow)
Soldier (Hardened Adrenaline Rush + Widow)
Vanguard (Heavy Charge + Melee, or Claymore if it's a boss)

Those are the most effective classes. In order of effectiveness, though Vanguard is by far the most entertaining.

Shawis
04-01-2010, 09:36 AM
i agree that vanquard is entertaining so far!

But i cant use charge constantly and thats the most boring parts of battles..!

I noticed the ammo thing witch is quit nice..! the fire ammo

Adept didnt have any ammo improving skils wich i think is a must since its passive!!!
What is claymore..? and wich ammo do you think i should use? fire or ice thing? :) i have choosen fortify as bonus power but dont know if thats the best one..? and cant wait to reduce cooldown as much as possible with charge and fully level it up to be a killing machine! i dont get why people love adept.. you gotta have little of each.. and no need to have lots of powers when you cant use them al at once and no need for that many biotic powers!
The passive skil (assault i think its called), is it good to maximize it quickly so i can gain most of renegades/paragons as possible..? right after charge.

Lawnmooer
04-01-2010, 10:50 AM
i agree that vanquard is entertaining so far!

But i cant use charge constantly and thats the most boring parts of battles..!

I noticed the ammo thing witch is quit nice..! the fire ammo

Adept didnt have any ammo improving skils wich i think is a must since its passive!!!
What is claymore..? and wich ammo do you think i should use? fire or ice thing? :) i have choosen fortify as bonus power but dont know if thats the best one..? and cant wait to reduce cooldown as much as possible with charge and fully level it up to be a killing machine! i dont get why people love adept.. you gotta have little of each.. and no need to have lots of powers when you cant use them al at once and no need for that many biotic powers!
The passive skil (assault i think its called), is it good to maximize it quickly so i can gain most of renegades/paragons as possible..? right after charge.

claymore is a shotgun. Fire is usually better than cryo on shotguns. Yes get the passive up after charge to reduce the cooldown :)

Shawis
04-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Great..! i wil do vanquard on veteran and then do sentinel on the harderst just to tell you guys how i beat ME 2 :D

i just hope charge does not get boring!

and i wont talk as much with people since i been trhought i once so i hope i still will get the renegade/paragons everyhwere i should even tough i talk as little as possible

Kailieann
04-01-2010, 11:22 AM
The best combination for ammo powers (on a Vanguard, anyways) is Squad Cryo Ammo for your teammates, followed by Inferno Ammo for Shepard. There are, however, two problems with that setup.

First, it means maxing two ammo powers, which eats up almost half of your skill points, limiting your options for other powers. Then again, your other options are Shockwave and its unbearable 6 second cooldown, and Pull, which you can use Jacob, Jack, or Samara for anyways.

Second, teammates who have their own ammo powers will always use them, period. There is no way to avoid this. Which means you can't use Jacob ever, or a loyal Jack, Garrus, or Thane, or Grunt or Zaeed if you already put points in their ammo powers.
Or, you can, but then you lose the benefit of having two teammates with Cryo Ammo, in which case, why bother with it in the first place?

As for bonus powers, if you're going to use one of the defensive ones, you should use Barrier, not Fortify. Fortify is Combat, but Barrier is a Biotic power, so it benefits from Vanguard's Bitoic bonuses.
That said, Charge restores your shields anyways, so why would you want a defensive talent? Go with Reave.

Lawnmooer
04-01-2010, 12:34 PM
As for bonus powers, if you're going to use one of the defensive ones, you should use Barrier, not Fortify. Fortify is Combat, but Barrier is a Biotic power, so it benefits from Vanguard's Bitoic bonuses.
That said, Charge restores your shields anyways, so why would you want a defensive talent? Go with Reave.

or just use the cooldowns on charging instead!

Kailieann
04-01-2010, 02:13 PM
While more Charging is exactly what a Vanguard should be doing 90% of the time, there are a few situations where it just doesn't work out so well.
YMIR Mechs, Praetorians, enemies who are just plain out of reach. For things like that, Charge may not always be the best option.

Reave is a biotic power, so it benefits from all of the Vanguard's damage/cooldown bonuses.
It's ranged, so you never have to worry about it not reaching the target, as can sometimes happen with Charge.
And unlike Charge (which does very little damage to begin with), Reave also does bonus damage vs. Barriers and Armor, which is great for Praetorians, and not half bad against YMIR Mechs once you get their shields down, too.

Shawis
04-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Is Reave like Warp..?

Kailieann
04-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Reave is Samara's loyalty skill.

It's similar to Warp in that it's a ranged biotic power that's effective against barriers and armor, but it doesn't detonate other biotic effects, and it does damage over time instead of all at once.
It also heals the user when it hits an organic target.

Europhoria
04-02-2010, 07:58 PM
I loved playing as Vanguard. You have a large variety of biotic powers to choose from since each skill has their own use in different situations (horses for courses right?). Shockwave barrels opponents over out of cover making them an easy target and is easily my favourite. Charging everywhere would make the game pretty boring after a while. ME became stale that way once you had upgraded your armour, weapons and powerups to the point where simply tanking through horeds of enemies became common.

Kailieann
04-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Charging everywhere would make the game pretty boring after a while.

As opposed to what, being stuck hiding behind cover for the entire game?

After a few minutes, Charge is the only thing that makes combat in ME2 bearable.

Shawis
04-06-2010, 10:18 AM
What suits an vanquard best..?

As the extra weapon you can learn to use..?

Lawnmooer
04-06-2010, 10:55 AM
the better shotgun :)

Kailieann
04-06-2010, 11:09 AM
the better shotgun :)

Absolutely most definitely this.
No Vanguard is complete without the M-300 Claymore, even if you only use it as a boss buster and melee everything else.

Shawis
04-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Do i get that one on te ship :D !?

Megaxtar
04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Absolutely most definitely this.
No Vanguard is complete without the M-300 Claymore, even if you only use it as a boss buster and melee everything else.

I Thought only Grunt could use that?

Europhoria
04-07-2010, 06:09 PM
As opposed to what, being stuck hiding behind cover for the entire game?

After a few minutes, Charge is the only thing that makes combat in ME2 bearable.

I'm just saying if you were able to string together a series of charges within seconds, it would make the game too easy and inevitably boring. Hiding behind cover gives you time to assess your situation and plan accordingly. I like the combat in ME2 as it brings it more in line with other action orientated games. It's not a simple tankfest where you could take on a large group of enemies ala a Chinese Kung Fu film (or equivalent, if you've seen 'A Better Tomorrow' you know what I'm talking about) and win easily.

Kailieann
04-07-2010, 07:29 PM
I Thought only Grunt could use that?

Grunt, and Shepard if Shepard is a Soldier or Vanguard and chooses the Claymore on the Collector Ship.

Soldier can also choose the unique M-76 Revenant LMG Assault Rifle, and both Soldier and Infiltrator can choose Legion's M-98 Widow Anti-Material Rifle.

Megaxtar
04-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Grunt, and Shepard if Shepard is a Soldier or Vanguard and chooses the Claymore on the Collector Ship.

Soldier can also choose the unique M-76 Revenant LMG Assault Rifle, and both Soldier and Infiltrator can choose Legion's M-98 Widow Anti-Material Rifle.

I Just got there as Vanguard Thanks:D