PDA

View Full Version : Battle aborts after you die

DecoyAUT
04-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Just a small thing, but in case a developer reads this, I wonder why you didn't change that. If you die you get to the main screen even if you have a big army left who could win the battle. I loved all the mods who did that better, where you could watch your army fight without you. And that's realistic too (some mods even offered the chance to configure the chance of "game over" death if you die in battle).

This topic really bothers me, because if battle is over when you die (ok you can send them in again afertwards, but that doesnt have the same quality) you have to be over-carefully not to die. And I like to fight with my army in the first line. :)

But other than that, great game. There is much to improve, but much that has been improved. If there ever will be a M&B2 I am sure you will do a good job. Had lots of fun with M&B and I hope I will like the multiplayer of M&B Warband (just bought the game a few minutes ago).

se05239
04-01-2010, 04:02 AM
I remember few mods that punished death with end of the game sort of thing, but if it was to be in Warbands, it must be optional. I don't think I want to play for 100+ hours on a save and then get killed by a surprise arrow in the back and start everything over again.

Mormacil
04-01-2010, 04:37 AM
With die he means unconsious. You can't die die in WB ;)

rial2209
04-01-2010, 06:27 AM
With die he means unconsious. You can't die die in WB ;)

He also talked about some mods having death in the game, and I would love death in game, as ♥♥♥ would always be stalking behind the corner. And as I stated in the suggestions thread, it would be cool to be able to make another character become the leader of your party or nation after you get killed by something. Like a son, or a fellow companion made by you, or one of the companions in the game already. It would keep the game fluent and evolving. IN my perspective. But options to choose is what makes anything great. Can't have too many options to keep things simple, but this should be one of them.

NullMad
04-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Quite a few big mods had the option to just nap peacefully in the grass and let the battle play out. Why it's not in this game is beyond me. There is too much emphasis on the player in a way. Especially with morale system in place there is no reason not to continue the fight just with large morale penalty to your guys. It's especially silly when you have a lot of companions. In the autoresolve battle they count based on their level, but I could have given them incredibly heavy armor and balanced weapons which would make them infinitely stronger than what their level suggests. Ohh well. That's what mods are for.

DecoyAUT
04-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Quite a few big mods had the option to just nap peacefully in the grass and let the battle play out. Why it's not in this game is beyond me. There is too much emphasis on the player in a way. Especially with morale system in place there is no reason not to continue the fight just with large morale penalty to your guys. It's especially silly when you have a lot of companions. In the autoresolve battle they count based on their level, but I could have given them incredibly heavy armor and balanced weapons which would make them infinitely stronger than what their level suggests. Ohh well. That's what mods are for.

That's exactly what I mean! And yeah I talked about optional Death, but that's not a must. What really is important, let the battle continue! And the idea with the moral loss is really great.

Jenkins
04-02-2010, 08:40 AM
bumped for truth

Da-V-Man
04-02-2010, 08:47 AM
I know this is annoying, however, sometimes waiting 5+ minutes to let a battle play through is doubly annoying. Especially when you get 1-shotted before contact with the enemy.

Bombah
04-02-2010, 09:07 AM
in the mod native expansion for pre-warband mount&blade if you died the battle continued and you could detach the camera from your body and hover over the battlefield as a ghost watching your troops fight - so the battle was not decided just by your own life/death. That was a huge improvement and i hope the native expansion mod gets ported to warband aswell, since it improves the game in many areas

c3rebraL
04-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Wasn't there also a MOD that let you play as one of your other soldiers when you get knocked down?

Also, signed/agreed, ending the battle when ONE person gets knocked out is dumb.

Jenkins
05-31-2010, 12:26 PM
something new ?

Aetius
05-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Guys, use this mod. It has the option to continue battles even when you are 'sleeping.' It has many other great tweaks included.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1751

Jenkins
06-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Ho thank you bro, i've been waiting for this ♥♥♥♥ so long

GrungeChangy
06-02-2010, 03:18 PM
I would love to see if my army won after i was uncontious, and if they did win i wouldnt then be taken as a prisoner "dragged around for days" haha. Yes I would love this. Should of been in the game at the start